Wont let me get saw out of garbage can

[Post New]by GreenDragonfly on Jul 4, 11 3:46 PM
I really liked this game. It was a little jerky and slow at the balcony, but then I switched to standard cursor, and seemed to work better. However, got to the rooftop garden, was trying to build a ladder to get on top of the gazebo thing. I got the wood from the floorboards and it says i need to cut one of the boards and suggested i look in the garbage can for something to cut with. So i went to the garbage can, clicked on it to inspect the inside, it opened up a little window with a view of the inside. Then all of a sudden, the window ring disappeared, the view of the garbage can was still up but it wouldn't let me pick up the saw. I cant go any further until i cut that board, i cant cut the board because i cant get the saw. I have tried closing the game and restarting. I have tried restarting with a new profile. Each time I get to the same spot, and get stuck. PLEASE HELP

Re:Wont let me get saw out of garbage can

[Post New]by lindakathy on Jul 4, 11 5:25 PM
Same think happened here. sigh.

ausbill
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by ausbill on Jul 4, 11 10:07 PM
the same thing has happened to me.i was enjoying the game up till then.
we have had a couple of problems lately.the disappearing sabre in
nightmare realm was just last week.i hope these problems dont persist
with our games.at least i now know its not my computer.

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Jul 5, 11 4:33 PM
I, too, have the zoomed view of the garbage can with the saw enticing me to pick it up, but I am not able to perform that simple task! I was able to overcome a few other glitches in the game by reading the comments; but, alas, there is no remedy for this one yet. Help!!!

slyeyes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by slyeyes on Jul 6, 11 9:44 PM
yep me too stuck at the garbage can . ggrrrrrrr

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Jul 6, 11 11:16 PM
I restarted under a different profile, and I was able to get the saw once the tip stated to look in the garbage can. I had already gotten the boards, the nail and the hammer. I know I didn't go near that garbage can until the tip stated to do that. Hope this helps. Apparently we can't look at items BEFORE the tips tell us to do so.
After that, I was able to finish the game without any problems.

ausbill
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by ausbill on Jul 8, 11 9:49 PM
i did what jellyfish suggested and replayed the game,waited till
the tip said to look in the garbage but the same thing happened.
the saw is in the bin and im stuck out here. what a pest, i was
really enjoying the game.i have wasted forty bucks this week
with two ce,s and now this.not happy.

Go to: