folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

I can't get out of the bloody maze!

[Post New]by folkdance on Jul 3, 11 5:33 PM
Tips/hints keep telling me to "go northeast," go north," blah blah blah except I can never figure out how to go where they say. First of all, which way is north - do I just assume it's "up?" Am I supposed to pick one of those moving arrows and follow it? I've tried that but always end up back in the place I started. Might help if I could see the whole maze, but no, can only see a piece of it, and I am using the walk through A LOT.

Help, I don't have any 5th graders in my family!!

Thanks for ANY assistance.

steve_t
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:I can't get out of the bloody maze!

[Post New]by steve_t on Jul 3, 11 10:23 PM
After several hours of frustration I printed out that section of the walkthrough and followed it step by step (and it was still bloody hard!). Probably would have taken several days otherwise, as the direction given by the hints are definitely wrong.
Whoever designed this part of the game has a strange sense of humour!

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 4, 11 12:46 AM
I have finished the game and loved it. How to conquer the maze is one of those things where you stumble upon things by a fluke. I stuck at it for hours and finally found the `gears` and lit all the beams, but to explain how ............I just kept clicking the arrows, I wouldn`t take any notice of the hints about going south or north, they don`t help at all as you don`t know exactly know which way you are going anyway.

So sorry I can`t be of more help.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 4, 11 12:56 AM
Hi there,
I too despaired of never "solving" the maze, but managed to conquer it on my second try when I returned the next day with a fresher mind (and eyes).
I have no simple solution for you but a few tips.
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT
Find the missing levers in the scenes with the lights and replace them immediately.
Try to get to all of the dark corners etc and zoom in on as much as you can to find the gears etc.
Make sure you "scan" all of the available areas before you move to see if the "look" icon appears.
Keep a "note" of how you got to the "other" side of the gazebo when you have all of the gears - this is the "exit" from the scene.
Be patient, you will get there eventually.
Cheers

Edited on 07/04/2011 at 12:58:17 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 4, 11 6:47 AM
I had no problems with the maze. I click on any arrow that I see. And finaly I was out the maze.

Use the tip from DragonladyOz!

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Jul 4, 11 8:50 AM
I made it! Thank you all for the help - you're amazing!

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jul 4, 11 3:55 PM
Well, this is the fourth time I have tried this, starting with last night. I have found two of the levers and used them, plus the stair lever and used it last night. Also found dossiers 17 and 18. I have found only two gears. And I do have the gazebo disk. I can now only go up and down the ladder I found, and to the two mirrors, or to where I started the maze. By following arrows, I just keep going back and forth to these places. I'm ready to contact CS tomorrow and ask for a refund. They shouldn't make such a complicated maze to get through---without a skip button.

ETA I can get to that ladder thing, the one that I guess you have to use all five gears to open. And I have used the zoom to look closely at the places I can get to.

Edited on 07/04/2011 at 3:58:12 PM PST

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 4, 11 5:25 PM
I did it!! Thank again to you all on the forum. I just kept pressing the arrow until I got all the gears and moved on. A great game I might add. Don't give up trust your fellow forum messengers, Aloha

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jul 5, 11 2:43 PM
I finally did it too! I have no idea how, and have to remember not to ever replay this game! I didn't use the walkthrough, it was too confusing, so thanks for all the tips I found here! Now, I just have to find the stairs on the gazebo?

ETA--Well, I guess I'm not done with the maze. And I'm pretty much back to square one--so gave up again.

Edited on 07/05/2011 at 2:57:31 PM PST

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jul 7, 11 6:51 PM
****Drum roll**** I finally made it through the maze--and finished the game! So any of you that gave up, try, try, again--and you can make it also!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 7:04 PM
Oh well done RaceCat3 - and the others of you who also managed to pass this trial with persistence!! LOL
Cheers

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by judithd on Jul 8, 11 4:19 PM
I finally did get out after much frustration. The way I did it was print out a copy of the complete maze, then match up the partial paths on the screen to where I was on the paper maze. That way I was able to see where I had and hadn't been.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 19, 11 2:18 AM
It really helped me when I finally went to the walkthru, and could see that gears were in all 4 corners of the maze. I had missed one, because it looked like the one corner was a dead end. I think by the time I finished, I actually knew my way around the place!

[Post New]by keokuk on Jul 23, 11 4:54 PM
I cant either. I found all the gears and went up the ladder, put the gaget into the hole, the pillar rose but guess what,no stairs to go down as shown in walkthrough. Now I dont know what to do !
well I went back to find out I missed the third mirror and got through it all. Must say I was disappointed with the game.

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 5:51:56 PM PST

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Here is how I worked the maze

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jul 23, 11 5:57 PM
I agree, the maze was very difficult to conquer!!! After about an hour of trying to figure out the maze using the step by step instruction, which I could not figure out, I scrapped that idea.

I went to options and took the game off full screen. Next I moved the game as far to the right as I could (some of the game went off the screen and that was ok. All I needed on the screen was the maze).

Next I took the Walkthrough and shaped it to the way I wanted it. The width was no wider than the actual WT. The height was all the way top to bottom.

Now line up the game with the WT right next to each other where you can see both screens at the same time. This makes it much easier to look at the game and refer to the map at the same time.

Now I concentrated ONLY on the main map of the maze and went from there. As I went thru the maze, I would look at the game screen and see where I was in relation to the gazebo. From there, I would look at the WT map to figure out exactly where I was.

From here it was a long tedious process of making one move in the game and then finding where I was on the WT map. Each and every step was compared to the WT map and no moves were made until I saw exactly where I was.

A few times, I would go back and forth on a ladder just to see exactly where it was taking me, then I would go thru 2 ladders at a time and compare where I was on the WT map.

For me, this was the only way I could keep track of where I was vs. where I wanted to be.

To find a specific area, I did the same thing sort of in reverse, taking it one step at a time until I got to the location I needed to be.

The key was always knowing where you were in the maze by keeping a close eye on the maze and on the WT map. If I got lost, I worked myself back to the starting point and would start out again from there.

To work the bottom part of the maze, I went to the right from start.

To work the top part of the maze, I went back to start, then traveled up.

If you get lost, do not roam around. Stop and locate where you are on the WT map using the gazebo to position yourself. Then refer to the WT map to re-orientate yourself.

Once you have all the gears, work yourself to the back of the gazebo in the upper part of the game. Place the gears in the circle. Do not recall if I had to click on the gears again or not. Go down the ladder and once you do that, you come up on the other side of the gazebo where the ladder is ready to climb

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 6:05:14 PM PST

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Jul 24, 11 2:07 PM
Ok,I have been at this maze for hours and you can get frustrated very easily. It has three arrows moving at the same time. Does it matter which arrow to follow. Also, it moves very, very slowly. Is it suppose to move so slow? It seems the gears are in specific areas and not in the direct maze. Is this correct? I mean It seems you must really magnify the areas, not sure.If you can give pointers, great, I mainly need to know about the speed and following the arrows. If you go north, by pointer, you go south instead, but I get turned around. Help

Go to: