bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 14, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by mixinitupright on Jul 14, 11 3:48 AM
What does "error unpacking games code2, please contact author" mean exactly? How do I tell who the "author"is? How do you contact the author to let them know?

flman
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by flman on Jul 14, 11 8:59 AM
I have the same thing ???

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 14, 11 9:36 AM
hi you 2

sorry, can't help with that, but for a better response I'd recommend to post the problem in the "Technical Issues thread" and/or contact BFG's Customer Service via the green envelope at the right side ==>

Good luck!

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Jul 14, 11 9:51 PM
I got the demo link to this before they ever released it, came with a survey, needless to say I was mad when the rest of the game wasn't there. So, probably gonna kick myself for not waiting for tech news, but buying the game outright, I want to know what happens next.

F.A.C.E.S. 's Question for 2nd Floor

[Post New]by Merryweather on Jul 14, 11 11:48 PM
I have gone back over every inch of this game and searched the guide, and cannot find the bells for the phone on the 2nd floor. The first mention of the bells I can find in the Strategy Guide is when it tells you to put the bells on the phone.

Can anyone please give me a push in the right direction. This is driving me crazy.

TIA
Merryweather

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Jul 16, 11 8:57 AM
As I played the trial version, it became obvious that I had played this game before - some slight differences, but identical scenes etc. I have noticed before in "new" games their will be scenes from other games that I have played, but in this one, for as far as I got, I know I have played it before....

Am I going crazy?

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

F.A.C.E.S. 's Question for 2nd Floor

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Jul 17, 11 3:30 PM
Merryweather wrote:I have gone back over every inch of this game and searched the guide, and cannot find the bells for the phone on the 2nd floor. The first mention of the bells I can find in the Strategy Guide is when it tells you to put the bells on the phone.

Can anyone please give me a push in the right direction. This is driving me crazy.

TIA
Merryweather

Aloha Merryweather, I can help you find the bells, if you haven't found them yet.

SPOILER: they are on the phone on the wall, on the left side of the door that goes to the guy with the wings.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Jul 17, 11 4:26 PM
Aloha Fishies ~ I just got F.A.C.E.S. (CE) two days ago, after playing the demo and getting hooked in by the odd and disquieting story-line and the gorgeous graphics. I love "dark and eerie" style adventure games, and this ranks right up there with some of my favorites, such as MCF: Dire Grove (CE), Phantasmat (CE), and Mystery Trackers: Raincliff (CE). (Sometimes, if I'm not sure I want to get the CE, I'll get the SE and then upgrade to the CE later, depending on how much I liked the game.)

This game captured my attention from the start, with it's unusual story-line and intriguing characters. The puzzles were a good mix of entertaining, and frustrating (had to check the SG a few times as it got deeper into the game-play, but I'm also a bit dyslexic, so that may be part of it, lol), but frustrating in a good way, by which I mean they were more challenging, which is good for "the little grey cells" as Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie's famous Belgian detective) frequently says, when telling someone to use their brains to figure out something.

As I mentioned, the graphics were gorgeous, beautifully rendered! Although, for me, the music was nondescript and forgettable, which is a shame, as they could really have heightened the game-play with music that was far more integral to the game, and engaging, to enhance our experience and immersion into the realm of the senses.

I also loved the Bonus Game, which gives you a great "back-story" into who your character is, and how she came to be locked up in an asylum. Plus it was a substantial length as well, which I always appreciate, so it was well worth it for me to get the CE.

All-in-all, I would rate this: and

I loved it!

[Post New]by Helping__Voice on Jul 19, 11 12:57 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to know, what does F.A.C.E.S mean? Is this abbreviation of something or just a new writing style?

[Post New]by jewel777 on Jul 19, 11 1:44 AM
Well I am totally stuck and it makes me regret I bought this game. I cant for the life of me figure out the Number Puzzle where you pick the random numbers. Grrrr.... I have been back and forth trying to figure out the strat guides strategy but cant seem to grasp the concept. Fooey !!!

Can anyone help ?

the bottle

[Post New]by joanie2 on Jul 19, 11 4:09 PM
where is the bottle to trap the scorpion in the aquarium?

[Post New]by vancellanes on Jul 20, 11 11:16 PM
how does it end???

[Post New]by blueteal on Aug 6, 11 7:53 PM
I have had nothing but problems with F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition I bought the game and cannot load it or reinstall it or nothing, have contacted
Big Fish games 3 times and have had no response, going on 7 days now and
do not know what else to do...................
Considering cancelling my membership.
Anyone else have problems with not being able to download a game previously bought???????????

Edited on 08/06/2011 at 7:53:48 PM PST

mletang
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Welcome to F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by mletang on Aug 28, 11 12:42 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I have a question. I put the Voodoo doll in the furnace and it won't burn. I have the tweezers and when I try to use them it says there is a better place for this item. What am I doing wrong? I am almost done and have had a lot of fun, but this is really irritating!!!

[Post New]by dlksofie on Sep 4, 11 8:22 AM
I have a problem about activating game which I purchased. I open game manager page, click the activate game. it shows an error 251600. but I couldn't see anything about this error at game manager help. please, could you help me?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 4, 11 3:56 PM
Hi dlksofie,

I'd suggest signing out of your Game Manager and then signing back in to see if that takes care of this.

If that doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support team, and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

P.S. Welcome to the pond, dlksofie!

Edited on 09/04/2011 at 3:56:40 PM PST

Go to: