gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

The mysterious hidden object behind the task bar glitch solution

[Post New]by gjnashif on Jul 8, 11 6:23 PM
As you probably know Dreamland has some very strange glitches, one of them happened to me numerous times, in that in the Hidden Object scenes, when I went to combine items, when I picked the item up with the cursor, it separated from the cursor, and I could not get it to combine or put back, so I backed out of the scene completely and when I came back, the item I was looking for, in the is case the Cork Screw to open the wine bottle, was gone, I clicked on the hint button and it was sitting behind the game Task Bar, but I could not retrieve because it kept backing me out of the scene, so I got to thinking about this and......

I went back in the game, and I thought of something, I put the cursor on the very bottom of the task bar, where it said "back" then I moved the cursor slowly toward the top of the task bar to see if the cursor would change, and it did just barely below the top of the task bar, I clicked, and out popped the item I needed to finish the level..... a cute trick eh.... and I was able continue from there, not quite finished yet.

I Just thought I would pass this on to you all.

Have a wonderful game day

gnashif

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 6:25:41 PM PST

Re:The mysterious hidden object behind the task bar glitch solution

[Post New]by lodiedadee on Jul 10, 11 3:06 PM
Same thing keeps happening to me. I tried doing that several times, but its stuck behind the book! Any other suggestions?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:The mysterious hidden object behind the task bar glitch solution

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 12, 11 12:58 AM
That is exactly what happened to me twice in the game - I mentioned this in another thread.

The second time this happened was towards the end of the game, where you have to put those golden tigers onto the display. One of the tigers left my cursor, and when I went out of the scene and back in again, the tiger was so far down at the bottom of the screen, that I wasn`t able to click on it again, but only got the "back" arrow to get out again.

So I wasn`t able to finish the game. I find it disgraceful that the game developers just ignore such glitches and don`t do something about it, and bring out a new version.

Go to: