bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Path To Success technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 6, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 5:18:48 PM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post any Path To Success technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 6, 11 2:11 AM
The players are thinking they are stuck at the second "goal" because they can't buy a sofa based on the pictograms in the furniture store tab. Actually, the sofas are in the "footstool" tab and the footstools are in the "sofa" tab.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 6, 11 2:56 AM
The game got stuck twice and would not advance when I ran out of day hours but I was in front of the "cheap housing".
The game would not allow me to go in and sleep for the night. Just stopped. I created a new avatar and started all over again once - but after the second time it happened, I believe I'll just ask for a refund.

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 4:25:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Silkswift on Jul 6, 11 5:09 AM
I've been having a problem where if your pets do not show up when you're sleeping the process gets extremely slow and laggy. If they do show up the sleep process is fast and smooth. It's puzzling.

[Post New]by kaleycoops on Jul 6, 11 5:23 AM
jkuci wrote:The game got stuck twice and would not advance when I ran out of day hours but I was in front of the "cheap housing".
The game would not allow me to go in and sleep for the night. Just stopped. I created a new avatar and started all over again once - but after the second time it happened, I believe I'll just ask for a refund.

I have exactly the same problem. I have come really far as well.. I dont want to start again! This needs a fix!!!

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jul 6, 11 6:57 AM
Downloaded twice but game would not play due to application error. Don't have any problem with any others recently.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jul 6, 11 8:40 AM
IDK--this game has all kinds of glitches for me. When I go to the apt to sleep sometimes I just sleep, sometimes the full window comes up. The relax window in the apt didn't come up til about the 4th level. On that same level once I went back to the apt to sleep, I was not able to move. Could close the game & retry, but just did the same thing. Potentially decent game but certainly would not buy unless there is a patch.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 6, 11 9:00 AM
I'm enjoying the game and actually forked out to buy it but have had a few problems- the footstool/sofa confusion, as well as when trying to buy the hotel room there was no price quoted, so I kept having to go earn more money, come back each day and try my luck. I think it was about 2000 when I eventually managed to buy it.
Also I'm currently trying to get different things which require level 500 in skills, experience and charm. There doesn't seem to be anything obvious to increase these, other than buying different clothes increasing my charm a little bit. An explanation of how to do this in the tutorial part would be appreciated.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 6, 11 9:18 AM
NULL wrote:I'm enjoying the game and actually forked out to buy it but have had a few problems- the footstool/sofa confusion, as well as when trying to buy the hotel room there was no price quoted, so I kept having to go earn more money, come back each day and try my luck. I think it was about 2000 when I eventually managed to buy it.
Also I'm currently trying to get different things which require level 500 in skills, experience and charm. There doesn't seem to be anything obvious to increase these, other than buying different clothes increasing my charm a little bit. An explanation of how to do this in the tutorial part would be appreciated.

Hint:
If you click on "charm" in stats, a pop-up will tell you to either buy clothes or take college classes to increase charm.

(I bought it, too, and I'm hoping the devs will fix some of the glitches in gameplay so I don't have to ask for a refund)

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 9:20:42 AM PST

teej0895
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by teej0895 on Jul 6, 11 9:35 AM
There is a glitch on the "buy a boat", "go sailing 10 times from the boating club", "write a doctoral dissertation about protecting the environment" challenge.

I've bought a rubber boat, a sailboat, and a catamaran, but it does not show that I have bought a boat in the challenge/goals section.

I have completed the doctoral dissertation goal as well and it is not marking it off on my goals in the pacebook.

By the way, go sailing is not an option at the boat club, but is an option at the cruise ship.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Jul 6, 11 9:54 AM
1. lost my clothing after spending the 300 bucks
2. when i go to sleep sometimes it mucks up or lags i do know if u got a pet
sometimes it will not show up at all just the strip in which they should be.
3. CRASHES for no good reason and i did play the whole 60 min with NO
incident.

in my opinion the creators should have put alot more thought into this game it would have had great potential! instead it is just a poor shadow of life quest and my life story. so bigfishies please get on those ppl to fix it! thank and have a nice day ^^

oh that is another big peeve of mine ppl that make games and put them out b4 they get the BUGS out (LOL) and shame on them!

we r the consumers and most of us do not have the luxury of blowing even 6.99
on b.s.

anyway tyvm and have a nice day ^^ oh, btw does anyone at bigfish play these games b4 u contract to buy them? if so u need better testers

teej0895
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by teej0895 on Jul 6, 11 10:04 AM
teej0895 wrote:There is a glitch on the "buy a boat", "go sailing 10 times from the boating club", "write a doctoral dissertation about protecting the environment" challenge.

I've bought a rubber boat, a sailboat, and a catamaran, but it does not show that I have bought a boat in the challenge/goals section.

I have completed the doctoral dissertation goal as well and it is not marking it off on my goals in the pacebook.

By the way, go sailing is not an option at the boat club, but is an option at the cruise ship.

It is also a master's thesis, not a doctoral dissertation. Found out by trying the different classes at the university. Could have saved myself some money if it was listed correctly in the goals.

teej0895
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by teej0895 on Jul 6, 11 10:06 AM
teej0895 wrote:
teej0895 wrote:There is a glitch on the "buy a boat", "go sailing 10 times from the boating club", "write a doctoral dissertation about protecting the environment" challenge.

It is also a master's thesis, not a doctoral dissertation. Found out by trying the different classes at the university. Could have saved myself some money if it was listed correctly in the goals.

So, the goals should be:
1. Buy a yacht (no other boat in the boat club will give you this goal)
2. Go sailing 10 times from the cruise ship
3. Write a master's thesis about protecting the environment

[Post New]by tonjaarmstrong on Jul 6, 11 10:19 AM
kaleycoops wrote:
jkuci wrote:The game got stuck twice and would not advance when I ran out of day hours but I was in front of the "cheap housing".

I have exactly the same problem. I have come really far as well.. I dont want to start again! This needs a fix!!!

Same problem here also. Very frustrating.

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Jul 6, 11 10:25 AM

I have the same problem. Very frustrating when these things happen only AFTER a game is purchased.

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by challis3 on Jul 6, 11 10:53 AM
Have the same problem as above- it just freezes- I can't move my avatar and I am quite far in the game- DO NOT want to start over. ARGHHH.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 6, 11 12:08 PM
When a "friend" beats you, as in achieve all of the goals before you, there's no way of replaying it and it doesn't seem to make any difference on the overall game outcome anyway.
Also, when playing the challenge where you have to get so many expertises, it initially told me I needed 11, then went back to 9, then when I had 9 it said 10 and so on, so you never know what you're aiming for.
Too many glitches in this game. I actually regret buying it now. Shouldn't have been put up for sale with so many problems.
Why am I posting as "null" by the way? Do I need to make a separate account for the forum? This is the first time I've commented.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 6, 11 12:09 PM
Oh and on the career which requires you to have been sailing 5 times, I've been sailing at least 10 with each boat and so far haven't been allowed to try that career. Can't remember which one it is.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 6, 11 12:14 PM
Oh AND for the college professor career (or whichever one it is where you need to buy shoes, jacket etc) there are 2 items of footwear called "shoes". I bought the more expensive ones without noticing the cheaper option. Of course, I bought the wrong ones.
What can I say, I've been bored today lol.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 6, 11 12:25 PM
The sailing thing I've worked out, it means go on 5 of the sailing tour things.
Just to add to my niggles, the "denim skirt" has a picture of a pair of trousers. And when you need to own 5 "outifts" that means 5 hats, 5 tops, 5 trousers and 5 pairs of shoes. Personally I count a dress as top and trousers and although you can't wear a dress with trousers the game does not count a dress, hat and shoes as an outfit.

Go to: