ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Gotcha! (ha, ha!) levels (no spoiler details)

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jul 1, 11 11:52 PM
One of the fun parts of this game is that some levels have "fake" difficulty. You work away at some chains and/or ice, maybe in some obscure or disconnected corner, and you suddenly notice that your task (break X tiles, for example) does not even involve that part. I can almost hear the "gotcha!" when I've fallen for these diversions.

I just mention this because it is one of the features that tells me a lot of thought went into this game. Love that!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Gotcha! (ha, ha!) levels (no spoiler details)

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 23, 12 2:29 PM
ecblisa wrote:One of the fun parts of this game is that some levels have "fake" difficulty. You work away at some chains and/or ice, maybe in some obscure or disconnected corner, and you suddenly notice that your task (break X tiles, for example) does not even involve that part. I can almost hear the "gotcha!" when I've fallen for these diversions.

I just mention this because it is one of the features that tells me a lot of thought went into this game. Love that!

In the beginning, I lost a couple of levels because I'd not noticed the fact that I was doing unnecessary "work" and then I'd look at it again (after deciding to replay the levels) and realized my error and was able to complete said levels within the allotted time.

After that, particularly on the game boards wherein you had to release fragments, I would try to work around the chains and/or frozen tiles and on one level (forget which one) I actually was able to release quite a few of the fragments with almost NO defrosting of tiles!

VERRRRRRRRRY long game; spent 10 hours doing up to 120 levels and another 4 hours doing the last 60 levels; the only thing that I didn't like was the CONSTANT NOISE of the bonus tile warning.

MEnr56

Go to: