bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Jigsaws Galore technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 12, 11 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BillFrugge
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

Re:Post any Jigsaws Galore technical issues here only

[Post New]by BillFrugge on Jul 16, 11 8:07 AM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed the same problems on the Mac...

I noticed print option in the menu, so decided to see what that would do. The program crashes at that point.

I started to create a new puzzle from one of my pictures. In my Pictures folder, I noticed the iPhoto library and tried to use it. The program does not recognize that file and then crashes/quits. No problem, though, selecting iPhoto from the sidebar and navigating through events.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 4, 11 2:08 PM
Hi BillFrugge,

We now have a new Mac version of this game that fixes random crash issues throughout the game. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by kentuckydee on Feb 9, 12 6:16 AM
I downloaded the trial game which had 200 puzzles. It installed a software to play it and poof it was over in about 10 minutes. There was no 1 hour trial. I was highly disappointed. Now because it says Trial Over, I can't fix it.

armadillogirl
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by armadillogirl on Oct 17, 12 2:51 PM
Is anybody having a problem with the cursor not releasing the placed 'piece'? I was really getting frustrated. I had to click the piece several times to get it to release the puzzle piece. I contacted HP, who sold me my computer and their tech advised that I check of Microsoft updates as I might had missed one. Turns out, I had missed 3 updates. Now it still sticks but not as often and I don't have to click the pieces forty-five times when it does stick. I adjusted my mouse down a few notches but that doesn't seem to do anything. If anybody knows how I can get it to not stick at all, I'd really appreciate knowing what I can do.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 17, 12 3:07 PM
Hi armadillogirl,

In addition to the updates that HP advised, you can also check out our help article here that covers some basic troubleshooting steps that may help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to notice that happening, you can also see if uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself helps. More information on doing that can be found here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what's happening and they can assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Oct 21, 12 2:32 PM
armadillogirl wrote:Is anybody having a problem with the cursor not releasing the placed 'piece'? ... If anybody knows how I can get it to not stick at all, I'd really appreciate knowing what I can do.

This may be the game's "Click to hold" feature. If you click a piece without moving it, you are then holding it, which saves having to hold the left mouse down while dragging.

You can disable this, if you don't like it. Go to the games Options/Preferences menu and find the Mouse page there. Uncheck the option that says "Click to hold".

Without this, you must now hold the left mouse button down while dragging pieces around. However, if you have a middle mouse button or scroll button, you can still use that to hold pieces.

Hope this helps

~ David

2itchy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 2itchy on Nov 12, 12 11:36 PM
I've done every puzzle over and over again. All of a sudden the sharpness & brightness of colors of the pieces has changed....almost transparent looking which makes it difficult. When the puzzle is put together it's normal and crisp looking. Any ideas? I've uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing. Also any idea if there will be more coming out?

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Nov 13, 12 10:25 AM
Hi 2itchy

Please wait for an official reply and if you don't get a successful resolution to this problem you are welcome to PM me.

~ David

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 13, 13 7:17 AM
First off, I want to say that I love this game. I have worked every puzzle in it and have re-worked some of them. But I'm now having a problem and need help.

I scanned through the various discussion headings here in this game forum and didn't notice any that addressed the problem I have been having. Therefore, I've started a new discussion. If you have the answer, please reply.

I decided I wanted to create puzzles from pictures, images, etc., I have on my computer. So I set to work doing it on various ones available. I was enjoying creating and working puzzles from family photographs, etc. Those seemed to work fine. But when I branched out and made puzzles from computer wallpapers, etc., the problems began.

I made several puzzles of this kind in one sitting... then I closed out the game to do other things. Later, when I opened the game to work puzzles, I got an error code with the title of one of my new computer wallpaper puzzles in it. If I clicked on "cancel", the game would immediately close. If I clicked on "continue", it would allow me to go back to the game screen, but when I clicked on the area near the new puzzle, the game would immediately close. I re-opened the game several times and it did the same thing. I finally managed to get it to stay open long enough for me to delete the new computer wallpaper puzzle named in the error code. Then, I was able to do other things as I normally would.

But later, the error code popped up again with another of the new computer wallpaper puzzles' title in it. The same problem with the game closing started happening again, so I, again, deleted the puzzle in question. This happened several times. Each time with a new computer wallpaper puzzle I had created. It was a hassle... so I finally decided to go through and delete ALL the new computer wallpaper puzzles I'd created.

This is such a disappointment, for one of the reasons I chose THIS jigsaw puzzle game was because it offered the feature of allowing the player to create puzzles from other pictures, etc.

If you have had this problem and know how to solve it, please reply. I want to be able to create dozens of new puzzles to add to my game... but not if they are going to start the hassle of the error codes popping up and making the game close.

Classicaljazz

P.S. I'm putting a copy of this post here in the technical issues thread also, since no one replied to my post in the regular area. Please reply if you can help with this.

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on May 14, 13 7:13 AM
Hi Classicaljazz

Please contact Big Fish Games’ Customer Support staff via e-mail support system (accessed through the Help Pages) or Live Chat, thanks.

~ David

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 8:05:45 AM PST

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Jul 1, 13 9:36 AM
I am not sure if I am in the right place, but if not can you please forward to the right person that handles this problem.

I bought awhile back as in April 2013 the PC game ( Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition ) I would like to know when are you going to get this game fixed. The Buldger, ( If spelled right not sure) in the game you should not break that wall to get it to go threw the game. I really would love to buy this game to play but as I was saying its broke. So please contact me back if this game is fixed for me to buy again. Thank you, Cindy

[Post New]by revjan on Aug 15, 13 5:27 PM
I love this game but when I load my own pictures even though I create a puzzle and tell it 250 pieces or 325 pieces it always come out exactly the same. I cannot change the puzzles. what's up with that?

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Sep 21, 13 9:44 AM
Hi revjan

revjan wrote:I love this game but when I load my own pictures even though I create a puzzle and tell it 250 pieces or 325 pieces it always come out exactly the same. I cannot change the puzzles. what's up with that?

Hope this reply isn't too late for you. It sounds like you set a preference for the number of pieces using the "Choose..." button and this is simply overriding the suggested number which is in your jigsaw. The Choose button settings override whatever settings are in the jigsaw itself.

To stop overriding the number of pieces, click on the Choose button again and set the number of pieces to "Use jigsaw setting". This will return things to how they were, and you are all set.

[Post New]by JulieGrays on Mar 30, 14 9:29 PM
Irecommended Jigsaws Galore to a friend because I just LOVE this game. She purchased it and downloaded it. When she tried to open it, this is what happened and the error message it gave her:

when I clicked to play, an error message came up with a white x in a red circle and it said, "Cannot find import, DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File openal32.dll", error 126"

Is there something she can do about this? Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Go to: