bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 9, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Hill Lock, a place no one in their right mind would want to be. The abandoned town beckons you to explore its ravaged streets. Fire that reaches up through cracks in the earth threatens your life and signs that something unnatural is stalking you have your nerves on edge. To escape, you'll have to gather useful items and solve clever puzzles. Find the path that leads you out of hell in Vampire Saga: Welcome to Hell Lock!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 9, 11 12:15 AM
Happy dance here! Been waiting for this one ever since I did the beta. It is a great game - and creepy!!!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 9, 11 12:16 AM
Welcome to Hill Lock, a place no one in their right mind would want to be.

so, i'm DLing and hope to have a good time with this one! the screenshots look decent - love the voodoo doll! and i'm really hungry right now for anything i can really sink my teeth into!

aucjif
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by aucjif on Jul 9, 11 12:23 AM
Good morning everybody. I wonder if this is the same developer that provided us with Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box. I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Does anybody know? Well I have just finished downloading so off to play awhile.

LeneHansen
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by LeneHansen on Jul 9, 11 12:25 AM
Too many sparkles. Very distracting.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 9, 11 12:26 AM
Hi there aucjif,
Yes it is by the same devs as Pandora's Box. I didn't think there would be a second edition to this, very surprised.
I look forward to trialling this game as I enjoyed the first one.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 9, 11 12:27 AM
LeneHansen wrote:Too many sparkles. Very distracting.

Hi there LeneHansen,
Yes there was a lot of assistance in the first (except when you really needed it LOL), but the journey was still very enjoyable at the time.
Cheers

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jul 9, 11 12:29 AM
sorry fishes, Good morning, this has nothing to do with Vampire Saga, but I know there will be a lot of posts, and I need to ask a question.

When I post a reply why do the 'edit' and 'delete' icons still remain on top of my posts. What am I doing wrong?

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jul 9, 11 12:32 AM
I played 20 minutes of the demo and had to stop; way too much hand holding. Not only were there flashes of light to indicate areas of interest, but once you click on those areas there are flashes of light to indicate which objects in those zoom scenes are inventory items! The graphics were ok. Not bad, but not good. The hidden object scenes were not challenging. The interaction between the inventory items and the scenes were obvious. Too bad; I think this game had potential.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 9, 11 12:36 AM
So glad to see this game today. Hope there is a walkthrough, everytime I purchase a game that doesnt have one I get stuck and cant finish the game.

Happy game day

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jul 9, 11 12:38 AM
Welcome to Hell of sparkles. LOL.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 9, 11 12:40 AM
sapphire46 wrote:sorry fishes, Good morning, this has nothing to do with Vampire Saga, but I know there will be a lot of posts, and I need to ask a question.

When I post a reply why do the 'edit' and 'delete' icons still remain on top of my posts. What am I doing wrong?

Yep--we're off-topic here, but only for a minute. Your own post will include the "edit" and "delete" choices for you to do just that, if you desire; they'll only show up for your posts. Can't have you editing or deleting someone else's post! You're doing nothing wrong! Good Gaming!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 9, 11 12:45 AM
Goodmorning fishies!

It's seem a good game, so can finaly use a punchcode for it. I played for 30 minutes and yes there are a lot sparkles. HOG scenes are clear. I don't saw a puzzle yet.

I like vampire saga: Pandora's Box very much. I hope that this game also long and good is.

Happy gaming!

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Jul 9, 11 12:48 AM
Thank you elldee2728 and carole22759

You must think I'm stupid I didn't realise it only showed for just my posts.

Anyway I enjoyed Pandoras Box so will probably be buying this.

Happy gaming

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 12:51:54 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 9, 11 1:00 AM
@sapphire
None of us think you are stupid... Don't ever be afraid to ask questions here, someone will always jump in to help you!!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 9, 11 1:05 AM
mmemubon wrote:Welcome to Hell of sparkles. LOL.

LoL! Seriously. Everything sparkles! It even shows you if you're getting near to an object in the hidden object scenes!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 9, 11 1:06 AM
ooohh, the sparklies got to me, too all over the place!

but... the game has nonetheless sucked me in!

some of the graininess got to me at first, too, but then i thought about the theme and format of the game and realized it totally works!

and - the candles in most of the scenes... white pillars... they light up when you're done in an area... instead of having the words "area clear" flash overhead, some candles light up and you know you're finished with that part of the 'maze' - nice!

the storyline is totally creepy in the best pulp way... really like that the whole thing looks kinda trashed and the cut scenes provide just enough of a distraction to derail a thought that was too slow in forming... lots of running around here... i would tell someone to bring a few extra pairs of sneakers! the tangle itself will keep me wildly occupied for a good while

one more note... it's very cool to use the polaroid camera to take pics of the various scenes and find a much better kind of sparkly!

so i guess that's 4 against the one sparkling

sounds like a winner to me!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 9, 11 1:07 AM

LoL! Seriously. Everything sparkles! It even shows you if you're getting near to an object in the hidden object scenes!

Oh no... does it? Oh man, I will be so disappointed. I guess I will go and try it.
Won't these devs ever learn to give us difficulty modes which include one with no sparkles?? What a bummer... thanks for the warning mmemubon and Imberis.

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 1:08:29 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 9, 11 1:12 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:

Oh no... does it? Oh man, I will be so disappointed. I guess I will go and try it.
Won't these devs ever learn to give us difficulty modes which include one with no sparkles?? What a bummer... thanks for the warning mmemubon and Imberis.

Yeah. When you get close to an object in a scene, that object's word turns green the nearer you get to it. I tried looking at the list, memorizing a few, then looking away from the list so I could find them on my own, but it was kind of odd.

bell65
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by bell65 on Jul 9, 11 1:45 AM
this is the most hand holding in a game, I've ever played. apart from being led and shown what to do all the way the story so far seems OK. i read some others comments so i will continue but the sparkles are really off putting ...

Go to: