bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

NEW Build for Dracula Origin - 12/30/08

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Dec 30, 08 11:09 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd pop in and let you all know that we just published a new version of Dracula Origin today at Big Fish Games. This new build includes the latest PhysX installer, which may help for those of you who experienced installation issues. Keep in mind that the installation of a new build of a particular game could cause you to lose your previous progress through the game; backing up your save files is recommend. If you need further assistance in obtaining a new build of a game, please refer to our help topic entitled Uninstall / Reinstall a Game.

If you continue to have any other technical problems, then I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:NEW Build for Dracula Origin - 12/30/08

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 30, 08 11:39 AM
Thanks bfgAegean! This will make a lot of players happy that were experiencing difficulties.

JoyFTaylor
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by JoyFTaylor on Dec 30, 08 12:13 PM
I've downloaded it a couple of times today and I get an error during the installation process. How do I get the new build?

[Post New]by abelroby on Dec 31, 08 2:29 AM
mine wont download the ageia physx... it keeps saying it ended prematurely due to an error???

JoyFTaylor
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by JoyFTaylor on Dec 31, 08 11:06 AM
Well, me and Dracula are going to be going a round shortly. Going to leave him fangless. I am downloading for the fifth time. I am supposing I automatically have this new build that was mentioned. The download is taking SO SO SO long. RTR didn't take but a fraction of this time to download and install. The install is taking as long as the download so the time doubles.

I am guessing I don't have the right build and it's going screwy on me, but until I figure out how to get it, I shall try try again.

There seems to be something I'm missing. How does one get the new build of the game? I am running XP. Mine says that as well abelroby. WEhen the installation process is at 99% I have some boxes to accept and then I get the ageia physx then an error.

[Post New]by katsgg on Dec 31, 08 1:31 PM
I sure hope the new build works and that it is what I have downloading right now. I have been trying since 12/20/08 to get this game to play on my Vista system with no success. I have tried all the methods mentioned previously of going to the Nvidia and Dracula Origin websites for their download of the needed .dll file and after multiple tries the end result is always the same... an error message saying " installation ended prematurely because of an error" a message that gives no help whatsoever. Tried downloading with my antivirus program shut down, tried cleaning out my temp files, and everything else I could find always to end up with the same result...still can't play the game. I love the big file games and have the Nancy Drews and many others and never had this problem, nor the lengthly timeframe for downloading any of them before this.
I also tried twice to get online help and after waiting in the queue from 52nd to 21st it kicked me out saying the session had been closed, I went back in...got all the way down to 1st in line before it once again kicked me out. Can't get the email help form to work either...needless to say my patience has pretty much reached its end. I will give it a few more tries since there is a new build available and I absolutely hate not being able to get this to work right but, in the event it still doesn't work, would the BigFish folks consider letting those of us who are unable to ever get this game to work be allowed to exchange it for another?

[Post New]by katsgg on Dec 31, 08 1:50 PM
Well my first try crashed and burned with the same error message as I got every other time. I am hoping that since I actually started the download on 12/30 that maybe it was prior to the new build so, once again and unistalling and going to give it another try since I should now definitely have the new build file. Keeping my fingers crossed! Here we go again!!

JoyFTaylor
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by JoyFTaylor on Dec 31, 08 3:47 PM
Well, it failed again. I clicked the trashcan to uninstall and got a mesage that it did not uninstall all of the game, although it does not show now in my progress tab. Now I am leary of downloading it again, afraid whatever did not uninstall will still be lurking around.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Dec 31, 08 9:30 PM
JoyFTaylor wrote:Well, it failed again. I clicked the trashcan to uninstall and got a mesage that it did not uninstall all of the game, although it does not show now in my progress tab. Now I am leary of downloading it again, afraid whatever did not uninstall will still be lurking around.

Could it make a difference if you use your computer software to uninstall/change a program? I always do that since I'm afraid that if I use the BF trash can some lingering bits'n'pieces may still remain.

Minxs

Edited on 12/31/2008 at 9:30:25 PM PST

[Post New]by katsgg on Jan 1, 09 12:42 AM
Thanks, but I finally got it to work. I went back to some other suggestions referring to installing a demo version of the game. BigFish Games does NOT have a demo version but the Dracula Origin website DOES. I installed the demo and added all the additional files it requested during the download and after doing so, the demo came up and played perfectly. So I played the demo for a few minutes, then went to my full version from BigFish and, lo and behold, without any further installations or files, the full version from BFG now plays! After days of frustration I can finally play the game! Someone previously had mentioned using the demo to get the game to play but I didn't know where to find it because I was just using the BFG site. So, if anyone else out there is still having problems, try going to the Dracula Origin website at www.dracula-origin.com and locating the demo version to install then hopefully your problems will be solved too! PS. I already had the BFG full game on my computer it just would not work until I got all the files from the demo at the Dracula Origin website.

MAMA199
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MAMA199 on Jan 1, 09 2:56 PM
Thank you Katsgg, for your suggestion of downloading the demo from the "focus" site. I did this and have had no problem in downloading and installing the game from BFG. Hey BFG, you might want to look into Kat being one of your beta testers. Thanks again Kat, you made this much less frustrating, and BFG is not having a customer looking for a refund.

Lysheri
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Lysheri on Jan 1, 09 6:52 PM
Help I am on the map in Mai's and can not move to the next . I have drawn the lines on the map but it does not give me any thing else.
Lysheri

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 2, 09 6:25 AM
Lysheri wrote:Help I am on the map in Mai's and can not move to the next . I have drawn the lines on the map but it does not give me any thing else.
Lysheri

Click on the location where the 4 lines intersect.

[Post New]by abelroby on Jan 2, 09 10:34 PM
i am very very happy to say that downloading the demo version from the dracula-origin website successfully made my bfg work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by tmarielbs on Jan 3, 09 11:30 AM
Happy New Year everyone. I am new to posting, but have been watchin ya'll throughout my game playing at BFG. I am addicted to these HO games and enjoyed RTR and AC's Evil so much I had to get this game. But, when I am picking up things, like the veil and the hand rake as well as the flies, they are not going into my items bag. Can someone tell me what I have done wrong? Did I not pick up something in Van Helsing's home perhaps that I should have? Thanks!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 4, 09 12:18 PM
tmarielbs wrote:Happy New Year everyone. I am new to posting, but have been watchin ya'll throughout my game playing at BFG. I am addicted to these HO games and enjoyed RTR and AC's Evil so much I had to get this game. But, when I am picking up things, like the veil and the hand rake as well as the flies, they are not going into my items bag. Can someone tell me what I have done wrong? Did I not pick up something in Van Helsing's home perhaps that I should have? Thanks!

Hi Tmarielbs- welcome to the forums!

Double check in your inventory- make sure to scroll through all the possible levels. If they are still no there, you may need to contact tech support.

johnniewhiskey
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by johnniewhiskey on Jan 4, 09 2:31 PM
I get an error message when I try to load the demo too. It's something about installwizard..

Any suggestions?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 7, 09 2:29 PM
johnniewhiskey wrote:I get an error message when I try to load the demo too. It's something about installwizard..

Any suggestions?

Sorry you are having trouble. I would check out the help section here- there are all kinds of tips and tricks to help. If that soes not work, ou may want to contact tech support

magistus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by magistus on Jan 7, 09 6:36 PM
well.... so much for the rebuild.. I just purchased and downloaded this game today and guess what... installation error. I'll give it one more go then try that demo trick.. Not impressed, it took forever to download and now I have to do it again....

babyowl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by babyowl on Jan 9, 09 4:54 PM
Well, I can't get D.O. to download the first time and I've tried 6 times so far. It tells me the download either has failed OR download was interrupted and when I click to continue....it starts all over again.

I almost didn't purchase the game...now wish I hadn't.

Go to: