bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 14, 11 12:43 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 08/30/2011 at 5:10:39 PM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

Re:Review for F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jul 14, 11 1:38 AM
Its a beautiful game as far as graphics go. The music didn't bother me, was pleasant enough but this game isn't all that interesting, IMO. Its in an asylum and the woman has a special gift where she can use pictures to travel in and out of the past but its what I would call a "quiet game". There are no voiceovers, just music and the sound effects aren't really noticeable either so its quiet, doesn't really draw you in, IMO. I've played it for 45 minutes and I get this sense of deja vu that I've played this game before. I didn't beta test this, it just feels familiar if that makes sense, maybe because it takes place in an asylum. Im just not impressed with the gameplay itself. There are A LOT of hidden object scenes, yes its a H0G but I like a little more adventure myself. Overall, I found it quite boring and even though its pretty, I can't say I would buy it even as a SE. I've realized though that I haven't been impressed by the last couple VOGAT games that have come out & I really used to love their games.

The good part about this is you can test drive the bonus game to see if you like it. What a concept to know what you get after the game ends. I liked the bonus play more than the actual game itself LOL To those of you who end up purchasing this, Happy Gaming Sorry, the first post is a bit of a downer but this game just didn't hold my interest.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jul 14, 11 1:45 AM
The game was ok. The graphics were nice, but no voice over and the music was not especially interesting. Every time I moved my cursor to the bottom of the screen to explore, the inventory box popped up. The hidden object scenes were ok; some objects were pretty difficult to see.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jul 14, 11 1:57 AM
I really like Vogat games. Played the Bonus chapter first to see what it was like, then played the Demo till the time ran out. Clear graphics, H0 scenes difficult enough to be challenging, but no so sard that you tear your hair out, spooky background music that you can turn off or ignore, and a great (if predictable) plot in a grusome Asylum. The puzzles were interesting, though not very original, and hints recharge very quickly. Thumbs up, and a Buy for me.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Jul 14, 11 2:03 AM
Played the demo and liked it. Too many HOG, but I don't like HOG a lot. I prefer pure adventure games. A pitty you don't have a lot of those here...
I like the story and the puzzles are difficult enough to be interested in them.
Good story and enough thinking about where to go to do what...
Maybe a buy for me. Must know the length of the game first
Raska

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 14, 11 2:12 AM
Just finished the demo and off the purchase.

Vogat is one of my favorite devs. The graphics were super as usual and the storyline is good.

Love their SG, so far it sounds like a decent length CE,

My only disappointed was no voice!!!! I have come to expect it in CE's.

Happy gaming

PS just finished the game well worth the CE price. Graphics are some of the best as usual for Vogat. I think voice would have put this game over the top. New mini games I really liked. Was very pleased with the quality and story in the bonus part of the game. Cant wait for the next Vogat game!!!

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 3:36:41 PM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 14, 11 2:17 AM
Another great HOG from Vogat Interactive.A ery dark, eerie, scary and spooky graphics, theme and story. Interesting puzzles, great graphics and gameplay. Maybe a bit too many of **** scenes but never mind cuz it's not too difficult and i loved the game, it's another BUY for me!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: A
Music: A
Puzzles: A
**** Scenes: B
Gameplay: A
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A or as low as F!

swissraven
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by swissraven on Jul 14, 11 2:29 AM
I love Vogat games. I played 10 minutes of the demo and decided it was a definite buy for me.
The graphics are beautifully clear, the music is good, HOG's are not too difficult, the puzzles are interesting, you can block the inventory box to avoid it popping up unexpectedly but personally I love it as is. The storyline is interesting. Thumbs up!

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 14, 11 3:21 AM
Dear players,

Our team is very happy that you liked F.A.C.E.S. I'm sure you will enjoy additional huge CE chapter even more. We developed it during this spring and summer. So it is even much interesting and modern than SE chapters. I love this extra gameplay!

Thank you for your choice!

Cheers,

Askold

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Jul 14, 11 3:50 AM
Thank you Vogat Askold for taking the time to visit our Forums.
I love Vogat games and this one seems to be a winner.The graphics are fantastic and the story-line is interesting enough to make me want to learn more.A lot of work has obviously gone into this game,which is running for me with no glitches so far.
I don't buy a lot of CE's,they have to be really different,and this seems to fit the bill

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 3:51:34 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 14, 11 3:57 AM
(Disclaimer--I bought it and have played about an hour)

I had forgotten all about 's promise of F.A.C.E.S.--what a surprise this morning (morning where I live, anyways)! I was expecting "...Ancient Astronauts," but I think this will be better. How can it NOT be, with VOGAT as the developer?

Another "asylum" mystery? Not really along the lines of "Redrum--Time Lies" or "...Green Hills Sanitarium." What an imaginative storyline--"let's escape this place using my ability to "jump" into photographs that hold answers." The intro is "goose-bumpy"--two "doctors" wearing surgical masks, staring at me, close-up! The Options menu isn't anything special, but it does have the requisite choices (cursor, screen, sound/music), and there's a play-mode selection!

Graphics and background sounds are eerie (it IS an asylum!)--objects are reasonably easy to find--the cursor changes to an eyeball, gears, a hand, a big directional arrow, depending on what you'd care to do. Hints are rechargeable. There's no voice acting (kind of surprising, considering a 400 MB file size, but then the developer has promised that the Bonus gameplay is very large). You know, I didn't even think to check out the built-in SG, other than to notice that it's 62 pages long--maybe another reviewer will have some more words about that!

I can't wait to delve deeper into this VOGAT gem--at my "smell-the-roses" pace, there's sure to be several hours ahead!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 14, 11 4:33 AM
I really like this game enough for buying it as the CE! The graphic is very clear and good, gameplay also superb, also the storyline. The game itself is very scary, but I like this very much. Great game!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 14, 11 5:00 AM
Vogat gets a bullseye every time! They have to have some really demented developers but it keeps us in great games
Really different story line! Love the idea of being able to travel into photos.

The hidden object scenes are not to difficult and not to many as to lose the story line.

The mini games are fun and just difficult enough to keep me from skipping them. They can be skipped.

I played on casual not expert as I always do for the demo. I will change to expert when I purchase. It makes the games last longer. Even in casual there was not a lot of hand holding and I did have to use the strategy guide once. The guide is very easy to use. Well laid out

You are given so many tasks at once that you will never get bored with this game.
During the demo I couldn't find anything bad to say about it.
The length looks good. Six chapters plus bonus content. I didn't make it through the second chapter in an hour. Some may play faster but I take time to do all the mini games.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 14, 11 5:04 AM
THANKS VOGAT. Another great game for me to purchase. I have all your CE's and looking forward to more. Keep up the excellent work.

bbelle

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 14, 11 5:26 AM
Hi Vogat and welcome to our little brook. I loved your game and was really into it. I started the game at 7:37 am and it ended abruptly at 7:57 am. That was only 20 min. of playing time in trial mode. Hopefully it was just a glitch or SOMETHING, I went back to try and finish the full hour and it said time was up. This game is a buy for me, but I just wanted to let you know. I also posted problem in technical thread.

Can you PM the names of your other games here.
thank you,

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Jul 14, 11 5:41 AM
Thank you VOGAT and Big Fish!
I can't wait until the work day ends so I can rush home to finish playing the game!
I tried the demo and immediately purchased!
I have bought all of your games and wanted to say how much I appreciate the quality of your games!!
I can't imagine how much time it takes to create a game starting from the concept of the storyline to actual release but I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate your games!!
Looking forward to the next one!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 14, 11 5:47 AM
Hi Vogat and welcome to our little brook. I loved your game and was really into it. I started the game at 7:37 am and it ended abruptly at 7:57 am.
Hi, Crazy8club. The trial is a sample version. It stops at a fixed point, however long it takes. Time is not mentioned.

VimsenGrr
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VimsenGrr on Jul 14, 11 5:49 AM
How come there is no staff in this place? Seems odd to me that she can roam the place freely, with no one around. It also seems odd to me that this one patient has all these useful things in his cell, you would think that, in a place like this, the mean doctors and staff kept them in empty cells. Other then that, loving the game. Great graphics, music fits the game, and the story is intriguing.

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 5:57:39 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 14, 11 5:55 AM
I'm absolutely hooked. I do not want to wait for the SE, I'm purchasing this now. I like the graphics, the background music, the interesting story line, but what really gets me is that tentatively reaching hand....it fascinated me during the prologue and then, it popped up again. I almost missed it because I only saw it out of the corner of my eye. Neat touch, Vogat!

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 14, 11 6:40 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Hi Vogat and welcome to our little brook. I loved your game and was really into it. I started the game at 7:37 am and it ended abruptly at 7:57 am.
Hi, Crazy8club. The trial is a sample version. It stops at a fixed point, however long it takes. Time is not mentioned.

I'm sorry, but it said trial one hour of playing.

Go to: