erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

DD Question

[Post New]by erigby on Jul 2, 11 12:39 AM
I bought Sherlock Holmes Lost Cases 2 some time ago, and the DD just posted, Sherlock Holmes Lost Cases of 221B Baker Street, looks almost identical.

Are they the same game? If they are, is #1 any good and what title should I look under for this game? Why do devs do this? Makes no sense.

ETA:

It also doesn't make any sense that I typed TGT instead of DD. (Dumb & dumber, here.) TY for the help fishies.

Edited on 07/02/2011 at 1:21:46 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:TGT Question

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 2, 11 12:45 AM
I think Sherlock Holmes Lost Cases of 221B Baker Street is today's Daily Deal not TGT!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 2, 11 12:48 AM
Hi there erigby,
I think the first game was titled "The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes". Although the gameplay is the same, it is more difficult because the items for which you are searching are sometimes VERY TINY - though there is a magnifying glass to help.
The devs seemed to have "listened" to the comments about the tiny items (which I actually enjoyed as a challenge), and made them much larger and easier to find in the second game.
And yes, there was a change of name sequence which makes them harder to locate.
Cheers.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 2, 11 12:51 AM
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/3396/the-lost-cases-of-sherlock-holmes/index.html

this is the link to the first game; i remember buying it back in 2008

as there are only two 'lost cases' in the bfg list i think you already own is the daily deal today

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

TGT Question

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 2, 11 1:09 AM
erigby wrote:
I bought Sherlock Holmes Lost Cases 2 some time ago, and the TGT just posted, Sherlock Holmes Lost Cases of 221B Baker Street, looks almost identical.
Are they the same game? [...]

hi erigby,

yes, they are:

bfgZambezi wrote:Hey LuvDemGames,

We actually do have The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes 2, but it was released on our site under the name The Lost Cases of 221B Baker St.
[...]

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/95170.page
posted in the forum for "The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes" on May-10, 2010.

So, no DD for you today

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:DD Question

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 4, 11 8:36 AM
Hi fishies,

Just swimming by to move this thread over into the The Lost Cases of 221B Baker St. game forum and this discussion can be continued here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: