Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 Glitch

[Post New]by shaye_kers on Dec 11, 09 2:16 AM
Hey, I've gotten pretty far in the game. But now I'm getting a message that says "premature end of the file". Every time I want to "continue the quest", it'll say "premature end of the file" and completely close out the game. What's wrong?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 forum

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 14, 09 2:25 AM
Maybe if you are still on the demo all the files aren't downloaded til you get the full version? That happens sometimes for choosing Options on some demos I've played. Doesn't sound like you got the full, maybe uninstall and progress may be saved.

I just got 2 levels done on Quest because I wanted to also try out Classic and Unlimited in my demo time. I was not able to select a different tileset on either, and no explanation if you have to achieve that feature. I prefer traditional familiar tiles to start, the customs really slow me down learning them.

Then I noticed a timer and thought forget it, I only play mahjong when I want to relax, not that pressure. Glad I kept playing because I then saw the clock is ticking up, not down, so I guess just to keep score i.e.how long it took to play. I don't' play for scores, so that is a plus. I mean, same layout may take me 10 minutes with familiar tiles, and an hour training my eyes to spot odd custom ones.

All in all, beautiful game if more options open after just a demo. I can use a new mahjong game since my oldest two favs won't run on XP or Vista, so I'd like this to be my replacement. Lots of layouts if they can be accessed. I only tried this one on pc with XP, haven't loaded on vista laptop yet.

Oh, after seeing if Quest and Classic ran ok, I tried Unlimited. Looked boggling with their tiles at first, hard on the eyes. But used the feature to highlight available tiles to narrow the field, not all playable of course so not really hints. Was fun til hour was up. Now if only I could change tilesets it's a go.

There is a No More Plays but no option except reshuffle, but when only one tile let covering it's mate I hit Undo 3 or 4 times but wasn't going to solve anything so I gave up and went to another, the unlimited.

Anybody know if you can change tilesets on the full version at start? I couldn't see where to turn off tutorial either. Then got no tutorial on Classic when I really needed to know what the special tiles do, powerups.

Only because it is a DD, don't think I'd give a game credit for it with the unknowns, but could use it for Dec punchcard.

[Post New]by methodistgirl on Feb 20, 10 6:30 PM
How do I get this game free. I did own this game and now I have a new
computer and no game. I bought it at another game company and
I don't have it anymore. It would be nice to play it on this new windows7
that I just purchased. Can you help?
methodistgirl

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 13, 10 11:38 AM
I really enjoyed this game.

When I played the demo I played the quest version of it and liked the fact it is broken up with a story, then every new country has a set of tiles which I liked too.

Overall a nice game with as far as I could see no faults.

This one is now on my shortlist especially as both me and my partner can play this.

Does any one know how many levels there are though??

AnnaDark
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDark on Mar 15, 10 8:33 AM
There are 5 settings - Japan, Tibet, India, Europe and Astral. Each of them consists of 5 levels.

[Post New]by annaisa on May 3, 10 12:52 PM
I believe I've completed all levels in "Quest" mode, but even though I completed the Astral 5 level, it doesn't give me an artifact when I complete it, and it just starts Astral 5 over again when I hit continue... Is this the end of the Quest mode or is something supposed to happen there? I have the paid version.

Also, there is an artifact that you can only get if you match only identical tiles. However, as I start matching only identical tiles, in the end there are no identical tiles left to finish the level. I'm always left with two different season tiles, for example, or two different flowers. They will match up, but they are not identical, so I don't get the artifact. Help?

[Post New]by racewaydiva43 on May 31, 12 10:11 AM
I tried this one after playing the original Mahjong Artifacts and I loved how the quest continues but have serious issues with the new method of shuffling when it comes to the Endless level!! No matter How many times I try to complete it, I get to around level 40 and the number of those little green pearls get So few that I can't get any more for shuffles and there are no more moves!

Developers, if you are listening out there, Please update this so we can do more with shuffling, maybe bring back the Mighty Tile and/or other match-type kinds of shuffles we could use when we get Really stuck! Then the Endless level will mean something Besides Restarting endlessly, it is very frustrating to have a game I can only complete Part way. The original Mahjong Artifacts was So Great, Please help with its sequal!

Edited on 05/31/2012 at 10:12:40 AM PST

[Post New]by breeann55 on Sep 11, 13 11:04 PM
I WAS AT THE END OF THE GAME WHEN A LOCK WAS PUT ON IT NOW ILL NEVER NOW HOW TO GET THROUGH ENDLES I DID QUEST LOTS OF HOURS PUT I GOT PRETY GOOD THEN I PLAY CLASSIC THERE A 99 LAYOUTS AND SOME TOOK HOURS AND IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING NO ONE KNOWS WHERE OR HOW TO GET RID OF THAT STUPID KEY CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF AND HOW THEY GOT THROUGH ENDLESS THANKS

[Post New]by breeann55 on Sep 11, 13 11:08 PM
THANKS RACEWAY DIVA FOR THE INFO AT THE LEAST I KNOW THERE IS NO END TO ENDLESS

Go to: