bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Love Chronicles: The Sword and The Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 2, 11 7:57 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Post any Love Chronicles: The Sword and The Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jul 2, 11 11:51 AM
Don't know why, but neither of the Love Chronicles games will play on my computer. I get a purple screen that looks grainy or snowy and then gets some stripes in it. Totally unplayable. Have to control\alt\del to get out. Disappointing. They both look like the kind of games I enjoy playing. Oh well, there are others.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 2, 11 12:12 PM
desandnrs wrote:Don't know why, but neither of the Love Chronicles games will play on my computer. I get a purple screen that looks grainy or snowy and then gets some stripes in it. Totally unplayable. Have to control\alt\del to get out. Disappointing. They both look like the kind of games I enjoy playing. Oh well, there are others.

I have this problem on my XP Desktop - It's the Graphics Card/Chip or whatever that maybe can't handle the games. Have you done and sent in a Dr Felix report to Technical Support. They are very good and will tell you what the problem is (if they can)

Edited on 07/02/2011 at 12:15:04 PM PST

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jul 3, 11 1:25 AM
I've bought the game with the 4th July coupon code. I have clicked 'Install Game Now' button in the receipt just like with every other game I've bought, but this time it failed to install. Tried it several times, got 'The installer could not write files to the Game Directory location you have chosen on drive C: (769-1001)' each time.

I googled and in a thread for another game here I found this advice:

bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey annford,

It may help to run the Game Manager as administrator and to uninstall and reinstall the game from your Purchase History. For more help with this, take a look at this help article:

769 Error

When installing the game, if given the option to 'Save' the installer, choose that instead of running it. Then after the file has been downloaded (you can save it to your desktop for convenience), right-click and choose the option to 'Run as Administrator' and this will automatically prompt the download.

I have followed the above advice as well - twice - (and it doesn't prompt for download, it simply does it) and now I simply get 'Installation failed' each time.

Anyone have any other ideas?

PS I have a 3 month old computer running W7, and all other games have downloaded with no problem, so I don't need to update drivers

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 3, 11 2:22 AM
bought the game as was anticipating it to arrive and was in a 'crazed' manner .... have LC 1...demo'ed this one so waited for SE....bought with game credit...had the install problem first time...uninstalled...and...so waited a couple days...was difficult ...did a 'clean up' on puter, the ones that i know how to do...then tonite installed it, played thru to getting to the generator...the an 'directx' error!...i have the latest version of this, so i went and tested it...found no problems...needless to say, luv the game..will give it another try when less flustrated!....if not will go with the dr.felix fix...

calculady
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by calculady on Jul 3, 11 7:36 AM
i can't pick up the roses

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Jul 3, 11 10:20 AM
Got to the cards & masks game and one card embedded itself into a mask and I can't move it to the box. No reset button so I'm stuck. I may have to Skip the game to move on. Any ideas?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 3, 11 1:49 PM
Kamali wrote:I have followed the above advice as well - twice - (and it doesn't prompt for download, it simply does it) and now I simply get 'Installation failed' each time.

Anyone have any other ideas?

PS I have a 3 month old computer running W7, and all other games have downloaded with no problem, so I don't need to update drivers

Hi Kamali!

If you're still having some troubles, I'd encourage you to get in touch with our Technical Support team for further assistance. You can contact them by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 3, 11 5:33 PM
Yep, I was scrolling down to leave a message for Kamali much like the one above. That's the place to go for tech help. I imagine you'll have to wait until Tuesday to get thru on "live chat" or before a message will be picked up. Good luck.

stagriff
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by stagriff on Jul 3, 11 7:55 PM
ritchieprod wrote:Got to the cards & masks game and one card embedded itself into a mask and I can't move it to the box. No reset button so I'm stuck. I may have to Skip the game to move on. Any ideas?

I am having this same issue where the card is embedded in the black mask. Had to skip the game, unfortunately. Hope BFG will look into this issue for others.

loudlife
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by loudlife on Jul 4, 11 12:49 AM
I'm having the same problem with the card game - good/evil cards - as several other people. I have a card stuck in the black mask. I have to say, I am disappointed that this problem was reported with the Collector's Edition and yet was not fixed for the Standard Edition release.

Does anyone even read these technical issue threads?

And please, DO NOT tell me to go to the "Help" section. That advice (in the "help" section) never makes any difference whatsoever and it's just annoying to be told that when it is always a pointless endeavor.

[Post New]by Rochelle9 on Jul 5, 11 8:36 PM
Is anyone having problems with garden shears in the shrubs to get the lever? Can't cut the shrubs. Should I be placing the shears in a particular place? Please help.

[Post New]by biledemon on Jul 6, 11 12:53 PM
Rochelle9 wrote:Is anyone having problems with garden shears in the shrubs to get the lever? Can't cut the shrubs. Should I be placing the shears in a particular place? Please help.
i have a similar problem but i can cut the shrubs but there is no lever there, the shrubs only cut once help please

[Post New]by biledemon on Jul 6, 11 12:54 PM
i have cut the shrubs but there is no lever there any help please

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 6, 11 3:23 PM
Hey fishies,

If you’re having troubles collecting the lever in the shrubs near the witch's house, there’s a good chance that you're playing with an unofficial copy of the game, as this particular issue is caused by a progression blocker that detects the game was not purchased from Big Fish Games or a licensed affiliate.

To make sure that you're playing an official copy of Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose, please uninstall this game from your computer and then reinstall it through your Purchase History.

Here’s the link to a help article with more info:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you've done this and continue having troubles, please feel free to contact Customer Support for further assistance by clicking on the green at the top-right of the page.

-bfgHondo

himura
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by himura on Jul 6, 11 9:53 PM
About the paper in the fireplace.
I used TONGS on the paper, but I can't get it and TONGS disappeared from inventory.
So I'm stuck...

Reinstall and OS reboot is nothing.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 9, 11 6:00 AM
Well.....second game to be a problem...I've downloaded a lot of games and for some reason, I am now running into problems. Games or me??? This game didn't give me the sundisk after completing the mini game switching the plates around to make the message. Therefore, I am unable to go any further with the game. VERY frustrating. Just like getting stuck in Tales from Dragon Mountain where I got as far as the parchment and the game just keeping sending me back to the start screen. This is getting expensive and disappointing. No success in unloading and reloading either.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Jul 11, 11 6:05 PM
I got to almost the end and then I cant see anything. There is no picture so I had to use the mouse to see what I needed to do. This was no fun so I deleted it. I hate when I cant finish a game.

re733
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by re733 on Jul 16, 11 3:27 PM
Got to the organ, played the music, found the mirror and recorder. PLaced mirror on organ, game refuses to go any firther. I can move around the room, go to the hall, but the music will not play and I lost my book with my history also. So now I can't leave the music room because I can't get my reverse music, my recorder back, nor can I check out what I still need to do or what I have already done.

Aliea
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Aliea on Jul 16, 11 8:42 PM
The problem I am having is that the screen is totally black. I can move the mouse around and see it change to show that I need to interact with something but that is it. I even tried it through the toutrial, sorry I don't think I spelled that right. As soon as it would end the screen would go completely black. The same thing happened with the collectors edition. I have never had I problem like this before, and I was totally looking forward to playing the game.

Go to: