bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Mini Robot Wars technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 12, 11 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Mini Robot Wars technical issues here only

[Post New]by kaartendraak on Jul 12, 11 8:04 AM
I have e-mailed support at Bigfish allready, but maybe someone has an answer here too.

The trial version worked fine for the whole hour. I then bought it with a game credit, it starts up, I can choose robots but right after I click on okay and the playing field appears the game gets shut down by windows and I can choose if I want to send an error report or not. I have no idea what happens there, so I hopw BF support or someone here knows the answer. Maybe it's just a simple thing of rebooting my pc, I will try and start the game tonight after dinner, but if doesn't work then......

pogon
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by pogon on Jul 12, 11 9:13 AM
Hi !

The game wont open at all !
I get this message :
"Could not reset Direct 3D device
This sample will now exit"
Any hints !

Gameregards / PeO

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 12, 11 10:37 AM
Hey pogon,

This particular error message sometimes appears if your video card is outdated. If you would like to check for an update, please follow the steps in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps can definitely assist you with the game. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jul 12, 11 1:07 PM
I have the issue that the screen for picking your robots in full screen mode is blank. However, if I play in window mode then it works (I don't want to play in window mode). Actually in full screen the robots are there - I can't see them, but if I randomly click where they should be I am clicking on them.

fluffitude
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fluffitude on Jul 12, 11 6:57 PM
I was going to buy this game but I also have the issue where in full screen I cannot choose the robots (the pick screen is "invisible"). I'm running vista and my driver is the most current for the nvidia card.

shame..looks like a game similar to plants vs. zombies and I thoroughly enjoyed that one.

fix?

Edited on 07/12/2011 at 7:10:06 PM PST

[Post New]by ceegar on Jul 12, 11 11:01 PM
I have the same issue, in full screen mode when you go to select the robots they are "invisible." Randomly clicking works but it isn't much fun. I want to buy this game, will there be a fix?

[Post New]by kaartendraak on Jul 13, 11 1:55 AM
re-installing game didn't work, i still get to the part where windows closes the game down after I chose robots on stage 2-1 where I then can choose to send an error report or not. So frustrating when you know the trail version worked perfectly fine for a whole hour.

fluffitude
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fluffitude on Jul 15, 11 1:10 PM
So, out of 5 issues reported in this forum, three people reported not being able to see the selection screen and BF hasn't responded (nor did they respond to my email).

They used to have a remarkable customer service....not so much anymore, I guess. Why bother posting?

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jul 16, 11 4:23 AM
fluffitude wrote:So, out of 5 issues reported in this forum, three people reported not being able to see the selection screen and BF hasn't responded (nor did they respond to my email).

They used to have a remarkable customer service....not so much anymore, I guess. Why bother posting?

Agreed. I guess next time they send me an e-mail announcing their latest game - I'll just do the same ... Completely ignore it.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Jul 22, 11 8:10 AM
I'm having the same problem as kaartendraak, only it worked for 2 days before acting up. My grandson's love this game! HELP!!!!!

[Post New]by tndkuhn on Sep 29, 12 9:19 PM
If I remember correctly, there are two possible fixes to the invisible robot screen. Although neither is optimal. You can run the game windowed or you can also try all the different game resolutions, at least one of them should work properly. I will warn you though that this seems to be an incompatibility problem with Win Vista,

I have played on Win XP and Win 7 and it seems to work fine. However, playing in Win Vista you first off have the invisible robot issue, but at some point you will probably also crash like kaartendraak and be unable to advance any further unless you play in a different version of windows or the game is updated to work with Vista.

[Post New]by SchottenTotten on Nov 24, 12 7:30 PM
I happily played this game all the way to lvl 5-2 and then it got so glitchy that it was unplayable. I did everything I found here to no avail. I made a new character and started playing from lvl 1 and all was well until lvl 3-1 this time around. The games starts getting so choppy, starting and stopping that it was unbearable. Sad for such a fun game.

not enought VDO

[Post New]by wellychocolate on May 24, 13 3:01 AM
game wont start at all ,down loaded fine, but each time you press start it comes up with not enough VDO husband says we have a geforce 480 gtx what ever the hell that is with one Gb .

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 24, 13 3:52 AM
Hi wellychocolate,

I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to open correctly or returns a message like this instead of launching, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by liamrein on Sep 1, 13 3:16 AM
I can't get past Iron Fortress 5-5... There is a robot at the last surge that won't come out so I can't kill it. I tried all kinds of bombs but it won't work. help please. Is this a glitch?

[Post New]by imagiqc on Nov 30, 13 5:24 PM
I have Mini Robot Wars installed on my laptop, and have played through every level twice. On the third and last go-through, however, at level 3-9, everything works fine right until you have all of your bots selected. Once you actually start to play the level, it lags the entire game down to a near-freeze, and does not speed up. I have checked my computer for any malware that might cause the lag, and have found none.

Help?

Go to: