DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Foreign Dreams

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 8, 11 12:57 AM
Hi there,
Well, another game without any "former credentials" so to speak, though I must admit that the purple screenshots belie the graphics in the actual game. It first reminded me of anime graphics, but not so - more cartoon-like, but very clear and not as dark as I originally anticipated,
I have not finished the full trial for this game - 60 minute trial, not sample in this case - but thought that there might be more information from some of you "out there" who have more knowledge about it than I.
Seems pleasant and easy enough so far for me (on the harder mode).
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Foreign Dreams

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 8, 11 1:03 AM
PS.
The game doesn't play in widescreen mode on my system, but after having to manualy adjust this to sample last evening's CE, I don't mind - at least the graphics are clear and I don't have to mess around with my settings.
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 8, 11 1:08 AM
Did anyone happen to catch the dev for this one? My trial ran out and when the game launched it hopped from the BFG screen straight to the menu screen. I must have blinked or something. LOL It seems easy on the hard mode and I was zipping right along - I wonder what kind of length to expect from it... I wouldn't mind seeing where the story goes and ends up although I have some ideas, I don't know if I am correct about them...

The graphics are nice and clear and the screens/scenes are nice and bright even in what are "dim" settings, there is no problems seeing items. There are no item lists, all HOG scenes are done with silhouettes of the items to find. Normally I don't care for that but it didn't bother me here for some reason. It's a nice looking game. I will probably use a punch card coupon on this one just to see how the story shakes out. I am really curious who the dev is and if this is a first time attempt or whether they may have released some other game(s) that I may have played. I think it will be a fun one to finish playing.

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 1:12:42 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 8, 11 1:10 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Did anyone happen to catch the dev for this one? My trial ran out and when the game launched it hopped from the BFG screen straight to the menu screen. I must have blinked or something. LOL I am still trying to decide what I think about this one. It seems easy on the hard mode and I was zipping right along - I wonder what kind of length to expect from it... I wouldn't mind seeing where the story goes and ends up although I have some ideas, I don't know if I am correct about them... I am undecided on this and will watch for others to post some thoughts.

Developer: GFI - Mystery of the Missing Brigantine, Treasure Hunters....

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 8, 11 1:13 AM
Thank you TeamSD!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 8, 11 1:20 AM
Yes, thankyou TeamSD. Also for the list of their other games.
I was actually enjoying the Brigantine one (even though it was very easy) , but woosed out when it got some bummer reviews.
Well, maybe both the former and latter games will hit my "consider buying" list before the month runs out!
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 8, 11 1:34 AM
Well, I have to consume some sustenance before I attack the next stage of this game, so I hope to see some more enlightening news after I have fulfilled these two needs!!
Cheers

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jul 8, 11 1:35 AM
Morning all

I used a punch card credit. Like you Shadow I have to see where the story ends up. At least on this one you don't have to put out an APB for someone's missing grandma, uncle what have you. I have widescreen too and I don't have a bit of a problem. I have my resolution set at 1152x864 and it's running fine. I didn't have no blackout on that puzzle either. Like Shadow said the graphics are clear and I don't mind silhouettes. I think there better at times especially if you're looking for a bat and they don't put what kind. Well off to play. Happy gaming!

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 1:36:41 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 8, 11 1:51 AM

I thought it was rather interesting and I had no technical difficulties downloading or playing the demo.

I would LOVE to have understood what that polygon mini-game was about - but, alas, I had to skip.

I did have my nose stuck to the monitor (22inch) during some of the darker scenes but, over all, not bad.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 8, 11 2:00 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:PS.
The game doesn't play in widescreen mode on my system, but after having to manualy adjust this to sample last evening's CE, I don't mind - at least the graphics are clear and I don't have to mess around with my settings.
Cheers

Can you tell me please how I adjust to wide screen? My resolution is at 1600 x 900 (the highest it can go) but the game still has about 3 inches of black either side of the game screen. It looks quite a good game but this is really off-putting.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 8, 11 2:07 AM
I do like silhouettes but I think it's fun to look for a bat when you don't know what kind it is SassyLassie ! Can't say I didn't like the game but I found it too easy, the graphics were not dark (which I feared at first) but I didn't fancy them too much, I'm a great fan of graphics like in Maestro, Puppet Show, Reincarnation, etc, so here they weren't my cup of tea. Mini games were classic ones, though we don't come too often across puzzles.
Will not spend a pc credit on this one, might buy as a DD as I wonder what Victor's dreams mean, though I have a little idea...

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 2:08:56 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 8, 11 2:14 AM
HI there janspack,
If you are using a PC with WIndows installed, simply right click on the main screen (not the BFG one) and chose "personalize", then "display settings" and move the slider to the settings you want (click on OK or apply).
If the game you are playing doesn't automatically take you back to your original settings, follow these instructions again to reset them.
I haven't done this with this particular game as the graphics were clear and I could use all of the screen, but had to last night with the TGT (thankyou again whisper).
Cheers

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 2:17:23 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 8, 11 2:18 AM
Well - after 15 minutes of play I was ready to 'chuck in the towel' with this one, but whilst grabbing a 2nd and trying to think coherent thoughts, a line from the game kept repeating in my head: 'I think it will take a while to get a consistent picture'. So I went back in and played the rest of the demo on 'Difficult' setting.

I found it easier to follow the 2nd time around and paid more attention to what was being 'said'. I got to collecting items for Victor's 3rd Dream sequence, but before I use a pc code I would love to know how much longer the game is. If it's a decent length, I just may be tempted with this one.

So shadowfax - a PM with the length would be nice

Kel

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 2:18:43 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 8, 11 2:21 AM
Hi there Kel,
Maybe someone should set up a "Finshed, tell us about it" post so we could all get the info!!
Cheers

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 8, 11 2:25 AM
Oh DLO - you little you!!

ROFLMFO - Are you tempting someone for the 'shiny lock'!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 8, 11 2:30 AM
Of course not - it is information that a lot of game players and forums lurkers would like to know before they commit their GC or PC credits - unless there is a WT of course!!
Cheers

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jul 8, 11 3:58 AM
Poutoule wrote:I do like silhouettes but I think it's fun to look for a bat when you don't know what kind it is SassyLassie ! Can't say I didn't like the game but I found it too easy, the graphics were not dark (which I feared at first) but I didn't fancy them too much, I'm a great fan of graphics like in Maestro, Puppet Show, Reincarnation, etc, so here they weren't my cup of tea. Mini games were classic ones, though we don't come too often across puzzles.
Will not spend a pc credit on this one, might buy as a DD as I wonder what Victor's dreams mean, though I have a little idea...

Yeah but I don't like wasting time on a lousy object especially if the story is good

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 8, 11 5:15 AM
Played 25 minutes of the demo. Found the scenes very dark, hard on the eyes trying to find objects. Had to use a lot of hints, which I don't like to do. Probably will go into my buy at DD price folder.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 8, 11 5:47 AM
I couldn`t play this game very well on my laptop, because it doesn`t fit with my screen solution (that means, the game is only on 50 % from my laptop). The game itself it good, but I wouldn`t buy it, but only because this technical problems.

cedo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by cedo on Jul 8, 11 5:56 AM
after a bit of research, it seems GFI did the Diamon Jones games...i liked those games...i found this game quite fun...i liked it...perhaps, a bit on the easy side, to be sure, but still fun...at the end of the demo time, i was on dream 4...if there are only 5 dreams, it would seem it is, sadly, too short...

SPOILER: second puzzle with poly-sided cube (Highlight to see)

for anyone interested, the second puzzle, the one with the letters on the poly-sided cube, so to speak, one merely rotates the cube to bring the color that matched the script needing to be deciphered to the forefront...

i would have, perhaps, used a coupon on this game, but...as i said...it seems too short

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 5:58:18 AM PST

Go to: