'Playing patiently' award

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Jul 11, 11 1:31 PM
Most of the awards are self-explanatory, but I can't figure out what I have to do to get this award. Do I have to play for a very long time, or do I have to play a level without using any power-ups? Or is it something else entirely?

Re:'Playing patiently' award

[Post New]by Brad_Gammage on Jul 13, 11 10:18 AM
I believe there's already an award for playing an 'advanced' level without using powerups, so it's not that.
I've completed the whole game & even played levels after 100% and still not unlocked the 'patiently' award, so it's not length of time played.

It could be something as simple as waiting for on-screen instructions/promts and end of level bonuses to be displayed before clicking.
Or possibly waiting for the girl on-screen to walk to a newly purchased upgrade & making a comment.
Or even for not using a power-up to finish a level, for example using the chicken to zap that awkward stuck in a dead end tile.

I am currently playing through again using the above three examples, will post if I receive this last elusive award.

[Post New]by KatOh9 on Jul 19, 11 10:59 PM
I haven't got it yet, but if it sticks with the Farm Frenzy theme, it's probably "spend 45 minutes on a level."

[Post New]by THEROC on Aug 3, 11 10:26 AM
Finally! I have all of the awards. I sat on this game for 15 minutes and received the "Playing Patiently" award. So, good luck to you, it can be done!
Sorry, you play one level for approx. 15 minutes. I was playing the bonus levels at the time.

Edited on 08/03/2011 at 10:28:48 AM PST

[Post New]by bnljaney on Aug 6, 11 10:53 AM
I thought I got mine when I let the game sit for a few minutes without doing anything but maybe it was just that I had taken 15 minutes to do that level.

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Aug 8, 11 12:12 AM
Hmmm... it must be more than playing a level for 15+ minutes. I'm way past the 100% completed point and played a level for 35 minutes after reading your post - and didn't get this award - I was LOSING MY PATIENCE!! LOL LOL

It looks like 2 of you have managed to get the award so far. How many points do you have - maybe that's a key.

Thanks!

Edited on 08/08/2011 at 12:13:57 AM PST

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Aug 8, 11 12:51 AM
bnljaney wrote:I thought I got mine when I let the game sit for a few minutes without doing anything but maybe it was just that I had taken 15 minutes to do that level.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! This is an award for..... doing NOTHING for about 15 minutes!!!! So - start a level, make a couple of moves, then.... go brush your teeth, get a cup of coffee (as the award picture suggests), do some laundry.... come back about 15 minutes later, and you have a reward! If you want to SEE it being awarded to you, you have to be watching the screen. It comes and goes in seconds.

sherheff
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by sherheff on Aug 10, 11 8:18 PM
Playing for over 15 minutes didn't work for me...have done several times, with no reward.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Sep 6, 11 6:49 PM
Thanks for explaining what this award is all about. It was driving me nuts! I've finished the game, and now I'm going to go and start both a new game and some laundry. That ought to get me the award!

Zacx
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Zacx on Sep 6, 11 7:53 PM
edp1730 wrote:
bnljaney wrote:I thought I got mine when I let the game sit for a few minutes without doing anything but maybe it was just that I had taken 15 minutes to do that level.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! This is an award for..... doing NOTHING for about 15 minutes!!!! So - start a level, make a couple of moves, then.... go brush your teeth, get a cup of coffee (as the award picture suggests), do some laundry.... come back about 15 minutes later, and you have a reward! If you want to SEE it being awarded to you, you have to be watching the screen. It comes and goes in seconds.

Thanks edp1730! I got it because of your post!

Lily_Lane
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Lily_Lane on Nov 8, 11 8:53 PM
Actually 5 minutes will do it. I just timed it and got the award after exactly 5 minutes of inactivity.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: 'Playing patiently' award

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 24, 14 3:21 PM
I believe Lily Lane is right. I made a very few moves, went away, and it was much nearer 5 minutes than 15 later when the award noise sounded.

Durned silly thing to give an award for, IMHO!

Edited on 08/24/2014 at 3:21:35 PM PST

Go to: