Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by luverrly on Mar 13, 18 1:41 AM
I am currently trying to open the photo album in Margaret's House. Even though I have the gloves (as you have to get them in a previous quest) they are not showing when I am playing the stage.

I shut the game down and still they didn't show. I attempted three times and lost all the energy that is associated with that. Is there any way to fix this?

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Mar 14, 18 3:18 AM
No, it can't be fixed. This is a common problem/bug in the game that many new players encounter.
If you win a tool (like the gloves), you must use it immediately, or you lose it. Sometimes you can go back and win it again, but not in this case.
You are stuck, and the only thing you can do is restart the game.

I have copied these instructions from another post how to do a restart without losing coins, gold and collections:
"
Turn on game, log in
Disconnect from internet
Hit NEW GAME under the gear on top right side of main screen.
Play a few of the quests
Reconnect to the internet

You will lose all building supplies, inventory items, upgrades, and resources

THERE IS NOT GUARANTEE this will work but several others report it works. If steps are not followed exactly it will not work and you will lose the coin, gold, and collectibles.
"

Before you do this, use up all your resources, food and keepsakes to win useful collectibles.
Additional note: disconnect from internet also includes disconnecting Wifi.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 22, 18 2:13 PM
Hello luverrly and Dirk_Tee,

First of all, thank you for your patience and for taking the time to let us know what you've experienced. I agree with Dirk_Tee that once the known issue with Margaret's Gloves is encountered, players will have to restart to get around the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for providing those clear instructions Dirk_Tee on a way to restart the game with as much carry over as possible. We unfortunately don't have the tools available in our Support Team to provide this service, so it makes sense to provide this workaround to fellow players who are encountering this issue.

It may also be helpful to reference the following thread in future playthroughs as it contains a lot of information regarding known issues and workarounds or suggestions:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: