NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Problem using Mop

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 4, 11 5:04 PM
I can't get the mop to work so am prevented from moving on. It keeps flipping back into the inventory. Any ideas?

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Problem using Mop

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 4, 11 5:23 PM
Sometimes the items will not work but by holding the item until you see the white sparkles and then releasing item, it will work. also, did you try to go upstairs first? You have to try and go upstairs and the ghost appears because after the mess is cleaned up, the ghost gives you a key.

[Post New]by kerrrawls on Jul 6, 11 8:20 AM
I have tried and tried to just hold the mop over the stain and it just keeps flying back to inventory-any more ideas-anyone?

dlindab
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dlindab on Jul 10, 11 12:07 PM
Don't know if this will help; hope so. Instead of pointing at the spot with the broom, point at it with the cursor. The broom will then sweep the spot on its own.

[Post New]by rkelly703 on Jul 21, 11 7:53 PM
I too am stuck on the mop. I find this very discouraging as I cannot progress any further. I have tried all of the suggestions and still have no success. I paid full price for this game and at this point I am feeling distressed!

garlin75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by garlin75 on Oct 23, 11 10:29 AM
Here are the responses I got from tech support that helped make it work.

Make sure the Mop is ready to be used by holding the item until you see the white sparkles and then releasing item, it will work. Also you will want to try and go upstairs first. After the ghost appears and gives you the key, you can use the mop.

Try mopping a little bit lower. You want to make those sparkles show up, just like when a key fits anywhere else. Also, hold your finger on the mouse, and do not let go of it.
It worked for me right away but I am not sure which worked. I think I went lower in the scene, almost in the inventory.

It is a shame that developers make the tools so tricky. This game is especially "sticky". I click everywhere to make something work and it takes so many tries. They need to fix this.

MOP .

[Post New]by debbie124 on Jan 25, 12 8:17 AM
NULL wrote:I can't get the mop to work so am prevented from moving on. It keeps flipping back into the inventory. Any ideas?
I have tried all these tips for the mop, but none of them work. How do I get past this point in the game. Very discouraged.

[Post New]by ThomasClare on Mar 10, 12 1:09 PM
Dreaded MOP! Tried every tip on the Blog. Why can't this series (which is basically very good literary mystery) work as well --- technically-- as the Phantom of the Opera? Anyone with additional tips re: MOP not mopping, just flopping back into the inventory--- let me know via blog please please please.
Thomas Clare

Go to: