bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Mini Robot Wars

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 12, 11 12:34 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mini Robot Wars? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mini Robot Wars

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jul 12, 11 1:22 AM
Well. it's not Plant vs. Zombies, but you have to pick your defense robots and plan your strategy against the attack robots. First you have to buy robots to make other robots (sunflowers?), and then, judging by the attack robots (you get a sneak preview), decide whether you need ground/aerial or both, defense.

It's fun, and I'm going to buy it. I would certainly recommend a trial, I played for half an hour before deciding (well, 10 minutes convinced me to be honest).

I've just got to the level where I am limited by the 'types' of defense robots I can use, so I can't use all of them, shall I drop ground, cannon, helicopter or shield? Hmmmmmmm?

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 12, 11 3:25 AM
Another cute, lovely and fun game! Tower-Defense style game, a bit similar to PZ but many differences. Instead of growing plants you have to picking robots, arrange it so it can won the war with the enemy, requires lots of strategy. Quite a fun game and yes, Addictive! I'm now thinking of buying it because there're not many this kind of game, will see....

Grades:

Graphics: B
Story: ??? Nothing Much!
Music: B
Characters: A
Features: B
Gameplay: A
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 12, 11 4:41 AM
This is a very different game. I personally lost the interest within only a few minutes, because its not my cup of tea. Happy gaming everyone

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Jul 12, 11 5:47 AM
I'm also a huge fan of Plants vs. Zombies and like this game. But I wish you could see more of the playing field, because quite a bit of the time you're just sitting there looking at your own robots waiting for the enemy robots to appear.

Edited on 07/12/2011 at 4:41:29 PM PST

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Jul 12, 11 8:53 AM
I am a fan of Plants vs. Zombies and was hoping for a game to come out that was as much fun as that one is, I don't think anything can beat P-V-Z but this one is fun and possible will come close. I played for about 10 min and had to buy, I think my grandsons ages 10-11 will love this one too.
Give it a try and have a little patience at the beginning like P-V-Z you have to wait for the (sunflowers to grow) if you know what I mean. not sure what the little things are that have to grow in this game lol I guess little robots, or not

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jul 12, 11 3:27 PM
Very similar to Plants vs Zombies. I agree with "gmmace", the playing field could be larger. Good graphics and game play. I don't like having to go back to menu to access lab but lots of fun non-the-less.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jul 15, 11 3:44 AM
I'm not at all familiar with this type of game , however, my 13 yr old grandson is visiting and since he really like Plants vs Zombies I showed it to him. We d/l-ed and he played for about 15 minutes before saying it was boring and that he did not want me to purchase it for him. So sorry but it is a for us but good to all who did enjoy it. Happy Gaming Fishies

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Jul 20, 11 3:37 PM
I'm surprised there are so few reviews.

This game is similar to Plants vs Zombies, if you like PvZ, pretty sure you will like this one too.

I love this game , actually more than PvZ, the mini robots are so cute. In Plants, you can only put the plants on one level and the zombies only come from one direction, except the balloon ones. In this game, the terrain is uneven and the enemies come from different levels so I think there is more of a challenge.

I'm not good at explaining, give this great game a try!

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 3:37:52 PM PST

[Post New]by AdriannaDeste1 on Jul 31, 11 8:08 AM
I loved this game... and, as was said previously, much like plants v zombies however, this one has "mission stages" that get increasingly difficult in order to pass to the next level. I was thoroughly enjoying the game until I got stuck! haha

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Aug 8, 11 3:15 AM
I love PvZ, and love this game too. Best game that BF have brought out in ages, IMO.

[Post New]by dhutchinson9178 on Sep 20, 11 6:07 PM
I just purchased this game for my grand kids. The game appears to me to be totally "pointless"! What do you do? It seems there is no control over and above putting a cannon on the ground to slow-down the "bad-guys". You only get to place a mini robot every so many seconds. And the other two "good-guys" are not available all the time!?!!??! What am I not understanding??? The grand-kids love it, but want help!!! I am totally lost in giving them "pointers"!! Help.................! I play involved, detailed games a great deal! I simply don't know what to do.... Thanks

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Oct 16, 11 11:41 AM
This is a great game. But I absolutely DETEST the Mission levels! Spoils it for me and I wish I could skip them, especially later in the game when they get harder.

tcby2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by tcby2 on Nov 2, 11 6:24 PM
ElizabethR1533 wrote:This is a great game. But I absolutely DETEST the Mission levels! Spoils it for me and I wish I could skip them, especially later in the game when they get harder.

I totally agree with your hatred over the Mission stages. Same here especially with the final mission of "the last stand". I even suspected that the game testers played a joke on us. If not, they must be a bunch of sadists. The only way I managed to pass the final stage was that I geared down the game speed by 4 times, so that when the ray of death was about to come out, I could rearrange robots in time.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Dec 11, 11 5:51 AM
I played thirteen minutes. That was ten minutes too much.

[Post New]by chriscone on Jan 27, 12 1:40 PM
This game like plants vs zombies has a good deal of side games and in addition it has further levels once you complete the final mission. Bottom line is if you like tower defense games, this one has great value!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 14, 12 9:21 PM
dhutchinson9178 wrote:What do you do? It seems there is no control over and above putting a cannon on the ground to slow-down the "bad-guys". You only get to place a mini robot every so many seconds. And the other two "good-guys" are not available all the time!?!!??! What am I not understanding???
Tower defense games are all about setting assets up and leaving them in place to do their jobs.

You need to begin by building more than one energy generator (Fusors, they may be called, not that it matters), so that you'll have enough green points to buy and place other good guys. Trust me, the attack won't come while you're preparing. (Or if it ever does, you can always restart the level.)

There are two reasons you may not be able to post a defender:
1. You don't have the energy points. (Check current reserve against cost.)
2. That type of defender hasn't regenerated enough. (Check the "card" pic: How close to the top has the color risen?)

After the very first few rounds, you need a mixture of ground and antiaircraft artillery to deal w/ all the invaders. Eventually you can station airborne artillery at a level above the ground to attack invaders coming along an opposing cliff--until they drop off.

I'm not sure exactly how useful the shield-bearer is. If you decide to buy, it would definitely be worth experimenting to decide if an extra attack 'bot is better than a defense 'bot.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Nov 12, 12 9:54 AM
I read a lot of criticism of the mission stages. They probably belong in an “enthusiast” type of game rather than one for the casual gamer, as you would expect this game to be from the cute graphics. I've found the mission stages are not really as hard as they appear at first, you just need to do a bit of analysis, but I'll admit they do test my reactions to the limit. I quite like the game both for the challenge of the mission stages and the ordinary stages in the extra two campaigns, Revenge and Last Stand. I've had to use all kinds of different tactics and bots in the extra campaigns, and it has been fun for me. I'm just up to the Iron Fortress on Last Stand at the moment. For me it has been worthwhile, but then I'm half-way between casual and serious in my gaming, so I can understand the criticisms of people who find the difficulty level is too great and there is no option to play on an easier difficulty.

Go to: