VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Recover the Drill

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Dec 30, 08 12:28 PM
I have been wandering around for hours trying to find the workshop that contains the drill bit and the wagon train that is delivering the engine. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re:Recover the Drill

[Post New]by boogiesbabies on Dec 30, 08 12:39 PM
Going through the maze takes both of you. I did it by opening the second set of doors, you have to step on both of the pressure plates and it opens the side door, then you step on that plate and it opens the door in front of you, and then placing the other person on the one right inside the third set of doors, the first being the ones being opened by the towns people. After going through the third set of doors, you send one person through the open door and the other person has to go back to the second set of doors to work the three pressure plates there. I was then able to open the forth set of doors the same way by going back and forth. I then went to the final set of doors and did the same thing. Hope this helps.

VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Dec 30, 08 12:43 PM
Thank you, but now I feel like a bigger DUH! I do not know where the maze is that you're speaking of. Is it up near the scarecrow? There is a door in the ground, but when I blew up the rock above (to open the gate), a rock fell on the door and I cannot get it off. Or am I in totally the wrong place? Thank you again for your help!!

[Post New]by boogiesbabies on Dec 30, 08 12:56 PM
Did you speak with the guy first and did he give you two options, the first one was the wagon train, where you have to keep the fires burning and the second one was for the drill bit, where you go through the maze?

VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Dec 30, 08 12:58 PM
OMG! Maybe it's time to take a break - lol. I did talk to the guy, but I didn't pick one of the options! I thought he was just reiterating what i had to do. Thank you so much. Happy New Year!

Recover the Drill

[Post New]by bluegrassgirl on Dec 30, 08 2:16 PM
VickyS82 wrote:I have been wandering around for hours trying to find the workshop that contains the drill bit and the wagon train that is delivering the engine. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Can I please ask how did you get past the part when you walk into the mechanics town and you have to defend the town and repair all the buildings at the same time? I keep trying to repair and the bandits just won't stop coming and they keep destroying all the buildings. Is there something I can do to stop them from coming every 2 minutes? I've had no problems whatsoever until now and I'm going nuts! HELP!!! (slowly losing it!! LOL!)

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Dec 30, 08 3:57 PM
For most of these challenges, the best help is to have a lot of gunslingers and/or lawmen. I can't remember if this is one of those challenges, as I've been playing straight for about two days.

I'm stuck in the Town Treasury challenge where you have to help the citizens in order to get votes for Mayor and run against McCallister. Sounds like I'm a bit farther than most on the forum, but if there's anyone out there who can help me figure out how to solve "Find out who's stealing the money", I'd be so happy!

VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Recover the Drill

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Dec 30, 08 8:05 PM
Can I please ask how did you get past the part when you walk into the mechanics town and you have to defend the town and repair all the buildings at the same time? I keep trying to repair and the bandits just won't stop coming and they keep destroying all the buildings. Is there something I can do to stop them from coming every 2 minutes? I've had no problems whatsoever until now and I'm going nuts! HELP!!! (slowly losing it!! LOL!)

LadyBlue is correct: Bring as many guns as you can with you. Post about 4-5 in front of the stores, and another 3-4 behind them, where the tents and lumber camp is. You will still need to check the attack areas, as not all the gunslingers/deputies will jump into the gunfight. You will likely lose several people, but you shouldn't have too much trouble completing the task. Have your workers fix the farm and lumber camp first to start getting resources, and then fix up the buildings. I went from cheapest to fix to most expensive. Be sure to fix ALL structures.... including those behind the stores. I went around collecting loose gold and lumber BEFORE I talked to the townspeople. The bandits don't attack until you talk to the residents and then actually start the quest. Hope that helps!

Edited on 12/30/2008 at 8:16:04 PM PST

VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Dec 30, 08 8:28 PM
I'm stuck in the Town Treasury challenge where you have to help the citizens in order to get votes for Mayor and run against McCallister. Sounds like I'm a bit farther than most on the forum, but if there's anyone out there who can help me figure out how to solve "Find out who's stealing the money", I'd be so happy!

Hi LadyBlue: I sent you a PM on this one.

[Post New]by bluegrassgirl on Dec 31, 08 11:07 AM
Thanks so much LadyBlue and Vicky! I'll do that! But where do I find all those gunslingers/lawmen? And how much gold do I need to hire them?

Edited on 12/31/2008 at 11:08:17 AM PST

[Post New]by stardust9352002 on Jan 1, 09 11:22 PM
I don't know if you've figured this part out or not yet, or if anyone answered it for you.. but this may help?

In your town, you should of built a saloon for the gold miner in the river and for the 3 gunslingers you brought back with you from the tutorial part earlier on. Build a saloon. Then when you click on the saloon, in the lower right corner of the screen it'll show a picture of the saloon. If it has upgrades (like the saw mill has one for the lumber to make the buildings sturdier, but in order to purchase that upgrade it costs experience points and lumber) well there will be a picture of 3 gungslingers just to the left of the saloon picture. Each gunslinger costs 100 gold, I believe? don't quote me.. Deputies cost 120 gold. You can get up to like 3 more gunslingers for a total of 6. Then if you do the tasks when you build a sheriff's office, you get like 3 deputies..so when you do the mechanic quest you should have a total of 11 in your party, including your hero.

Hope that helps explain things!

[Post New]by Sumwun on Jan 17, 09 6:51 PM
I guess everyone does things differently so I thought I would put my method of defending and repairing the town here as another option for those trying.
I actually messed up the first time when the bandits destroyed the bank and I had to build another one but didn't have enough experience points to 'learn' it.I then started again and this is how I did it.
I made sure I had as many gunslingers as possible and so ended up going with 5(I Think),maybe 6? You can buy the gunslingers in your saloon(make sure someone is employed there) with 1 type costing 100 and the other costing 150.If any die and you really want more,you can employ someone in the saloon of the town you are repairing.
When I got to the town,I had 2 unemployed ready to go so sent one to work in the lumber camp and the other in the farm.I then built a log cabin and got 2 more workers inwhich I sent 1 to work in the gold mine and the other in the lumber camp.I fixed the bank so I didn't have the same problem the first time and then built another log cabin sending one civilian to work in the gold mine and 1 on the farm.I walked around and collected any gold and wood whenever I found myself short and also found I needed to get some food.(While wandering around,don't forget to grab the gun upgrade in the small camp in the south west corner(bottom left). I just repaired the buildings as I went and did it quite easily the second time.
Hope that helps anyone.

Edited on 01/17/2009 at 6:57:24 PM PST

[Post New]by PAINTERPAM on Jan 19, 09 3:29 PM
Help please!!!!!!!!!! I am stuck in the Town Treasury challenge. I have done everything it has asked for, everyone in town is happy, healthy and rich but I still don't know how to find out who is stealing the town's money. Someone please tell me what I have to do.

julie03904
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by julie03904 on Jan 19, 09 3:44 PM
Fire the mayor, and be persistent about it.

[Post New]by Sumwun on Jan 19, 09 3:45 PM
You just need to attack or right click on the mayor with your hero.Can't remember exactly and from memory,you need to do it twice.

[Post New]by jas1985 on Feb 3, 09 9:27 PM
still need help because when you open the side door u only have one switch to step on and when that happens the door in front of u opens but nothing else happens i am so totally stuck

Go to: