lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

How do I knock the hat off the garden gnome?

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jul 11, 11 1:49 PM
In the 13th frame of the WT, it states to check the mail box and then knock the hat off the gnome to get the key to the front door. When I attempted to do so, nothing happens. The picture in the WT frame does not show any tool used to knock the hat off, nor is anything mentioned about a tool being needed.

Next I went back and reviewed the previous 12 frames in the WT to see if I missed an inventory item needed to knock the hat off, however, there is nothing I missed.

The WT then continues giving instructions once opening the front door. Have I missed something or was the WT not done properly?

So far, this looks like a game that will definitely peak my interest!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:How do I knock the hat off the garden gnome?

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 11, 11 1:54 PM
Hi there lovetoocraft,
Do you have a chisel?
Cheers

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jul 11, 11 2:46 PM
Yes. The chisel is in my inventory and when I used it, the chisel went back into the inventory with a note stating something about item cannot be used at this time. At the time, it made sense to use the chisel and I tried it a few times with the same results.

I am going to close out the game, reload it and try it again. If I have the same results, I will contact tech support now that I know the chisel is what I need.

Thank you for answering so quickly.

EDIT NOTE: Closing out the game and reloading solved the problem. This time when I used the chisel it worked.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Edited on 07/11/2011 at 2:50:12 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 11, 11 2:50 PM
Hi there,
When, the chisel might not be the solution, I was just trying to remember what I think I did. (And sometimes the most logical answer is not the one in games!!!)
Before you uninstall etc again, have you checked the photo album? There might be somewhere else to go to get the solution for this.
Cheers
Edited - Oh good. Hope you continue on without any more problems.

Edited on 07/11/2011 at 2:52:08 PM PST

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jul 11, 11 10:15 PM
Thanks DragonLady for checking back to make sure I got it. Much appreciated.

Go to: