mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Cannot combine the scrub brush with polyvinyl acetate at Palazzo Celeste

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jul 9, 11 12:36 PM
Having spoken with Count St Germaine and examined the cracked table with the trowel, Sylvie is supposed to combine some things, namely the brush and polyvinyl acetate. These 2 items will not combine.
Does anybody know why? I seem to have everything in inventory that needs to be there, have tried to get these things to combine and Sylvie needs "an alternative solution" she says.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Re:Cannot combine the scrub brush with polyvinyl acetate at Palazzo Celeste

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 9, 11 2:38 PM
hi Mary69lyn

below is a SPOILER from the walkthrough - hope it helps. I have 'hidden' it so highlight to read

When you are inside, come to the pond and take the watering can and the bowl. Draw water from the pond with the watering can. Come to the lawn and pick up the glove. Enter the apse and talk to the count. Come to the table on the right. Scrape the paint off the plank with the putty knife. Look at the lower shelf and take lye, polyvinyl acetate and a wire brush. Come back to the plank. Soak the brush in polyvinyl and secure the plank. Combine the glove with the wire brush and pour lye into the bowl. Soak the brush in the bowl. Then use the brush to clean the plank. Pour water from the water can on the plank. Finally, scrape polyvinyl acetate you applied before off the plank with the putty knife.

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jul 10, 11 4:52 AM
You must be reading from the same walkthrough for this game that I am because all of those things are exactly what I am doing and in that sequence. When I get to combining the brush and polyvinyl acetate, it won't combine in inventory. If I cannot combine the brush and chemical together, then I cannot continue doing anything further with the plank, since that is the first part of the process.
I understand what I should do, the problem is that those 2 items refuse to combine in inventory.
I hope somebody can help me, I hate to quit halfway through.

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jul 10, 11 10:11 AM
Euraka!
There are actually 2 bushes in inventory. I was trying to combine the brush that I found under the table with the poly-acetate. But, just now I noticed another brush found earlier in the game and the poly-acetate combined with that brush. Then, the brush found under the table was the one to use with the bowl and the lye. So, you are dealing with 2 different brushes here.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 10, 11 10:16 AM
Well done

Go to: