DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for F.A.C.E.S Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 14, 11 12:23 AM
Hi there,
Well it seems this elusive game has finally been released here. I wonder how Mudrock will "save face" about this - or are we going to have another 2 CE week ?
This game is from the usually delightful Vogat Studios, but is not listed as a CE on their website and the full file doesn't seem to be much larger than the Trial/Sample (oops. didn't check what type of trial it was this time).
So, in light of the fact that many of you have been dismayed that the game didn't appear when advertised, and have posted many comments regarding its merits previously, here is your chance to enlighten us all with your knowledge.
In anticipation of an enjoyable (albeit spooky (I hope)) time.
Cheers
Edited to add - the game has DL'd and installed as I was typing this (very fast for me) so I am off to play and will get back later.

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 12:24:40 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Comments for F.A.C.E.S Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 14, 11 12:26 AM
So may be another week with 2 CEs, UMC2 CE on Sunday! anyway, i don't think i gonna purchase UMC2 cuz i don't like the first one, will try this one!

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jul 14, 11 12:28 AM
Played 15 minutes. Awesome so far! Definitely looks creepy. Unfortunately, it's time for bed, so I'll check back in tomorrow to see what others have to say.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jul 14, 11 12:31 AM
I beta tested this game seems like months ago now, didnt realise it would be a CE, when the hour was up its was a nooooooo moment as I couldnt buy it.

The graphics were good it its what I enjoy playing I dont mind the toing and froing, but as Im away on holiday on sunday I will try to ignore this for a few weeks until the SE comes out, or read some of the reviews as its getting played.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 14, 11 12:31 AM
Yes, Mudrock told us that we were going to get a CE about Ancient Astronauts. Geesh! I love Vogat games / don't like this one. Again, here we go again with the whole sanitarium thing. Very depressing with ugly graphics. No voice and again, I think for the price, there should be voice. There is a selection between casual and advanced game play. Will be a no buy for me. I was really looking forward to the the CE concerning ancient astronauts. What a disappointment. I will not grade this game because I imagine it will be a good game, but I don't like the whole depressing scenario of this game.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 14, 11 12:35 AM
Cant wait to play this demo. Vogart is the best. I am ready for a nice long spooky about now.

Happy gaming

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 14, 11 12:44 AM
Hi there,
I thought I would clarify that your "trial" is a "sample" version which means it will end at a certain point.
Also, it seems to me that this game was designed for 3-D mode.
Anyone out there with a 3-D enabled monitor with further information about this?
Cheers.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 14, 11 1:14 AM
Goodmorning, goodafternoon and goodevening, fishies!

What a suprise this morning! I tought that the orther game was coming.
I like this game and bought it.

Happy gaming!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 14, 11 1:22 AM
Surrie wrote:What frighting looking pic & thumbprint shots of this game , and there are other games with just as bad ..oo0u scary , because that sells .

Hi there Surrie,
I see that this is your first post in the forums so "Welcome".
However, I wonder if you have actually tried this game in light of the section of your post I have taken the liberty to colour blue?
If you don't like this type of game, there are many others offered here that you might prefer.
Cheers

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 14, 11 1:26 AM
Bought, because I can't resist a Vogat...

So far, enjoy the game; just don't think about the Asylum, but only about the adventure. Clear graphics, super-fast hint recharge, the hints provide additional help of "what to do".

Thanks Vogat, thanks BF!

vloert
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by vloert on Jul 14, 11 1:30 AM
Although beautifully made it could not keep me interested enough to play the full
hour. After 45 minutes there was nothing I hadn't seen before and I ended it.
Sorry, no buy for me.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 14, 11 1:40 AM
Hi there all,
I thought I would mention that the devs have popped in to the Another CE? post here. You might like to check out what has been said.
Cheers

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jul 14, 11 1:41 AM
vloert wrote:Although beautifully made it could not keep me interested enough to play the full
hour. After 45 minutes there was nothing I hadn't seen before and I ended it.
Sorry, no buy for me.

Exactly my thoughts. The H0G scenes were insanely boring and there were sooo many of them!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 14, 11 1:43 AM
Well, it is listed under the Hidden Object tab...so...
Cheers

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jul 14, 11 1:45 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, it is listed under the Hidden Object tab...so...
Cheers

Yes it is n I love Hidden Object games but I like a balance between puzzle & object finding, not just hidden object scene, after scene, after scene especially when there is no interactive feature in the hidden object scene. Thats just my opinion...

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 14, 11 1:47 AM
Tried it , liked it and will put it on one of my to buy lists for my new computer but will wait and see what you all say about the length of the bonus chapter before deciding which list.

Cherb

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jul 14, 11 1:48 AM
I love the hogs. Glad there are so many. And so many other things to do. Just my type of game.

Couldn't resist had to play more. Off to bed.

[Post New]by Surrie on Jul 14, 11 1:48 AM
since you feel this is your thread for your friends maybe, well I will take my leave of you

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 14, 11 1:52 AM
Surrie wrote:since you feel this is your thread for your friends maybe, well I will take my leave of you
???

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jul 14, 11 2:00 AM
I like this game but not sure if it is worth a CE.It just doesn't have that oomph factor (for me)
I will try to wait for it to come out in SE , but not sure if I will be able to , as I am really needing a new game. If I could only look into the future and see what tomorrows game is going to be!

Go to: