bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Master of Defense forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Master of Defense forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Master of Defense players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

ROMFT
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:Welcome to Master of Defense forum

[Post New]by ROMFT on Mar 20, 09 4:26 PM
Been playing this for some time now, but am still trying to find out what the Other use for cold magic is? or did it get forgotten about?

vickijb
Clownfish
Clownfish
687 Posts

[Post New]by vickijb on Mar 27, 09 6:41 AM
When it's fully upgraded the cold magic will temporarily freeze the monsters in place, allowing your towers more time to fire.

Candukay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,319 Posts

[Post New]by Candukay on Apr 5, 09 3:48 PM
This was really hard for me, I couldn't get past the 2nd level!!

ROMFT
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by ROMFT on May 7, 09 9:05 AM
vickijb wrote:When it's fully upgraded the cold magic will temporarily freeze the monsters in place, allowing your towers more time to fire.

I understand that, But it does say that there is another use for cold magic, that will be explained later - like the fire, though you can upgrade a tower to also use fire.

[Post New]by UNLUCKY63 on May 30, 09 3:45 AM
OK, I loved playing this game. I've chewed up all the levels in normal mode, and now I am playing the survival mode. I find that no matter what strategy I choose, the speed of the monsters along the path gets too great around level 140 to slow or damage them effectively. I cannot advance beyond level 149, however, when I go to post my score online I find I am nowhere near the top. It seems to me the game is designed for failer at between levels 140 and 150 with the available upgrades. BUT, the online high score is 499! What gives? Anybody else frustrated with this? Has anybody broken the 150 level mark? I can't comprehend a score of 499 given how quickly the monsters accelerate at level 140 without using cheats, which I can't find. It doesn't seem right that people can post such scores if they're cheating. Anybody else have any thoughts on this matter?

[Post New]by blasterbits on Jun 6, 09 7:28 AM
hi unlucky,i have been playing this game for over 12 months and there is no way you can get over 151 so there has gotta be a cheat . it might improve the game if there was no limit to power uos, who knows?

[Post New]by haroldhill on Jun 26, 09 2:53 PM
You can get past 151. i just scored 199. You need to sell all of excess towers at the end of the last round to regain the $$$. I think the scoring is based on money on hand and number of survivors.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Aug 14, 09 4:02 AM
Well I feel totally lame here but I cannot get past level three, the ice one. Have tried so many times and am so frustrated with it, I don't play it much anymore, but really wish I could. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I put fire in the pathway and upgrade them. I've tried the tower that does both air and land, the ice tower, land tower, and the air tower. Please, how do I get past this level?! A screen shot of how you set up your towers would be fantastic.

dindaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by dindaz on Aug 15, 09 11:59 AM
I think when it comes to the scoring there is some confusion on this forum. On survival mode I can't can't get past level 140 whereas on the actual game my score is always above 230. There is no last level on survival mode and selling towers is no use as levels based on how long you can survive.

[Post New]by gramma91 on Sep 7, 09 2:02 PM
SOME TIPS, FOR WHATEVER THEY ARE WORTH . . . I bought the game when it was on the $2.99 special, thinking my grandson would like to play it when he came over. Well, we played it, didn't do very well, but later I became determined to finish the game mode. Well, I finally did it, not with a terrific score, but finished it nonetheless. Actually, there appears to be a lot of strategy in the game even though you don't do a lot while the monsters are making their way to attack the "population." I did figure out a few tips . . . although I'd sure like to hear some of the better ones from the people who are scoring 400+ because I was nowhere near that number. I tried to figure out the pattern of land versus air monsters and which levels of each stage they appeared in. I also figured out which type of monsters appeared in the last level of each round. I concentrated on the land, then air, and eventually, maybe about the 3rd stage (the marsh or the next stage), added the plant towers along with lots of poison. At the end of the second to last round of each stage, I started selling back my towers; if, for example, the last round had only land monsters, I sold off all my air towers, then sold as many of my land towers as I could after the monsters were out of there range and before the last level finished. Then when you start the next stage of the game, you get extra population, depending on how many points you gain by selling off towers. As far as the power-ups, I don't have those down pat, but I found out that by starting with increasing speed, then tower damage, I did better than I did when I originally started by giving my population higher resistance. So, I increased speed, damage, and range, after which I added the cold power-up, very helpful, by the way Then I added a plant tower with sufficient poison to make it worthwhile. Before I finished the last level, I had added all the power-ups available. I finished the game. I enjoyed the strategy and will play it some more to try to improve my defensive moves (i.e., what power-ups work better, etc.). If you stick to it, you can beat it! As I said, there is a lot more to the game than originally meets the eye, and it was lots of fun. Good luck!

dindaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by dindaz on Sep 11, 09 1:57 PM
I managed to get 389 points today by ensuring I sold all of my towers before the next level, this gives you a higher population on the next level and more points by the time it's completed...still can't get past level 142 on survivor mode though!

[Post New]by themeofmine on Sep 12, 09 7:01 AM
I am not a pro yet. But I did find something that works pretty darm well for me. At the end of level one I use all of the expeirienc points in Poison Magic. Then I begin each susequent level by maxing out a plant tower. The rate of fire on a level ten plant is awsome and the poison power hurts the monsters for a long time after the get hit.

[Post New]by GeneralZarr on Sep 13, 09 11:03 PM
A few tricks here

1) if possible, place your towers where they can hit enemies multiple times. For instance, in the grassy and the desert levels, if you place towers between the two roads, they'll be able to attack the enemy twice.
2) you can place a land tower towards the beginning of the path and not waste the firepower, but otherwise, level 10 plants (with poison) are the way to go.
3) team up your towers with ice rocks. These things will let you grab a few stragglers, which gives you a ton more shots on the bad guys. Also super effective against the occasional boss monster.
4) when you have the baloon, place it over one of the points at which your ice rocks are freezing batches of bad guys.

[Post New]by themeofmine on Sep 18, 09 6:09 AM
Why can't I use expirience points anywhere but after the first level (the city)? I have gone through 178 raids (is that levels?) and am on the one with teh rocks and wooden bridges but I am getting hammered. I could really use the expirience points to give myself more power. Can we apply those points anytime after the city level?

dindaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by dindaz on Oct 4, 09 6:52 AM
you spend your experience points by clicking the + sign to the right of the speed selecter line

[Post New]by mal_ko_ord on Nov 4, 09 5:26 PM
putting ice towers at corners
so that they can fire straight up the roads
slowed the monsters down enough for me to get to level 145.

i'm still far from mathematically perfect

Klimiac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Klimiac on Jan 1, 10 1:19 PM
saulsim wrote:Good game. Like upgrading my towers.
3 different towers, land, air, and half land half air(not so strong).
They shoot at the monsters. Have to try not to let the monsters destroy
your people.
For another game like this try
Garden Defence

Klimiac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

ROMFT USE FOR COLD

[Post New]by Klimiac on Jan 1, 10 1:35 PM
THE BALLON DOSE COLD DAMAGE IS THE OTHER USE

[Post New]by Felsap on Jul 24, 10 9:47 PM
I have had this game for over two years now. It is still my favorite game. I have finished normal, legend and master mode on it with scores ranging between 490 and 499 But my favorite to play is the survival mode. I have actually gotten to level 252 in survival mode, but, I have never been able to beat it in survival mode. That might be why it still holds my interest. You just have to put your towers where they will do the most good. In the second stage when you can use your points, put them into gold income for the first few levels, You get 20 points per level. You will need to have one or two ice towers by level 11 (it cost 100 points to get the first level of ice towers), that is when you get your first boss land monster. After you get your ice towers go back to putting your points into getting more money. Somewhere between level 21-23 start putting your points into disassembling rate. When that is maxed out, you get the most for your towers when you take them down on the last level. As soon as that is maxed out then get your gold income points maxed out. The more gold you have, the more towers you can build! This should help get you started on the right foot. I only use fire in Survival mosde. I do not waste points on fire in regular gameplay, just ice and posion along with tower attack spped, attack range and tower damage. When you reach the later stages of the game the attack range is a deal breaker. If you don't have it you are doing yourself a disservice! Good luck!

Go to: