bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 9, 11 12:30 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/16/2011 at 9:12:57 AM PST

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Post any Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock technical issues here only

[Post New]by Stariannah on Jul 9, 11 1:06 AM
Neat game, a bit too easy, but might have been interested in buying except for one thing: 50 minutes in, finally get to the police station, and the game no longer accepts my mouse clicks. In other words, I mouse to something I'm supposed to click on, such as the camera, and it does nothing. Can't even click on the menu to exit out, yet when I alt-tab out to another window, clicks are registered just fine. Ended up having to cntl-alt-delete to get out of the game. Since I obviously can't go any further if the game doesn't register my clicks, I won't be buying.

Oh, and I'm running Vista on a Dell 1545 Inspiron laptop.

A.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 9, 11 1:36 AM
For me, the sound quality was ragged, starting, slowing and stopping without warning. It never got any better, so I did my best to ignore it for the duration of the trial.

In addition, the cursor was sluggish and stiff. I had a difficult time even getting it to move.

The game wasn't bad...but the technical problems made it more difficult to play than it had to be.

I'm running Windows Vista on a Dimension E521 with an eMachines HD monitor.

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Jul 9, 11 3:09 AM
Potential spoilers!

This technical issue description gives details of actions near the end of the game, so please take that into account before you highlight the following to read my cry for help!

<<<
I got as far as setting the explosives to seal the mine, but, while watching the subsequent cut-scene, the game crashed (and I wasn't clicking or anything).

When I re-started the game, the cut-scene did not replay; however, the TNT was still in place, but I couldn't do anything (the lighter had been removed from the inventory and there was no hot-spot over the explosives).

>>>

Now, the hint only gives "nothing to do" indications, ie it gives no sparkles around movement arrows, etc. In addition, the photo-navigation tool is sealed, so I can't move quickly anywhere nor easily locate areas in which there might be things to do.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about how I might fix this and proceed to the end?

Best regards,
aT

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Jul 9, 11 3:15 AM
[b][i]Here we go again, yet another game that I cannot play. A slow and sluggish

cursor makes it impossible. I have had this problem with a few games recently.

Am dissapointed yet again.

Going to be a long weekend with nothing new to pass the time.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 9, 11 4:41 AM
okay, why do you still put out games where you CAN NOT EVEN GET STARTED. Part on right can't even see. BIG MAJOR ISSUES FIX OR DON'T TRY TO SELL. ALSO, when you hit options, it goes to error message. when you hit play, it goes to where you create profile name. shows there are MAJOR ISSUES. ALSO. what is screen relolution are those of you using a 20" flat wide screen monitor. AND NO IT'S NOT MY NEW PC.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Jul 9, 11 6:48 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!! I put my name in and see the first building and then my entire computer system shuts off. Nothing but a black screen I have had to re-start my computer 3 times, so no game for me again.

[Post New]by torriedog on Jul 9, 11 8:11 AM
I must be about 3/4 of the way through the game but it has crashed and keeps crashing every time I go back in. have tried re installing the game and it's still doing the same thing

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jul 9, 11 8:54 AM
Same here with game freezing!
Put lightbulb into socket for pictures and game Froze!
It really makes me mad when this happens at the end of games.
We really would like to be able to finish, after putting all that time into it!!

[Post New]by boppy3 on Jul 9, 11 9:33 AM
Don't really post that much just I am also getting upset with the games I can not try. Today was a good one Froze and I had to do a hard shut down and refigure my desk top along with a shutting down and restarting my computer three times. Would like to buy game but not with this frustration. How long does it take them to fix a game does anyone know?

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 9, 11 9:44 AM
I would roughly say over a week or two. that's like yesterday when they took 2 different amount of $$ off my credit card and it caused big problems for me. meds, doctor visit and a game offered at $2.99 yesterday.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 9, 11 9:46 AM
Only problem I had with this game demo is that my mouse cursor froze a couple of times.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 9, 11 10:02 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are having troubles with a slow game/cursor or are experiencing a game crash/freeze, you may want to see if an update to your computer will help. Here is a help article with this information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Going through these updates will help eliminate any possibilities of what might be causing the issue before getting in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). Please be sure to include a Dr. Felix report and the steps you've already taken. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

TAZZ1965
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Jul 9, 11 10:16 AM
went to take a picture of the last red gem when the program froze, retried to enter the game and i can't. I will try to delete and reinstall but I will hate to have lost all the progress I've made. Just can't believe it waited to the end of the game to act crazy! error screen pops up and reads access violation @0x72617473 tried to read from 0x72617473 program terminated

Edited on 07/09/2011 at 10:33:58 AM PST

[Post New]by Tiffanip1202 on Jul 9, 11 10:30 AM
I'm stuck at the car after I moved the crane. There's something that looks like a piece of paper on the hood, and nothing in my inventory works. It's stuck on the screen, I've left the game, logged back in, tried more stuff (all in my inventory), still stuck on that screen. Getting an error msg, something like "window of car...." short term memory loss sucks. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Will I need to start the WHOLE game over???? PPPLLLLEEEAAAASE, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

pigqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pigqueen on Jul 9, 11 10:32 AM
Game seemed interesting...was enjoying it....in the house, upstairs door closeup froze. Tried backing out, tried restarting computer....no luck. When I try to go back in, getting error message: "Try to add field "popup_door," that's already on screen." Would have bought it, but now don't think I will.

[Post New]by Tiffanip1202 on Jul 9, 11 10:48 AM
pq, I think that's the kind of error msg. that I am getting. I've already paid for it with my last credit, and still need to ask BFG to give me a credit for a ridiculous game that I tried and HATED called "Dracula: Origin", and I am so angered that I've been mislead by BOTH of these games, for different reasons, but still, all of my game buying is over for the month due to cash flow issues, and I am heated. I want to PLAY A GAME, preferably one that makes sense, or one that actually works! Additionally, could someone tell me if there is a way to subscribe to an RSS feed for this page so that I can see if there are any answers anytime soon? Thanks so much, stepping off of my pedestal now.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jul 9, 11 10:50 AM
Here we go again. Another piece of junk. Game keeps freezing and crashing and you have to do a hard shutdown on your computer to get out. Has anyone thought about how you are gonna access the games you have paid for when this place goes out of business.

[Post New]by Tiffanip1202 on Jul 9, 11 10:57 AM
Okay sorry, but this is what the error code actually says "Try to add error code "car closeup" [thats] sic already on screen". This comes up before the game even loads. I am frustrated. Sorry for posting so many times, I only get so much "alone" time, and this is it...spoiled by a tech issue that is obviously a major one for other as well, even if it happens in other places for them... I want answers! lol

M2Gooner
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by M2Gooner on Jul 9, 11 10:59 AM
SPOILER: Have gotten almost to the end of the game without any problems. That is, until I get to the vampire's coffin and then the game "kicks" me out and closes. When I reopen the game and try to resume from that point it "kicks" me out and closes again. It lets me start as a new profile but I don't want to start at the beginning again -- quite frustrating. I've also tried re-booting and that didn't help either. I haven't had any other problems thus far with sound, freezing, speed, jittery mouse, etc. My OS system is Windows XP (current with all MS updates) and I have plenty of memory. Also, while playing the game I have my security software running in game mode. Is there a patch/update needed or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Go to: