bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix and Her Nightmare technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 8, 11 12:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Post any Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix and Her Nightmare technical issues here only

[Post New]by samspunker on Jul 8, 11 1:54 AM
Could only see one side of the cube. The other sides were purple. Installed the MS XNA runtime files that came with the game. Never had a problem like this before.

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 1:55:14 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Post any Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix and Her Nightmare technical issues here only

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 8, 11 4:38 AM
Tried several times to play. I kept getting a black box that said "Program Files". I was asked to install XNA files. I did. Same black box. I give up.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Jul 8, 11 8:21 AM
Same here with the XNA error.

[Post New]by My97toy on Jul 8, 11 12:50 PM
Same here with the XNA error

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Jul 8, 11 4:03 PM
This is the kind of game I would have bought most likely if I could only get it to work. I tried 3 times to install it and I couldn't get it to work AT ALL. If you are the game developer and are reading this....try to create games where we don't have to download additional software. Some folks will see it and chicken out. They don't know enough about computers to give it a try. Others will try it like me and only find it works 50% of the time. This time is didn't work for me. I gave it my best shot. Its sad. Like I said I would have liked to try this one.

suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suddensam on Jul 8, 11 7:58 PM
I agree with slowpoke telling the developers to make a game that you don't have to install software to play it, and to add to that, take your time makint the game and don't release it till it works proberly.

I am experiencing the same problem that everyone else is. And I would have bought this game had it worked.

Arachnea
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Arachnea on Jul 8, 11 11:33 PM
Could you please tell us how to resolve the problem ?

I usually don't have any problems running games with plenty of RAM, 4-core CPU, AMD Radeon 6700 HD (drivers up to date). So, obviously, it doesn't seem to be a material problem.

I installed XNA Framework, then I tried XNA Game Studio, but it won't work. I'm very sorry, because it looks like a game I really could enjoy !

[Post New]by davidjsushil on Jul 9, 11 7:06 AM
Hello, everyone! My name is David J. Sushil, and I'm the developer behind Vanessa. For those of you experiencing issues with XNA, please try downloading and installing the most recent version of XNA, which is available via the following link:
[removed by moderator]

Likewise, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. In general, you can do this by right-click on My Computer and selecting Properties. Look for a link labeled Device Manager and click it. Under Display Adapters, you will likely find your graphics card. If you right-click on it, Windows provides an option to Update Driver Software.

You should probably restart your computer after doing so.

I sincerely hope this helps everyone out! I appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing back from you all.

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 9:21:17 AM PST

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Jul 9, 11 10:29 AM
Might be helpful if games that are going to need extra software installed to play carry a health warning on the Learn More page?

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jul 9, 11 10:43 AM
Well, I told it to install the XNA stuff, and it currently says - and has done, for the last 62 minutes - 'Installing DirectX 9.0c runtime components' - which I find very worrying since I already have DirectX 11 installed!! I think the computer doesn't like it either, since the installation has been completely stalled at this point for 62 minutes.

Hopefully the mod hos has seen fit to remove the link to the most recent version of XNA from davidjsushil's post is about to tell us how to fix this problem?

Arachnea
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Arachnea on Jul 9, 11 4:00 PM
For those who still have issues with running the game, here's what I did after trying many things:

I uninstalled the game, uninstalled xna 4.0, verified my .NET framework (version 4.0).

I installed the 3.1 version of xna !!
I re-installed the game and it worked.
(I'm on Windows 7 64 bit). Hope it works for you too.

Though, I'm going to wait before I buy, see if it's still ok after rebooting my computer

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 4:02:17 PM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jul 9, 11 8:50 PM
MS XNA will not install unless you have MS .Net Framework already on your system. Any version between 2.0 and 3.5.

Though I was disappointed that there were only 36 levels. And most of them were very easy.

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 8:57:40 PM PST

[Post New]by talley5555 on Jul 13, 11 6:47 PM
Opens up a DOS box with a .exe title. Screen blinks to try to change modes, then game manager says play again.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 19, 11 12:42 PM
Hello everyone,

A new build is now available which addresses the XNA error and the pop-up black box.

If you would like this version, please uninstall and reinstall your game.

Still having technical issues? Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

gilesluver
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gilesluver on Aug 3, 11 7:38 AM
Just a thought. Generally when this happens it is because the programmer wrote the game with very specific software versions. I've had this problem with ECDs and games I purchased long ago. I wonder if Vanessa is written with the code being very specifically tuned to one version of XNA. When I tried to trial it, it told me I needed XNA studio (why? since I wasn't creating games), and i downloaded the file it told me to. Then I tried to open the game and got the dos screen. I wish programmers would write with future software upgrades in mind.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Nov 20, 12 9:20 PM
gilesluver wrote:Just a thought. Generally when this happens it is because the programmer wrote the game with very specific software versions. I've had this problem with ECDs and games I purchased long ago. I wonder if Vanessa is written with the code being very specifically tuned to one version of XNA. When I tried to trial it, it told me I needed XNA studio (why? since I wasn't creating games), and i downloaded the file it told me to. Then I tried to open the game and got the dos screen. I wish programmers would write with future software upgrades in mind.

Well could you please tell us just what version of XNA is necessary for running this?

Go to: