bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 7, 11 12:57 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Post any Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue technical issues here only

[Post New]by yve501 on Jul 7, 11 9:37 AM
The game would not work on my W7 hit start but nothing happened. Tried it on xp pc it worked fine but the game was so bad I don't really care!

birds110
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by birds110 on Jul 7, 11 9:59 AM
I can not get the game to go past the "enter your profile".. it won't allow me to enter my name, there for I can't play the game.. I've tried everything I know to enter my name but it won't let me, and it won't let me go beyond that.. I have to do control alt delete to get out..

[Post New]by Nienna on Jul 7, 11 10:52 AM
The demo verasion wont activate. I tried uninstalling and redownloading it but it 'stopped working. I dont usually have this problem on Vista

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 7, 11 11:15 AM
Hello folks,

If you're having trouble getting the game started, you might want to see if a quick update to your computer might be helpful. For these steps, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For further help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). You may want to include any steps you've already taken so that you're not asked to repeat them. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 9, 11 6:58 PM
I tried this yesterday, and only played through the hotel room scenes. Today I tried again and this time I clicked to allow the "ffdow" something and noticed that the screen quality is greatly decreased from yesterday. Am wondering if this has something to do with it? I don't know how to get it back to the way it was yesterday, short of unistalling and reinstalling again, and yet, I really don't want to have to go through all of those scenes and the two puzzles and hogs that I have done tonight. Anyone else notice this? Or is this just the way the game continues and doesn't have anything to do with that choice you are given before the game opens?

darlaki
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by darlaki on Jul 10, 11 7:29 AM
Having same problem as another player, can't even put name in for profile, and then have to use ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Jul 10, 11 7:31 AM
darlaki wrote:Having same problem as another player, can't even put name in for profile, and then have to use ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it.

me too........won't let me enter name to play !

[Post New]by mistychip on Jul 22, 11 3:41 AM
Dont worry all those people than cannot play the game, you are not missing a lot! Sorry.

bigpescador
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by bigpescador on Jul 23, 11 10:03 AM
nwr1948x wrote:
darlaki wrote:Having same problem as another player, can't even put name in for profile, and then have to use ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it.

me too........won't let me enter name to play !

What happens?

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Aug 21, 11 3:23 PM
I can't enter my name either. It did start to go into the game, with 'Welcome Player', but I went back to try to enter my name, now, because I deleted the 'Player', I can't even get to that part again. But it sounds like we're not missing much. I did want to at least TRY it anyway, but guess I can't.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Aug 21, 11 4:18 PM
I got back into the game to try again to enter my name. Don't ask me how I did it, but after clicking quite a few times & just about to give up, I noticed the flashing cursor...so I typed in my name. Then, I'm not sure how I got into the start of the game, but I just kept clicking in different spots again, & it worked. But the game is not really all that good. In one spot, I (shows a man, but is supposed to be me - the player) came upon a door, had to do a puzzle for the door to open, you could see a girl's face on the puzzle, but it just went to a completely different area, after the door being opened...Strange. I gave up when I got to the DARK barn, or whatever the heck it was, way to hard to see the items. After finally figuring out how to do the puzzles, it wasn't too awfully bad. However, after doing puzzles, you have a new screen open up, & then it closes, just to open up a new one. It's really different, I'll say that. I agree that they definitely need to have more on the story line.. I'm pretty easy to please, BUT, I will not buy this one. It definitely needs some work done on it, especially for the story...it doesn't really tell you anything.

Go to: