bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 14, 11 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Post any F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 14, 11 2:39 AM
oh dear, i am the first person with problems.......d/l gets to 100%, then stops, will not install, i have tried twice, same thing happens

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jul 14, 11 2:49 AM
not much help i know but it took me four attempts to download this game hope it was worth the effort

[Post New]by mixinitupright on Jul 14, 11 3:31 AM
I can't get this game to install. I keep getting "error unpacking game code 2" and then it gives me an 803-400 error and tells me it can't install. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game manager, turning off my firewall and tried to install (turned that back on quick when the game wouldn't install) . I don't know what else to do.
I downloaded a match 3 game recently that downloaded properly but then when you tried to play it would freeze, then shut down. I don't get it. I haven't had alot of problems with Bigfish and hope not to develope them

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 14, 11 4:18 AM
took me 3 hours to get it to dl, nt comp is fastuninstalled it and re installed it, that helped little last files still took 45 min to dl, so dont give up

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 14, 11 4:28 AM
well, it d/l after the 4th attempt...but, i have another problem now.....at every hidden object scene the page flickers all the time, it will still let me pick up objects, but twice i have to just guess what is needed because the list of objects had dissapeared among the flickering!!

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 14, 11 5:15 AM
I had no problem with downloading and installing the game. took me a while to figure out how to get last mask. fish tank. what bothers me is game time even in trial mode.

this is what I sent to tech. support. :: I started this game in trial mode at 7:37 am 7/14/11 and it stopped at 7:57 am. to me that is only 20 minutes of playing time. why are trial mode versions getting less and less time and this game is not a demo.

All in all as far as I have gotten; I loved this game and hopefully will get enough game credits to purchase it.

My 4 month old great granddaughter was diagnosed with a heart problem. She has a hole in her heart. So that means my daughter and grand daughter (the little gals mommy will need my help financially.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jul 14, 11 7:05 AM
5 tries until it downloaded...kept telling me that I was not connected to the internet.

dbuia
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by dbuia on Jul 14, 11 8:15 AM
Downloaded and plays beautifully on my old MacG4PPC running 10.4.11 except for one issue-- the font used in the hidden object screens shows up as black blocks. Have to just click on everything to continue the game... I must be missing some font or that particular font isn't loading right. Help. I really like this type of game....

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Jul 14, 11 8:41 AM
Finally got game to Download after about 5 attempts and pausing the download every so often.Demo looks quite interesting but every time i stop playing it keeps taking me to the BiG Fish Web site.Have never had downloading problems before

jakesplc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jakesplc on Jul 14, 11 10:00 AM
I keep getting "error unpacking game code 2" What does that mean?

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 14, 11 11:21 AM
the game freezes up on my computer...

[Post New]by betsnjeffsgram on Jul 14, 11 11:26 AM
I too am not able to download this game. Tried twice and get error unpacking
code 2. Never had a problem downloading before.

[Post New]by Sweetpeches on Jul 14, 11 12:29 PM
I'm getting the same code 2 message. What bothers me is that I am unable to play ANY Bif Fish game now. That game is bad news. It needs to be fixed. I uninstalled the entire game 3 times and I still could not play any games..even games I've had for years. I finally did a system restore and got out of Big Fish right away. I'm afraid to download anything now. I'd like to know if it was just this particular game.

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jul 14, 11 1:02 PM
I too am having error 2 problems. Tried doing a system defrag, uninstalling game manager, uninstalling game, reinstalling, changing settings, etc., etc., repeatedly. I too am unable to play any other Big Fish games now. Something is definitely wrong, and hope Big Fish has a solution, or game developer. I miss my hidden object games!!!! HELP!!!!!

[Post New]by Sweetpeches on Jul 14, 11 1:06 PM
Like I said..I did a 'system restore' to back to 2 days ago. I got rid of whatever the heck that was. I won't be doing any downloads for a while.

reisyoong
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by reisyoong on Jul 14, 11 1:16 PM
These GLITCHESI'm experiencing are terrible! Finally I got the Skeleton Key and the game just freezes at the cutscenes. Repetitive of sound effects repeating itself, mouse are able to move but not functional even when I try to escape the screen with SKIP button. Instead I need to press window key on my keyboard to escape to my desktop. Even when you maximise the game screen.. nothing changed...

This game, is it actually ready to be released???

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 14, 11 2:26 PM
Hello everyone,

If you are receiving the "error unpacking" message and are on a Vista system, please check for any Windows updates on your system and this should help resolve the issue.

If you're having troubles downloading/installing the game, please take a look at this help article for some steps that might help:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

For any other or further issues that you experience, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and our reps can assist you with this game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Sweetpeches on Jul 14, 11 2:48 PM
This is all fine and good, but why should I go through all this trouble because of one game? I've been getting these games for a long time and never encountered anything like this before. This one installation caused me to not be able to play ANY game. Once I did the sysyem restore, everything is back to normal..even had to re-download a game I previously had as a trial and purchased. Still, eveything works fine. Funny how so many people had this very same problem with this game.

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Jul 14, 11 3:53 PM
This game started out great, but when I got to where I inserted the skeleton key in the living room, everything went "white" bright light, and that was it. Very disappointing, as this was a different story line than the usual and I had really high expectations for this game.

Go to: