DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 12:22 AM
Hi there,
What a surprise to find another H0/Adventure game as a soft release for tonight. Might be something worthwhile for those who are not fans of CEs (and of course for those of us who have PC credits itching to be used).
The only information I can ascertain regarding this game is that it is by a new developer called Playarms - so I can't even give you other games in their repertoire.
Anyone out there have more information than I to help us out?
Cheers

Re:Comments for Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 7, 11 12:45 AM
Screen is little on myn laptop. After 8 minutes playing I quit. The cursor is terrible.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jul 7, 11 12:55 AM
H0 scenes are very dark and hard to see even on my larger screen. The two puzzles I have run across in the first 30 minutes are find identical puzzle pieces. Cursor doesn't respond particularly well. Will finish demo before deciding.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 12:56 AM
Hi there dobbie,
At least someone has had a go at this game.
I have foregone playing the TGT to trial this myself to see if I can add any edifying information regarding it before it gets lost in the midst of the word games, ccc, tgt posts etc.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 12:59 AM
Hi there Martyheinz,
Thanks for popping in here. My DL is almost finished - very fast (can't be too many others doing this at the same time!!).
Well, just installed, so I guess I should head off to play this and see what I think.
Cheers

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 7, 11 1:04 AM
I'm getting a full screen with no black lines around the edges, so make sure you try it yourself. The graphics I've seen so far look good.

I'm a bit confused and stuck in the gameplay, however. I opened a room with a key, and I can't exit the room. I looked at a few things in there, but now I want to leave and can't figure out how - I guess I'll wait a bit and see if a W/T posts or if others get further in the game than I've been able to. I don't want to waste my entire trial period scratching my head.

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jul 7, 11 1:08 AM
I like this game.

The find the puzzle piece games - only two then on to other types of games - are fun. You can't just click across the row of pieces hoping you get the right one. If you do, the cursor will hop to the other half of the screen. On the second puzzle I kept ahead of it by figuring out what the next piece was.

The artwork is great. H0 scenes are just okay. Some are dark and some bright. But there are not many objects to find and the hints recharge quickly.

You can save mid H0 scene but not mid puzzle. So.. that means it's usually a no buy, but I this game. So, I'll sleep on it.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 7, 11 1:12 AM
I am either "gamed out" or am just thick! I have been told how to open the safe but it is not working for me, I would like to get past the bedroom to get a better idea of what this game is like. Can anyone help me?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 7, 11 1:15 AM
Hey Ann,

SPOILER:
The painting on the left is the first two numbers of the safe combo:
If it is the 20th century, then use the numbers 20

The painting on the right is the last two numbers of the safe combo:
If it is the 17th century, use 17; if it is the 19th century use 19

I can't quite recall which centuries they used, sorry, duh...

I hope that this helps!!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 7, 11 1:16 AM
Um, I hate to be hard to please, I really do, but I didn't like the TGT or this soft release today. I tried to like them... It just didn't happen for me.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 1:18 AM
Ooh, shadowfax, I was looking forward to a little gem. Can't play either game now as eats call. Guess I'll have to wait.
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 7, 11 1:18 AM
sinshack wrote:I'm getting a full screen with no black lines around the edges, so make sure you try it yourself. The graphics I've seen so far look good.

I'm a bit confused and stuck in the gameplay, however. I opened a room with a key, and I can't exit the room. I looked at a few things in there, but now I want to leave and can't figure out how - I guess I'll wait a bit and see if a W/T posts or if others get further in the game than I've been able to. I don't want to waste my entire trial period scratching my head.

You have to open the safe in the bedroom before you can do ANYTHING else at all in the game. See "spoiler" post above... I hope this helps you.

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jul 7, 11 1:18 AM
@sinshack

You have to complete everything in the room before you can leave. Then the game takes you elsewhere.

SPOILER - Highlight below.

You have to look at both paintings, check out a note by the phone, click on a newspaper in the wastebasket and open the safe (remember the centuries from paintings)

End of Spoiler

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jul 7, 11 1:22 AM
I don't know about this one BF .....didn't really grab me. It was kind of hard to understand at spots and there were times where I got stuck trying to get out of certain rooms or "spots". The mini games were different and that 's where I had to leave off...finally got stuck on the Letter game where the letter's are all over the screen. Just couldn't figure out what to do with it....I don't know it just may be me!!!
But anyway, I would rate this a 5 out of 10.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 7, 11 1:23 AM
Thanks for the help!!! (And Ann, please ignore the email I sent you. This solved my problem - so far!)

I'm going to give the whole trial a fair shot, because I can't turn down this game based on what I've seen so far. It does seem to have an interesting storyline, but a bit better "How to" at the beginning would have helped me.

It's also nearly 4:30 in the morning here, so part of my problem might be extreme exhaustion........

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 7, 11 1:24 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:... before it gets lost in the midst of the word games, ccc, tgt posts etc.
Cheers

You always say this Ozzie. Do you get to the game forum through the all forums page? I always go to the PC Downloads page, click on the game which takes you to the "buy it or try it" page and then click on "get tips in the forum" on the left hand side of the page. That takes you right to the game forum and you don't have to hunt for it in the "current topics" of the forums main page... I think it is much easier this way. JMO

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 1:27:26 AM PST

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 7, 11 1:31 AM
I didn't have trouble with opening the safe, but I am finding this trial tedious: the hidden object scenes are really, really dark, but even worse are the--I don't even know what you call them: they are scenes with tiles that make up a picture and you have to click on the right tiles to set them in the picture. It's sort of like those puzzles in some crossword puzzle books where you have to draw tiles to create a picture.

I have only played about 20 minutes, and I may finish the trial tomorrow, but I am not impressed. I was also confused by the collection of hints: [spoiler alert] you seem to be able to collect hints by clicking on newspapers, but I was never able to use the hint button successfully--just to try it out so I could write about it here.

Maybe I'm just tired, so I'm going to bed.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 7, 11 1:31 AM
Shadowfax, thank you again. I did already try that and it is just not working for me, which is why I asked here. LOL!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 7, 11 1:34 AM
Lucy1997 wrote:I didn't have trouble with opening the safe, but I am finding this trial tedious: the hidden object scenes are really, really dark, but even worse are the--I don't even know what you call them: they are scenes with tiles that make up a picture and you have to click on the right tiles to set them in the picture. It's sort of like those puzzles in some crossword puzzle books where you have to draw tiles to create a picture.

I have only played about 20 minutes, and I may finish the trial tomorrow, but I am not impressed. I was also confused by the collection of hints: [spoiler alert] you seem to be able to collect hints by clicking on newspapers, but I was never able to use the hint button successfully--just to try it out so I could write about it here.

Maybe I'm just tired, so I'm going to bed.

I don't think that you are too tired, as I am still having problems with the safe, also, the hint is useless, as once it points you to something it will not point there again, so nothing happens. Have a good sleep.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 1:34 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:... before it gets lost in the midst of the word games, ccc, tgt posts etc.
Cheers

You always say this Ozzie. Do you get to the game forum through the all forums page? I always go to the PC Downloads page, click on the game which takes you to the "buy it or try it" page and then click on "get tips in the forum" on the left hand side of the page. That takes you right to the game forum and you don't have to hunt for it in the "current topics" of the forums main page... I think it is much easier this way. JMO

LOL, Of course I do - or go through My Posts if a few hours have elapsed, but I think there should be a simpler and more efficient mechansism for all. After all, if I click on the Word games or CCC tabs I can see a lot of posts with the current games/CCC posts, however, if I click on the Games Forums, I get an alphabetical list of all of the games. I would like this to be set up in the same way as Word Games or CCC with the most recent games discussions more easily available.
Cheers

Go to: