Post 'em if ya got 'em...

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:DD for 7July2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 7, 11 12:39 AM
ember89 wrote:
as today's DD - columbus has been around the block and had a lot of issues when first released, but has since seen a lot of patches... it was also remarked that this was one of those games that kinda went downhill once you got past the demo... as the graphics and music were noted to be outstanding, this is the way to buy - ON SALE! at $2.99 it may be the game you're looking for if you passed it by when it was originally launched...

enjoy!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 7, 11 12:45 AM
my post when i first played this one:

ember89 wrote:well, i just got around to checking this one out... and it seems like a pretty decent game with some length that all gamers wouldn't dare to scoff at!

at first, i thought this would be another one that i played and since i kinda thought i knew where it was headed, i wouldn't stick around for the second half... but i was very wrong in playing i only got us underway to corsica, and that's not even a third of the way through the game... according to the walkthrough, that is...

but i also found myself really liking the graphics, the bright and clear images... it's nice to see something so bright after i've been stuck in an old opera house with a ghost and a dilapidated mansion with a bizarre theme park and a few ghosts of its own... yes, it's nice to see some light once in a while...

another thing i liked about this game was the choice of play - in advanced mode there is NO tutorial anything and NO sparklies... it's nice to once in a while have a crutch [like a map or a glimmer] but there really wasn't much wandering back and forth or all around in this game, everything was just that straightforward... and the puzzles! except for a few that were just "been there, seen that" they were mostly really fun and interesting... and i haven't seen a gear puzzle yet, so i'm kinda happy nothing wrong with a gear puzzle or two, i've just seen way too many for my liking...

now the concept of the game has me intrigued... when was the last time we had a MAN saddled with saving a WOMAN?? mind you, he's trying to save himself, too, but still... usually it's the women who do all the work at the very least it's refreshing, and i'm going to enjoy it while i can...

there is one question that popped into my mind that i'm sure has popped into at least a few other players' as well:

how is he going to sail all over creation and get back in less than a month??

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 7, 11 6:58 AM
Been on my wish list for a while, but kept getting bumped down.
So a sure buy for me at DD price.

Some pretty graphics, H0s not always easy to find, but still
well done, and a nice change from dark, dark.

If you haven't demoed this one, might be worth trying for this
price.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 7, 11 7:10 AM
When I downloaded, which took longer than usual, it said "trial expired". So I went ahead and bought it. Been playing a couple hours now with no issues. So for 3 bucks I'm happy with it. Object hiding is a bit dastardly, but I just resigned myself to using one hint per scene, and that's working out ok for me so far.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jul 7, 11 7:44 AM
I'm super excited this is the dd today. After playing Elixir of Immortality last night I looked up to see what other games this developer had made and did the demo of this. This was on my list to buy for $6.99 when nothing else was popping at BF but since it's the DD today I just grabbed it up. It has bright graphics, plenty of hogs scenes with interaction and an all around fun game.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jul 7, 11 8:13 AM
Happy to see this game as the DD. It is from Vogat, and I have played and enjoyed other games from this developer. Did the demo without any technical problems, good clear graphics, and lots of hidden object scenes. I have purchased and will enjoy playing on this rainy Thursday.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 7, 11 9:48 AM
Well - there's a nice surprise. Played beautifully on my Win 7 notebook. Filled the screen. Nice clear graphics and very cleverly hidden objects. A nice little adventure puzzle game from Developer Vogat (usually very good games) that must be worth the DD price. Just wonder why I haven't already got it!

Definitely a purchase for me as rather disappointed with other games on offer today (one CE not worth being a CE and a soft release that I don't fancy)

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Jul 7, 11 2:44 PM
Below are my original comments when first playing this game. Have played it a few more times since. Great game for the DD price. Don't pass this one up!

Excellent game! Exceptional blend of interactive hidden object, fragmented object, puzzles and adventure. Nice to have the choice of Casual or Advanced mode. Beautiful graphics. Nice music. Good storyline. Lots of gameplay time.

Also, the developer must have a thing for cats. I noticed almost every scene has some type of cat in it. Cute!

hookt

eric32
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by eric32 on Feb 16, 13 11:45 AM
Think game is good value . Like the puzzles but although I like some HO don't think they ought to come in pairs. like the other varied games sections.Good music & graphics

Go to: