Please Help.........

[Post New]by shewolf26836 on Dec 30, 08 1:36 PM
I tryed this game when it first came out, could not play it, so I waited untill now, downloaded it and STILL have the same messege-(Casebook Episode 1 reguires a graphics card that support DirectX 9.0or above and Shader Model 2.0. I have DirectX 9.0, but don't know nothing about Shader Model 2.0....Can any one help me????????

TSM5960
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Please Help.........

[Post New]by TSM5960 on Jan 6, 09 3:25 AM
Have same promblem. SURE HOPE WE GET SOME HELP. good luck.

[Post New]by dadrywalldiva on Jan 6, 09 4:19 PM
mine keeps shutting down. If you find out anything please let me know!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 6, 09 6:39 PM
I had that exact same problem with this game the first time I tried it. I researched the video card I was using at the time and found out that, although it said it supported DirectX 9, it did not FULLY support DirectX 9.0c. I then did some more research to find out what video card would fully support DirectX 9.0c and Shader 2 and also work with my several-years-old motherboard. I found an ATI X1300 for about $40 and installed it after updating my motherboard BIOS via a flash update. Casebook now works fine with the new card, though I haven't gotten very far into it yet. If this is the error message you are getting, you will more than likely have to upgrade your video card to play this game and a few of the newer ones that have come out lately. If you are using the video integrated with your motherboard that came with your system, you most likely will not be able to play Casebook and a few of the newer ones until you get a video card that can handle the graphics. I also had the black screen when I first tried to play before getting the new card.

This is not an issue with a glitch in the game itself. It is a result of trying to run a game on a system that just can't handle the more advanced graphics required by the game. If you have less than 1GB RAM, you might want to consider adding some memory as well for these newer and larger games.

HTH!

Go to: