I can't get the machete

[Post New]by Bonehead58 on Jul 9, 11 2:06 PM
I've searched all around the bubbling area in the trees, but can't get the machete. Most of the time I get a pop-up message that the machete will be useful later on. Very frustrating.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Re:I can't get the machete

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 9, 11 2:31 PM
hi bonehead

i haven't played this game but in others when it says 'the (whatever the items is) will be useful later on' it usually means you can't pick it up yet but once you reach a part of the game where you need the item then you can go back & will find you can.

Hope that is true for you

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:I can't get the machete

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 22, 12 4:07 PM

SOMEHOW, I clicked on an area where it states that you need to find a way to get across the scorching desert and after completing the first HOS, you get dates and go into the tent to only pick up 1 scarab. Clicking on the same "scorching desert" area, I NO LONGER see that but see a camel.

Fine, feed the camel and we're at an intersection; go left and you're upon another HOS scene and you pick up a raft paddle (raft paddle in the middle of the desert?) -- whatever.

Go right and you're at another HOS area wherein (after completion) it shows stars in the brush where it tells you that you need to find something sharp to cut through the brambles.

OH, BTW, there's another area where it tells you that you need to find a way to get into the tomb -- from the wording, I got the impression that I needed to find something that'll go boom.

NOW, you can't use the raft paddle on the oasis (where the stars are for the thick brambles), you can't use the raft paddle for the entrance of the tomb, and NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO BACKWARDS on, there are NO OTHER HOS areas to pick up ANYTHING else useful.

NOW WHAT???? Where does one go and where in the world would I use the raft paddle?

The "help" is UTTERLY useless as all she can tell you is that you need something sharp to cut through the brambles!!!!!

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

I can't get the machete

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 22, 12 8:53 PM
Bonehead58 wrote:I've searched all around the bubbling area in the trees, but can't get the machete. Most of the time I get a pop-up message that the machete will be useful later on. Very frustrating.

Okay, after perusing the 1st picture of the walkthrough, I discovered that in the 1st scene of the game, there are 4 directions that a person could go -- upper left, lower left, upper right, and lower right. After ascertaining that fact, I found the machete from an HOS area and it had to have been from the upper left exit as I'd not gone there yet.

HOWEVER, you will not be able to use it immediately as the game wants you to go through the desert (with the canteen) which is your upper right exit -- the camel is in the lower right exit and the abandoned camp is in the lower left.

I have just finished this game but I have to say that it was a bit frustrating to do so.

MEnr56

Go to: