Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread? Dev response within!

[Post New]by Cordia on Jul 14, 11 12:15 AM
I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be a standard release. Is THIS why the game's release was postponed so long? The devs saw how much people wanted to play it and decided to pump it into a CE?

....yeah, who developed this? Because they're now on my no-buy list.

UPDATE: Askold of Vogat popped in to explain why the change happened. I shouldn't have been so hasty with my judgement, and it's been quite a long time since the game was first announced, so it seems possible that they've had plenty of time to polish things up and add a substantial bonus game. My apologies for being so cranky.

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 2:00:48 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread?

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 14, 11 12:25 AM
This game developed by Vogat (Gravely Silent, Reincarnations, Dark Ritual etc....). So where is Unsolved Mystery Club 2 CE?

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread?

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jul 14, 11 12:30 AM
Cordia wrote:I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be a standard release. Is THIS why the game's release was postponed so long? The devs saw how much people wanted to play it and decided to pump it into a CE?

I have no proof but I was always under the impression this one was to be a CE. May be because how every one raved about it.

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 14, 11 1:24 AM
Dear players,

Let me explain please. F.A.C.E.S. CE is much longer than SE was. We added a HUGE new chapter in the CE. We made the game much longer than it previously was. We care about our players. I hope you enjoy.

In addition, we improved the SE chapters. You've got even better game.

And if you do not want to buy CE - just wait a month please. But I'm sure you will not be disappointed - the new CE chapter is very good, even better than SE. I love F.A.C.E.S. CE.

I wish you enjoyment of the game. Thank you for your choice.

Askold

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 14, 11 1:27 AM
hi askold and welcome to the forum

thank you for coming and letting us know that the game is longer now.

do you know how much longer?

i am still waiting for the download to finish so i can play.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 14, 11 1:44 AM
Hello Askold,

I am happy as I can be that you lengthened the game and are releasing it as a CE. I really appreciate you taking your time to come in personally and explain this to us and I am always looking forward to whatever Vogat releases to us next, I am never disappointed in the games that are developed by your studios.

I am really excited for Reincarnations III to come out.

Thank you again for stopping in.

shadowfax

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 14, 11 1:52 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Hello Askold,

I am happy as I can be that you lengthened the game and are releasing it as a CE. I really appreciate you taking your time to come in personally and explain this to us and I am always looking forward to whatever Vogat releases to us next, I am never disappointed in the games that are developed by your studios.

shadowfax

shadowfax, thank you for warm words. Reincarnations III is coming soon.

Have fun,

Askold

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Jul 14, 11 1:53 AM
Hey Askold,

Thanks for commenting on this personally. Vogat is one of only a few development teams that would compel me to suspend judgement. It is bold for you to come in and explain that it was upgraded to a CE, so I will wait and read the commentary. I'll edit my original post to reflect that, while still leaving my original post intact (so as not to cause confusion).

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 14, 11 1:54 AM
VOGAT wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:Hello Askold,

shadowfax

shadowfax, thank you for warm words. Reincarnations III is coming soon.

Have fun,

Askold
Wow, anorther game is coming! I love your games.

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 14, 11 2:00 AM
amj0963 wrote:hi askold and welcome to the forum

thank you for coming and letting us know that the game is longer now.

do you know how much longer?

i am still waiting for the download to finish so i can play.

About two hours longer (CE). But it depends on the player and game mode.

Askold

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 14, 11 2:29 AM
Cordia wrote:Hey Askold,

Thanks for commenting on this personally. Vogat is one of only a few development teams that would compel me to suspend judgement. It is bold for you to come in and explain that it was upgraded to a CE, so I will wait and read the commentary. I'll edit my original post to reflect that, while still leaving my original post intact (so as not to cause confusion).

Hi Cordia,

Thank you for your interest to our games and our company. Thank you for updating your comment. I hope you enjoy F.A.C.E.S.

Askold

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

Re:Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread? Dev response within!

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jul 14, 11 2:33 AM
Vogat, I LOVE the game. I am only 13 minutes into the demo. It's creepy and chilly-ing I have been waiting for a game like this. I like the fact that not all objects are so overt/out in the open. Plus it saves your spot if you leave the game and then go back in. That is a very important factor for me. I knew I was saving up for a good CE for some reason. Finally found it!!

I am definitely buying this game.

Thanks for such a great game.

I just read your post to amj. 2 hours longer??? OK That's 4 or 5 hours for me because I am a slow player!!! lol

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 2:35:47 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jul 14, 11 2:40 AM
When I saw Vogat as the devs on this game, I knew it would be great and it is.

This month's budget precludes purchasing as a CE, but will be waiting for the SE release.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Was this originally listed as a CE in Mudrock's thread? Dev response within!

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 14, 11 3:54 AM
Cordia wrote:I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be a standard release. Is THIS why the game's release was postponed so long? The devs saw how much people wanted to play it and decided to pump it into a CE?

UPDATE: Askold of Vogat popped in to explain why the change happened. I shouldn't have been so hasty with my judgement, and it's been quite a long time since the game was first announced, so it seems possible that they've had plenty of time to polish things up and add a substantial bonus game. My apologies for being so cranky.

Did you even demo the game before posting? It's unfair to the developers to announce things like this without doing a little preliminary research first.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jul 14, 11 4:23 AM
Thursday games are alway CE HOGs now dont ask me why they seem to have shyed away from too many hog games to clear the forem of the hog pirates who stole their forum arrrahhhhh,pieces of eightand robbed their LOYAL players who had been here AGES of their voices may you catch the black spot lol
Dont know about the game not gonna bother with it

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jul 14, 11 5:52 AM
well as usual not brain surgery and not worthy of bieing a ce glad i aint buying it

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 14, 11 6:04 AM
stevieferr wrote:Thursday games are alway CE HOGs now dont ask me why they seem to have shyed away from too many hog games to clear the forem of the hog pirates who stole their forum arrrahhhhh,pieces of eightand robbed their LOYAL players who had been here AGES of their voices may you catch the black spot lol
Dont know about the game not gonna bother with it

Hey Stevieferr--Shyed (sic) away from too many hog games??? Clear the forem (sic) of the hog pirates??? Robbed LOYAL players??? Not too sure what you meant by all this--don't think Mudrock implied that it was a CE way back when, but this IS Thursday, after all! You may be missing out on a good one!

(ETA--if you're looking for "brain surgery," try "Unwell Mel"!)

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 6:07:20 AM PST

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Jul 14, 11 6:16 AM
I tried the trial and never got past the first chapter. I figured this should be a long game. It's kept me busy and I like it. As usual Vogat games never let me down. I bought this game and am looking forward to finishing it.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jul 14, 11 6:35 AM
2 hours longer? it will take me few days to finish, will buy, thanks.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 14, 11 7:02 AM
Hi Askold ,
Thanks so much for visiting the pond, I love when a developer takes the time to come and listen to our feedback, about their games.
Not only that, but also letting us know, that the bonus chapter is on average, 2hrs long, of course depending on the players skill level, but that is a HUGE plus, in my book .
Also, I don't purchase many CE's at all, due to funds, but I played the trial, and just LOVED this game, the opening scenes were so cool to watch, graphics are FANTASTIC, with a great story...LOVE IT !!
In the one H0 scene, there was a little bear, with huge eye's, I rolled my mouse over it, as if to pet it, and it closed it eye's, as if to say, oh that feels so good..too CUTE!
There was a spintop on the floor of another H0 scene, that rolled around, when you moused, by it, love these extra touches .
Knowing now that the bonus chapter is long, so it is worth the CE price, I may have to do without some of my favorite snacks, from the grocery store next month, because I am getting this visualy stunning, creepy atmosphere, with a story that has completely sucked me IN, great game...Oh Yea baby, my cup of tea, for SURE .
THANKS askold, and everyone at Volgat, that had a hand in making this, all of your effort and hard work, shows in this masterpeice, job well done !
I may not be saying this next month, when I don't have my, Dove chocolate bar, with almonds to eat, while playing my games..LOL, JUST kidding :-)

Go to: