Comments for Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 9, 11 12:21 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I want it I want I want it!!!!!!!!

I knew as soon as I used all my PC credits and Groupons, a game I reeeeeeaaaly wanted would come out!

Now the only question is: Can I wait for Augusts PC credits since I save my for CEs?

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 12:23:46 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Comments for Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 9, 11 12:54 AM
I love you WiccanWoman but I am going to have to bet against you.
I don't think you can wait for August's credits... LOL

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 9, 11 12:56 AM
not when it's this early in the month!

i agree... with all the things that set me off, i like it! and i'm getting this one!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 9, 11 1:20 AM
Hi there,
I think I am getting used to sparkles as they haven't worried me too much so far - mind you I need a game fix!!
I haven't finished the trial yet, having an enjoyable time (and its not a CE!!), but I am reserving my final decision for later on when I can get back to the game - family calls.
Cheers

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Jul 9, 11 1:42 AM
I played half the demo, and I'm not sure about the light flashes: irritating,
yes, and more than mere sparkles. Could there be some other, sinister
reason for them? Every time you look at a painting, there is the light
flash in the middle; how is this possibly helpful? I'll probably have to buy
the game to find out. Clear, crisp graphics, good hidden object scenes.
Extremely creepy! Some of you sensitive souls should be warned:
MAJOR SPIDER ALERT! I usually don't mind spiders, but there are
limits. At least my sound doesn't work, so I didn't have to listen to the
Osmonds singing.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 9, 11 1:46 AM
After demo on my way to purchse. Liked the graphics but didnt think Alawar was up to their regular standards on this game. Alawar what no voices!

Whats with the dark shadow figure with red eyes??? Didnt we just see his twin brother in yesterdays game?

Happy gaming

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 9, 11 1:52 AM

I enjoyed the game demo even though it was pretty linear and alot of hand holding.

I will buy this game as I was unhappy when the demo ended..always a sign that I want the game.

I got as far as the guy finding his cell phone - getting the threatening message. I wonder how much more there is to the game....?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 9, 11 2:14 AM
Yes, jkuci, there should be a "finished" thread............
I'm not too sure about this game, though I played the whole demo. I agree about the sparkles, far too many of them. You're held by the hand, the game doesn't seem difficult, though, as Goofy would say, I will probably use, at least, one pair of sneakers: I know I can use the photos but didn't find it handy up to now, much prefered to use an item straight away when I still remembered where I needed it, and if I didn't, it meant a bit of walking.
What I really disliked was the greenish glow in H0 scenes when you're near an object, it distracts you more than anything else and anyway who cares for that ? It's just annoying, you don't need to be told where objects are, you want to find them by yourself. That's one of the main reasons that make me hesitate about buying this game.
Otherwise it's quite creepy, (a lot of spiders for theose who can't stand them), graphics are good, didn't notice the music, so ?, must have been OK, mini games pretty easy, if only there were no green glow in H0... Will think about spending a pc credit, but....

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 2:15:49 AM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jul 9, 11 2:41 AM
I LOVE this game! I bought it right away after demo ended. I have grown bored with hidden object games and so grateful for green glow when I am close to hidden objects because I just want to get hidden object part over so I can get back to adventuring. I don't mind the sparkles, in fact I appreciate them. People should have a harder level so they have a choice. I am disappointed again no voices like someone else said usually alaware does give us voices. Oh well really enjoying this game. Strange thing is what is up with this guy? He should be screaming when he sees these monstrous shadows, see another reason we needed voices in this game.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 9, 11 2:48 AM
Well some of the games lately seem to be 'taking a step backwards'!

No difficulty options, 'Sparkles, Sparkles everywhere, And never need to think! Light Flashes, Swirly cursor (Overclick Penalty!!) And you MUST click on CLOSE to close the box!! Oh and don't forget the GIANT directional Arrows. And how can we overlook the 'Warm, Warmer, Hot!' of the Hidden Objects scenes!

I shall think on this one for while, as I did with The Missing on Thursday, Silent Evil and Foreign Dreams (none of which I purchased!)

Happy Gaming

Kel

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 9, 11 4:43 AM
I think the first Vampire Saga game is one of the best ihogs ever. This game is also good and a definete buy for me, I love it

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jul 9, 11 5:18 AM
I agree Kel, I just won't buy a game as hand holdy as this one. I finished Reincarnation Awakening recently and the entire time I was playing it I hated it because it was too easy and there was never anything for me to figure out. I just won't go there again, sparkles everywhere, mini games a three year old can do, and now this one finds the objects for me! Since there's not any game in this game I think I'll go read a book instead.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 9, 11 5:25 AM
I've played for 12 minutes, and come to a decision. When, or if this game comes up as a DD, I would purchase it. However, those massive in-your-face sparkles mean I would never pay full price for this game -- and I don't usually mind sparkles. Good grief, not just sparkles to help me find the key, but sparkles at the door when I'm right there?? I was concerned I would have the same objection to this as I had with Pandora's Box, that is that the paintbrush is a paintbrush in THIS H/O scene, but it's not a paintbrush in the other H/O scene. That doesn't appear to be the case here, but those HUGE sparkles just turn me off. So....a DD or COTW, but not now.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jul 9, 11 5:50 AM
Thanks to those who gave warnings about spiders If there are so many that several reviewers feel the need to comment, then I do not feel the need to even demo. I may not be able to choose not to deal with the little horrors in real life, but I can at least make sure I don't deal with them in games (have never re-played the first Royal Echoes because of the multiple moving spiders - ugghh!). Thanks guys!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 9, 11 6:07 AM
care___916 wrote:After demo on my way to purchse. Liked the graphics but didnt think Alawar was up to their regular standards on this game. Alawar what no voices!

Whats with the dark shadow figure with red eyes??? Didnt we just see his twin brother in yesterdays game?

Happy gaming

Yes we did, definitely twins but not identical.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Jul 9, 11 6:18 AM
This is the kind of game I usually like and buy. WHY are there so many sparkles? That much help is not fun and just annoying. And what's the deal in the hog scenes? The object on the list lights up green when you are near it! Might as well have a button that says "automatic play". I might get this game at some point if there is a sale or it is a DD.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 9, 11 6:40 AM
I didn't mind the "warmer" hints in the HOG scenes since they're easy to ignore, but the GD strobe light (not really a sparkle, these DEMANDED your immediate attention), kept blinking even after you had clicked the item right before it went into inventory and was seriously annoying the crap out of me. Had to delete the game after 20 minutes before I threw my laptop out the window.

I probably shouldn't have had that second cup of coffee this morning.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 9, 11 6:43 AM
calsmom2001 wrote:Thanks to those who gave warnings about spiders If there are so many that several reviewers feel the need to comment, then I do not feel the need to even demo. I may not be able to choose not to deal with the little horrors in real life, but I can at least make sure I don't deal with them in games (have never re-played the first Royal Echoes because of the multiple moving spiders - ugghh!). Thanks guys!

Oh, this was bad, it even creeped me out. Definitely not a good game for arachnophobes.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on Jul 9, 11 7:10 AM
I love spiders---even had a tarantula for a pet once. I absolutely loved the first one, but I don't like the hadholding in this game. How is this related to the first game, though? Do I have to play more to find out? Are there characters from the first game in this one? As I recall, the main character in the first game was revealed to be a vampire at the end.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jul 9, 11 7:11 AM
Sparkles?? I wish!! I am getting bright flashes of light!! Almost like a strobe light continuously flashing. That's what came to mind when I first entered the game. Sparkles I could handle but not this. They bothered my eyes a lot. In one scene where you're changing levels or something like that all I get is a window with[b] bright[/b white and yellow flashes!! Enough to hurt my eyes. It really detracted from the game. I don't even know if it was creepy because the bright light was very distracting.

Unless they fix the flashing lights, or what they are calling sparkles, I won't be buying the game. It seems like a great game too.

Go to: