brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

DD Comments for Lost in the City: Post Scriptum

[Post New]by brookings on Jul 6, 11 12:26 AM
I bought this game in August 2010. From what I can remember there were technical issues with this game. I have no idea if they ever had the developers fix the problems. It was such a problem I asked for a refund on this game, and have no desire to try it again, even at a DD price.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:DD Comments for Lost in the City: Post Scriptum

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 6, 11 12:37 AM
Hi there,
As one of the people who did not have any technical problems with either this or the first game, I would highly recommend it to those of you who have played and enjoyed the first game.
For those of you who have not seen either of the Lost in the City games before, I recommend that you trial them before you buy as they are not of the style or story that a number of people would enjoy. Some people have found them quite disturbing - so please check the posts in the forums to see if you think these games are for you.
Do you have to play the first game to understand the second? I would say yes, though both of them are "stand-alone", but having knowledge of the first makes some of the events in this game more understandable. And you do have 24 hours to decide whether this game is for you if you want to have a go at the original game simply titled "Lost in the City".
Cheers
PS: Collect as many purple butterflies as you can as they add to your hint meter and you might need to use it as some items are hard to find!!

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jul 6, 11 2:15 AM
I didn't have any problems with this game and bought it when it came out - I also highly recommend it to anyone looking for a slightly different game I played the demo of the first one a few times (various pcs) and got quite into it but for some reason never bought. I agree that some idea of the back story is useful when playing Post Scriptum, so grab that first demo too!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 6, 11 5:53 AM
I've been waiting to buy this series. I'm so glad to get it at DD. I love the story and concept. This is my type of game.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jul 6, 11 6:38 AM
Very interesting games (both) but for me, the first was better than the second one. No technical problems with either of them. Hope there is a third one.

CirceMoon
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by CirceMoon on Jul 6, 11 6:52 AM
I bought this game and the first one a while back. Neither game gave me any kind of technical problems. It's not your typical hidden object/adventure game, but that's why I enjoyed it so much. The story was really interesting (although in some places it didn't make much sense) and it made me want to continue with the game to find out how it ends. It has kind of a spooky ambiance, but not in the way that some of the more grotesque HOGs do, as it's more psychological horror than bloody violence. I agree with previous posters that this game would be easier to understand if you've played the first one, so I would recommend at least trying the demo before playing Post Scriptum.

[Post New]by MellowTimes on Jul 6, 11 9:13 AM
Would I need to play Lost in the City to understand who Ann is?

< Update > Did some looking around. I think I'm up to date now on the whole Ann/April thing. Thanks for your time all the same!

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 2:59:43 PM PST

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Jul 6, 11 10:32 AM
I took the advice of a few posters and played the trial of the first game in this series. I got discouraged and quit after 10-12 minutes because the graphics are so fuzzy. I had played it online a long time ago and now I know why I lost interest. I did get a feel for the story, enough to want to try the DD game.

This game seems to have clearer graphics but some of the objects are still a challenge to find. The story seems good, as it makes you feel like you have to hurry and get out of Dodge while you can! So far I haven't gotten lost, which is something that annoys me when a game requires a lot of backtracking. Although it can be a little confusing at times, this one seems to have good help to keep you progressing. It will probably be a buy for me at the DD price.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jul 6, 11 12:44 PM
I can't finish the demo until later tonight, but I think I'm going to end up getting this game anyway. I have the first game and really liked it. I do agree that some items are on the small side but it appears that the graphics on this second game may be more forgiving than in the first. Having said that, I still don't think I will play it on the smaller screen (14" laptop) but save it for my desktop which I played the first game on as well.

enibas95
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by enibas95 on Jul 6, 11 4:08 PM
It's late in the day but do not let this game get away. Lot's to do and find. Very entertaining. I played the try out for 30 min and I bought it right away.
No problems either. Things to put together, fix, find... just everything. Great game

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Jul 6, 11 5:52 PM
LOL, enibas95! I've been on the fence about it since I posted earlier but you talked me into it! I guess I can't go wrong for the price!

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Jul 6, 11 8:11 PM
I'm not always that great at IHOG-Adventure games, but this one is fun. Yes, it could be considered sort of creepy - but totally LOVE the kitty. I've been playing it for about 4 hours now and I'm just now trying to get "authorized" to see the "Puppetmaster" guy. It's different from most of the HOG games I've played, and I suspect you have to sort of get into the mind of the devs. After a few HOG scenes, you start to sort of feel how things are represented, making them easier to find. Can't say I find the graphics fuzzy. Maybe my eyes are fuzzy and it all balances out? I didn't play the 1st one - may get it now! - but it doesn't seem necessary to enjoy the story line. For the DD price, if you like IHOGs at all, I think you'll like this one. I wouldn't call it short by a long slide, and no tech problems. Oh, forget the fact that lots of the scenery stuff is in Russian/Cyrillic(?), and you get sort of a translation lesson when you scroll over various objects. The clues/puzzle answers are all in English. VERY glad I decided to demo it and then buy it.

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Jul 6, 11 9:11 PM
I bought it last summer, too. It took me a long time to finish, in part because it was just so utterly depressing. Now, see, I love me some creeptastic games, like the Puppet Show series, Haunted Halls: Green Hill Sanitarium, Stray Souls, and even Redrum. But this was just so hopeless in its post-apocalyptic loneliness that a year later, it still bothers me. Maybe it's just me, but after I finished it, I played nothing but Dream Day, Mystery PI, and Hidden Expedition games for two weeks.

So, if you like powerful plots and don't mind dismal themes, you might enjoy this. Just... *shivers*

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Jul 6, 11 10:51 PM
I also was waiting for this game. There were quite a few I couldn't get to run on my old pc but they load fine on my new laptop. I bought the first one and really wanted this one too. I'm glad I did. It was a great way to spend the evening. When good triumphs and everything is all right in the end, how can it be depressing?????

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jul 7, 11 9:42 AM
having enjoyed this game so much i went back and downloaded the first one and for me theres no comparison for my taste this is vastly more superior dark it may be but its no worse than reading a horror story

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Jul 16, 11 11:44 PM
Well I just took my time on this one as I could FEEL the dismal atmosphere. It was OK in the end, but getting there was a really weird experience. I had to pass on some of the mini games, as I found them quite testing. I thoroughly enjoyed having the cat with me as it helped when things got too dismal. This game would probably be alright with a warning on it, so that the mild people would be aware. It is a stress thing for the psyche.

Go to: