mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Please help Sylvie make the water pipes work after reading about her problem

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jul 11, 11 9:13 AM
Still in Cairo, Sylvie has the pot for milk and cannopt, which is expected in this game. However, Sylvie goes to the water pipes to put water in the trough, but when she attemptts to turn any of the handles on the valves she is told " A complex system of water distribution. I don't see any reason to change it". Also, she can't change it, the system doesn't let her, just says the same thing. And, the camels behavior is the same, no way to milk.
Would picking up the shaving brush too early have any affect on the play here? I saved the game after picking up the brush --this is the only thing I can think of that I have done out of sequence. Or can you advise as to some other reason Sylvie keeps getting that message?

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Re:Please help Sylvie make the water pipes work after reading about her problem

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jul 11, 11 9:20 AM
There's a typo in the first part of my message---I was trying to say that Sylvie cannot milk the camel and the water pipes are turning Sylvie away from working on them by telling her there isn't any reason to change the arrangement. Sylvie has the milking pot in inventory, picked up the brush earlier and saved, could that be the problem? I don't think it is, I don't know what it is.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jul 11, 11 9:55 PM
When you get that message it means you need to do something else before you are ready to supply water for the camel.

The walkthrough here at Bfg is really not very good -- it leaves out a lot. I would suggest doing a search and finding one at another site. There are several out there.

Before you can milk the camel have you:
washed the scarf and hung it to dry so you know that you need milk?
talked to Ali and have him tell you where you can get milk?
got the coffee grounds from the cafe?

Those are just a few things that I remember that need to be done.

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jul 12, 11 6:10 AM
Thanks for your reply---I had done all the things you suggested, finally got the water to flow tho by pulling the milking pot out of inventory and holding it against the camel--prior to that time the camel was backing away and she continued to do that, but just getting the pot out of inventory and holding it up close to the camel seemed to solve the problem.

Go to: