bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Foreign Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 8, 11 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Foreign Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 8, 11 12:26 AM
When I try put the letters in the book, I get a black screen. I try it twice. So, no buy for me again.

booger69
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by booger69 on Jul 8, 11 12:30 AM
Same here JUST tryed it and it freezes and won't do anything.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jul 8, 11 12:38 AM
Another one that won't play in full screen.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jul 8, 11 12:58 AM
i also have a black screen when trying to put letters in book so obviously no buy come on big fish so many of your games are not on the top line and it must be costing you money

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Jul 8, 11 12:59 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:When I try put the letters in the book, I get a black screen. I try it twice. So, no buy for me again.

Happened to me as well. IMO lousy game anyway, not worth the time to uninstall and reinstall.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 8, 11 1:01 AM
Yes, I got the black screen when I tried to insert the letters.

Shame really, it took nearly an hour to download, the download froze, I re-started the lappy, deleted the game, re-installed (shazaaam!! there it was, fully downloaded!), then after all that effort played for 8 minutes and the game froze.

Deleted it, and trying today's soft release.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 8, 11 1:15 AM
Took so long to D/L knew there was a problem. The screen is all squashed up so everything tall and narrow so unplayable. Never seen anything like it before. Not sure how to alter the screen resolution to fix the problem? In windowed mode it's the right shape, but too dinky.
Seems almost daily there's a game with a slow D/L and then tech issues lately.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Jul 8, 11 1:27 AM
The game downloaded fine screen came to choose casual or difficult choose casual then a black screen came up with the word loading and i sat there and sat there and sat there and sat there some more and nothing hit the esc button to get out of the game went to game manager showed i had 60 mins left tried one more time samething happened so I dont get to try this one

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jul 8, 11 1:41 AM
Tall narrow screen. Windowed mode works but is so small. I don't change my screen res for a game so... it's a no buy. Too bad... seemed fun. Oh, well.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 8, 11 2:04 AM
roxycavalier wrote:Another one that won't play in full screen.

I don't usually mind about this but this game is even narrower than most. I've got 3" either side of the game screen. The game looks distorted because of this.

Does anyone know how I can adjust my settings to make this game look better?

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Jul 8, 11 2:43 AM
I did get twice a violation error on my first dream! So not a buy for me!

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 2:43:58 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 8, 11 2:58 AM
same here.....game freezes at the book, tried twice...no luck

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 8, 11 4:38 AM
I can't play the game either another game that freezes.2 bad looked like a nice game..That is 2 games so far I can't play waiting on a fix for the other game..

Post any Foreign Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by hawkboy7777 on Jul 8, 11 5:36 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by hawkboy7777 on Jul 8, 11 5:39 AM
i found the game to run perfect NO TECK ISSUES if you pc has no video card or memory NO GAMES we run on them good.

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Jul 8, 11 6:25 AM
Entering the first dream I receive the following access violation error message and the game shutdown:

Error: Access Violation at 0x004255D4 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

[Post New]by Tiffanip1202 on Jul 8, 11 7:28 AM
I too, get to the letters and the book in the "bar like scene" and have gotten as far as the book opening and there being a few colorful lines of unreadable letters, that I assume I am supposed to fx, but the game freezes either at that point or just before, with little wheels on the mouse as I hold the letters beside the book. Is this a tech issue? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I'm not asking for jelp, other than from BF, as in "please fix this tech issue", so I asssume that "Post any oreign Dreams technical issues here only" is where I should be saying this, or do I need to follow the link in the post above and find another tech issue place? I'm confused.

[Post New]by doggiemom12 on Jul 8, 11 7:29 AM
When I try put the letters in the book, I get a black screen. Tried several times, uninstalled reinstalled still same thing happens. Checked all my settings, all flash and shockwave up to date. Just does not want to work. A shame, looked like a pretty good game.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 8, 11 7:43 AM
Tiffanip1202 wrote:I too, get to the letters and the book in the "bar like scene" and have gotten as far as the book opening and there being a few colorful lines of unreadable letters, that I assume I am supposed to fx, but the game freezes either at that point or just before, with little wheels on the mouse as I hold the letters beside the book. Is this a tech issue? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I'm not asking for jelp, other than from BF, as in "please fix this tech issue", so I asssume that "Post any oreign Dreams technical issues here only" is where I should be saying this, or do I need to follow the link in the post above and find another tech issue place? I'm confused.
You are in the right place.

Go to: