Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 26, 12 6:38 AM
The bunny head doesn't come off at all if you bought the $6.99 Standard Edition and are posting in the $13.99 Collector's Edition forum, as some people do.

If the head is meant to come off, you'll find the hammer works with its shaft diagonally across the centre of the rabbit.

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 6:39:35 AM PST

[Post New]by tammyhipple on Sep 4, 12 8:58 AM
please tell me what the snow shoes is for. love this game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 4, 12 9:00 AM
Walking up the slope to the barn. You have to have them but not use them. This is because you go to the barn and back more than once and have only one pair of snowshoes. (Everything else is used just once and disappears from inventory after that).

Edited on 09/04/2012 at 9:01:13 AM PST

[Post New]by kittercat1 on Sep 5, 12 10:21 PM
I loved Dire Grove, but I have not been able to find another game like it. Is there any game out there like Dire Grove? Will there ever be another game like it made? I like the fact that you interact with people and talk to them. this was a cool game. I like the videos left behind. I hope someone out there makes another game like this one.

[Post New]by bamagirl663 on Sep 26, 12 4:15 AM
fluffy64 wrote:Is it true that this game at 19.95 will not count as a game purchased for the month of november? Yeah if it is, darn if it's not. I don't mind the larger price, as I feel you are getting more for your money. If you bought the game at 6.99 somewhere there will be a strategy for another 6.99, plus you get extra stuff. Could someone get back to us if this game will count towards the november game. Thank you and take care all.

this game does count toward any game purchased.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Oct 5, 12 12:11 AM
This is my favourite Mystery Case Files Game. Does anyone know if they are going to make a sequel?

[Post New]by sage233 on Oct 8, 12 9:42 AM
Awesome MCF game! Too real!! The storyline, graphics and music are outstanding! Wish I would have known sooner, how great MCF games are. I will certainly go back and play all MCF games, from the beginning! The workmanship and detail put into Dire Grove, will make it all worth while. I thoroughly enjoyed the quality of this game, while trudging through the arctic, snowy scenes. In some cases, I could actually imagine how the rooms would've looked w/o the snow and ice. A kind of coziness, which I appreciate.

Thanks to all the makers of the MCF collection! Wow!
Looking forward to handling the next case!

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Nov 10, 12 3:03 AM
I've played all the games in this series and I have loved every single one.
I found the graphics, the puzzles and mini games excellent. I actually played it over and over again.

PLEASE WHEN WILL THERE BE ANOTHER? I am going through MCF withdrawal.

I am getting shaky..... Help?

Grin

Seriously this series is my absolute favorite.
KDinMD

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 10, 12 9:52 PM
I've played every MCF game at LEAST 3 times, and none really bring out the beauty of the game like Dire Grove does, for me.

I just bought the CE, I've been playing the SE for years now until I decided to get the CE, and the extras are great (compared to the sequels' extras!)

I just have one question, pardon me if it's been answered before but I can't seem to load the pages of the thread at all - in the 'secret room' there's a drawing of a lighthouse with 2 cottages and a secret spot with an 'X'. Is that a reference for RTR?

Happy gaming everyone

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 10:02:03 PM PST

[Post New]by seamare12 on Nov 30, 12 7:42 PM
If you make a mistake in getting the generator going, do you have to completely start the game over? I can't get past this, and can't get the generator to work!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 1, 13 12:23 PM
what do the FISH, think of the new MCF?

[Post New]by Joeyd05 on Jan 7, 13 12:48 PM
Just tap on each part for generator. I was trying to slide and pull. Once u do that and hear the noise each part makes you know it's working

[Post New]by Sgspeed on Jan 7, 13 1:32 PM
Thought this was an awesome game, and got all the way to the end and one of the ruin gems disappeared from my inventory. I do not want to play this over to finish. It seems like this is a known problem and really ruined the game for me.

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on Feb 24, 13 2:53 PM
Love the game and the break in live action scenes it gave the game a deeper feel of being there at least for me it did keep up the good work

WickedOne9
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by WickedOne9 on Mar 4, 13 6:47 PM
Deafgirlfish wrote:I loved this game, but was disappointed in some parts. I am a hearing impaired person so I didn't like the videos and the "secret" message from the phone in the bonus room. I had no clue what they said. I think they should have provided a transcript (subtitles) for deaf customers if needed. Otherwise, this was a great game. Loved the morphs and puzzles and that I was able to use the strategy guide easily during the game.

I also hated how I had to sit through the credits. I understand everyone wants their names to be shown, but that's not what I paid for.

I never have the sound on when I am on my computer and what I do is when I go to the options of the game, I turn all sounds, ambient sounds, etc to 0 - and I get captioning. On the video camera it started out with subtitles & then I pressed the CC button on the camera & they stopped - so perhaps your CC button was not on - but I think if you set those options to 0 things will be easier as I have always had subtitles. . .hope this helps (I know this question is a bit old, but ya never know when someone else may have the same issue ~ oh hey I am a JellyFish "Movin' on up, to the East Side. . ." LOL Wickedly Fishy LOL

Christian_
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Christian_ on Aug 7, 13 11:50 AM
I bought this game a long time ago, and couldn't get past a few things in the game.I paid 19.98 for it then, but never got the stradegy for it. Well it went into my purchase history, as of about aweek ago, I decided to try playing the game again, this time I actually got the stradegy for free. I did get further this time, but two things, I can't get past the coins, and disappointed that I can't skip past them, next, I never got any morphing objects, even though the guide said where they were, and fish????? I have no ideal what anyone is talking about. Can someone please help me, at least get past the coins. As far as the morphing objects, I may have to start over. but any help anyone has would greatly be appreciated. I read where one person said she didn't do any of the puzzles, but the coin one won't let me skip. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
thanks!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 10, 13 11:06 PM
Hi Christian! I'm sorry no one has answered you yet!
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be much help on the coins - it's been so long since I played this game, the only coins I can remember are the ones you need for the vending machine! You might wish to do an "Advanced Forum Search" to get some help with that. Go to the “Search All Forums” Box to the upper right of these posts. Click “Advanced Forum Search” (small blue lettering), then enter your search words, for example “coins”, then select this game’s title. All posts with those words included will then pop up for your perusal.

As for the morphing objects, it sounds as though you have purchased the Standard Edition (SE) of this game, the morphing objects and Felix the Fish are bonus features and are only present in the Collector's Edition (CE). You can get to the forum for the SE by copying and pasting this URL: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1496.page. There you will find a link to the walkthrough for the SE, as opposed to the one for the CE in this forum.

Hope this helps somewhat!
Good luck!

[Post New]by lindy555 on Oct 5, 13 7:43 AM
im stuck on this game, im in the foyer and dont know what to do next, plz help

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 5, 13 3:46 PM
lindy555 wrote:im stuck on this game, im in the foyer and dont know what to do next, plz help
It's been so long since I played this game I don't have any good suggestions for you. But it sounds as though taking a look at the walkthrough might give you a sense of what to do next. The walkthrough thread is currently beneat this one on the first page of this forum - click on page 1, then look at the first post and click on the walkthrough link there. Good luck!

[Post New]by medusa58 on Nov 7, 13 3:37 AM
I bought this game, it is not the free 1 hour trial.It had no strategy guide but I have managed to get a fair way through until I needed some help. I found a 'walk through' which showed there are 'morphing' items. In my games they will not 'morph' and collect.very disappointing as that is a fun part seeing if you can find them. why don't they work?

Go to: