bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix and Her Nightmare

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 8, 11 12:20 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix and Her Nightmare? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 12:28:41 AM PST

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Reviews for Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix and Her Nightmare

[Post New]by havasulady on Jul 8, 11 12:36 AM
This is surely a joke.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 8, 11 1:12 AM

This is actually a pretty neat 3D platformer.

No mouse controls only keyboard.

If you like the Super Granny platformer games you may like this one.

Give it a go!

abitmore
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by abitmore on Jul 8, 11 8:18 AM
I ADORE it! It's absolutely delicious! I just played it for 20 minutes when I stopped and bought it. I was in a bit of a funk today and in need of something to put a big ol' goofy smile on my face.

This was it.

I agree, this is a very neat little platformer. I would love to be able to use my mouse - I always end up twisted around like a pretzel - but these puzzles are more "thinking" puzzles rather than the action/arcade type so it's really not a problem. I was mostly using the "Q" and "E" keys (they flip the box) and the arrow keys very little. It appears you can "die" but I think I saw that you have nine tries per level which seems pretty generous.

With a combination of just-right graphics, great puzzles, a wonderful tongue-in-cheek sense of (albeit, dark) humor and - That Voice... Well, I couldn't buy it fast enough.

Before I started playing again I just wanted to stop by and say, "Thank you, Big Fish!" for for not being afraid to make a lot of "different" types of games available to us. Happy weekend, all!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 8, 11 9:10 AM
Loving it too abitmore, I've posted further in the comments thread (prob wrong place but hey!)

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jul 8, 11 1:16 PM

GET HER OUT OF THAT DAMN BOX!!!

[Post New]by davidjsushil on Jul 9, 11 7:14 AM
abitmore wrote:With a combination of just-right graphics, great puzzles, a wonderful tongue-in-cheek sense of (albeit, dark) humor and - That Voice... Well, I couldn't buy it fast enough.

I shared this quote with Pierre, the gentleman who provided the narration for Vanessa. I think you made his day!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jul 12, 11 4:56 PM
What an absolutely adorable game! It is very different from the norm. I never could get points because I couldn't seem to figure out how to get her out of the scene in the number of turns required. Mainly because I kept forgetting which was Q and E turned the box. So, it does take a bit to get used to. I am only halfway through the trial, but this is a game to be take slowly and savored. At one point I did start to feel trapped in with Vanessa, wondering if I would be able to get her out ever, lol. I love the humor from the narrator and the pop-ups. I also love the smart aleck comments by her classmates although I think I would want to leave them in the box! Definitely a purchase for me! Thanks BF!

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jul 15, 11 12:42 PM

I honestly like this game. No, I love this game. It's very addicting, and satisfying when you figure out how to complete a level. I got a kick out of Vanessa's friend who's trapped in one of the levels. He says, "Vanessa, you gotta get me out of here" and then he jumps on her back so she can carry him out. lol

I also liked the background graphics, which depict a dream-like state, and the flashes of lightning complement the atmosphere perfectly. I liked the end-of-level stat screen picture showing Vanessa hugging a wall and peeking around the corner as a giant spider passes by. Very cute.

I highly recommend this to fans of puzzle games. This will provide you with hours of brain-teasing fun. Get it. You won't be disapointed.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 29, 11 10:57 PM
I'm looking for a few more games to fill out my punch card here at the end of the month. So I finally got around to playing a few minutes of the demo, and this one looks like a winner! I need it look at the rest of the comments here in the forums first is all, but if it continues like it starts, I'm in!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Aug 6, 11 10:58 AM
Having a ball with this game!

Go to: