bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collectors Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 7, 11 12:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bell65
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collectors Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bell65 on Jul 7, 11 2:19 AM
ok i posted in wrong area,
i cannot play this game i have done all the usual fixes?
the problems still remain
1. will not play, the only button able to be clicked is the extra button
2. have to force shut-down
3. left aligned on screen
4. after reinstalling the same problems are still here
please help b/f
this is the second game in as many weeks to have too many bugs

sweetsofi
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collectors Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sweetsofi on Jul 7, 11 3:08 AM
the loading of the games are really too slow, tried other sites games and the download is ok so what is wrong its not my computer. last week i said i wouldn't buy other games and quit bf and after this game i will .

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collectors Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 7, 11 3:26 AM
oh no!...big oooopseeee! here...second game in three days with problems...already posted in other game forum...

sooooo!....i just did these steps....

1. download demo
2. hit play...game came up in short time
3. enter name...went thru storyline....very interesting
4. played thru three screenshots....did all tasks...o.k.
5. get to next screenshot...did the only two tasks o.k...then onto the next...went to cross bridge...pooof!

got a [access violation] ...sent back to game manager automatically...uninstalled game...came to game forum to check out any other 'tech' issues...uuuuuum!

note: at least i did not get the dreaded 'blue screen' like the other game ...so before i even download this game demo, went and 'cleaned out' and 'checked' my puter.

so really not a buy ...

if does a fix on the game will try again as it looks like an great adventure story and lots of inter actions but ... we'll just

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 3:28:40 AM PST

Nypthes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Nypthes on Jul 7, 11 4:21 AM
The picture is to the left and low on my monitor, I can't see half the items for the H/O scenes.

chicobird
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by chicobird on Jul 7, 11 4:47 AM
problems here too, game is to the left , couldn't see items in inventory, just a few item words showed up in the hidden object part. Right of screen of cause black.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Jul 7, 11 8:57 AM
Only four items showed up on the first hidden object screen, the cursor won't reach the menu button. Seriously? This should be free.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Jul 7, 11 9:04 AM
I am having access violation problems. I did the scenes up to the bridge falling apart. Returned to the plane, crashed, got the hammer, broke the window and then the error message 'Access Violation' came up. Left the game, went back in, same thing. No buy here until this is fixed.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Post any The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery Collectors Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Jul 7, 11 10:07 AM
Nypthes wrote:The picture is to the left and low on my monitor, I can't see half the items for the H/O scenes.

Same here! You can't even exit to the main menu to close the game. BFG or the game developer should warn players that some people will experience these problems, because OBVIOUSLY there are a lot of folks who can't play some games.
A big ol' pass from me.

[Post New]by nomad1947 on Jul 7, 11 10:30 AM
Same problem....screen to low and to the left....can't read objects to be found

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 7, 11 10:34 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are experiencing downloading issues, please take a look at this help article for steps that might help with this:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Access Violations may occur for various reasons, so to go through some troubleshooting steps, please take a look at this help article:

Access Violation

For those of you who are experiencing a display issue (i.e. game loading on the left side of your screen) or if you've gone through the steps listed in the help articles and would like more assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support. It would help if you could provide as much information as you can including a screenshot and/or a Dr. Felix report. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 12:08 PM
Hi there,
Well you can add me to the list of people who have problems with the screen being to the left and unable to use and/or see items near the bottom of the page.
The cursor is also aimed about 1 cm below the items which makes it extremely difficult to grab/use anything - and virtually impossible to access anything near the bottom of the screen.
Had to exit through the task manager.
Cheers

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jul 7, 11 12:20 PM
My problem is that the game keeps downloading, 3 times already, and it does it fast too. Why??

briteyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by briteyz on Jul 7, 11 12:30 PM
The game tries to download. It gets to about 7000kb then it tries to validate, starts over and does this about 4 times before it gives me an error message that says error downloading. Whats up??? This is happening wayyyyy to often lately.

whisper482
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by whisper482 on Jul 7, 11 3:17 PM
My screen was to the left also, and I could not see the inventory or the menu at the bottom. I solved the problem by changing the screen resolution to 1024 x 768. It works fine now.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 7:08 PM
Thanks whisper,
I don't like to mess around with my monitor settings, but will give it a try.
Downloaded the blasted game, so I may as well at least finish the Sample.
Cheers
Edited to add: Yes your suggestion works. Ordinarily the game would have some sort of mechanism that would set the resolution before it starts - and then back again when you exit - but not this one. Darn nuisance if you ask me!!
Cheers

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 7:12:50 PM PST

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Jul 7, 11 7:59 PM
The demo game downloads just fine for me. Goes through the screens just fine. Loading. Click to continue. The Sign your name screen comes up. Except... that I can't even type in my name. When I try, the game goes poof and shuts itself down. This is the third game this has done this to me. Kind of hard to decide to purchase a game when you can't even try it out to see if it's something that tickles your fancy. Getting rather exasperating.

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 8:03:39 PM PST

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

Game expired already?

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Jul 7, 11 9:52 PM
Well now, here's a weird one. It says that have already played the trial and my time is expired. I haven't had a BigFish beta in almost a year, so I don't think it's that.

Any suggestions?

ETA: Reinstalled and had the full 60 minutes. It wasn't a problem with the game, just a small hiccup in the download. Easily fixed.

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 10:25:05 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 8, 11 1:31 AM
The game isn't bad, but it's sluggish. The cursor is slooooooooow to the point where I'm having to force it to move--and this comes at the cost of accuracy. The slowness is making it difficult for me to pick up hidden objects or quest items like the blue crystals, or even to touch the right part of the screen at all.

It's pretty, even if the story is quite familiar. But it's slow to the point of inertia, and that's not satisfactory.

[Post New]by Shpankee on Jul 8, 11 10:07 AM
I have had no problems playing the game up til now. I had to leave for work and shut the game down right at the point where I just got into the mansion. Started it back up today and the hidden object scene has disappeared and the object I need isn't in my inventory. What I'll prolly do is restart the game using a new profile, but its still annoying as heck.

Go to: