bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Path To Success! July 14, 2011

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 14, 11 5:14 PM
We have a new version of Path To Success available now! The new version of this game fixes the following:

-the "sofa" is now properly labeled as a "footstool"
-freezing issues throughout the game

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

michelha75
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Path To Success! July 14, 2011

[Post New]by michelha75 on Jul 14, 11 11:28 PM
didn't fix the problems with getting the visiting awards

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Jul 15, 11 5:59 AM
Did it fix the snafus with the university degree/dissertation, the ships and not being able to interact with home base?

[Post New]by lvnmylife25f on Jul 15, 11 6:53 AM
galotter wrote:Did it fix the snafus with the university degree/dissertation, the ships and not being able to interact with home base?

I have the same problem with the dissertation, and it is soooo aggravating! Also, the clothing issue is still there on my game. Anyone else still have that problem?

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 15, 11 1:37 PM
Will it fix issues with when I tried to save to open a bank account my game exited with an error code pop up? I have only 9 minutes left in the demo and I doubt I will have any more after uninstall and reinstall.

I was going to use a credit on this game, but dont want to waste it if I cant play it again.

sstevens
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sstevens on Jul 17, 11 5:10 PM
Don't waste your credit. The update only fixed the sofa/couch/footstool.

Game still freezes. Only froze once so far. It froze after completing the first martial art class. Same place it froze before this alleged "fix."

There are still no clothes when you "change clothes" in your home

Really disappointed with this game.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jul 17, 11 7:16 PM
Game still freezing up. It's really frustrating!!! Fix it!!!!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 17, 11 11:54 PM
sstevens wrote:Don't waste your credit. The update only fixed the sofa/couch/footstool.

Game still freezes. Only froze once so far. It froze after completing the first martial art class. Same place it froze before this alleged "fix."

There are still no clothes when you "change clothes" in your home

Really disappointed with this game.

I was so hoping it would work. I am usually into Large File games like Nancy Drew and Horror Large File plus Scary HOG and Scary IHOGS, but I really liked the LifeQuest game and so since this reminded me alot of LifeQuest, I was eager to play. I usually dont play games like that.

Time management games usually isnt my thing, but I actually liked and used one of my credits for Artist Colony because the demo really got me hooked.

I still havent beat it cause I cant get the last piece to the statue. I think I have to fish for it and I keep fishing alot with no luck. I havent played Artist Colony in a good while, I might just play it again tomorrow to try to get past the part I am stuck at. But I did like that and LifeQuest and since I rarely get into Time Management games, I hope they get Path to Success fully fixed soon. Oh, I also bought Youda Fairy but I am really into fairy stuff so that helped with the decision to get that game.

Edited on 07/17/2011 at 11:55:35 PM PST

grom1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by grom1 on Jul 18, 11 4:51 PM
The awards are still screwed up. I got my visited 5 location award but it still doesn't show up as having been achieved in awards. Also it says I've only visited 27 out of 28 places even though I visited them all in one day twice!

It still shows no amount for the apartment and the house in the suburbs You have to guess at how much you'll need.

Coffee and doughnut separately are still 8 dollars each while together they're 5. Also groceries cost 5 for 2 days 14 for 4 and 33 for a full week????

Also this time I finished a chapter before the third quest even came up...

There's lots more...

[Post New]by chijosh on Jul 20, 11 8:28 PM
So I have to start over, and there are still issues? No thanks.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 22, 11 10:57 AM

The biggest glitch, to me, is that clothes that are bought still don't "save" so that you only have the latest articles of clothes that you buy.

The "dress" function does not work and you can be left without clothes (in your underwear).

This also messes up the ability to get the "model" job as you have to have 5 outfits but all you can actually ever have is whatever you last bought - no matter how many outfits you buy. The other clothes literally fly away in the "dress" function.

Developers please FIX!!!!

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jul 22, 11 5:38 PM
I still can't play this game after downloading it once more. Since the first two times I downloaded it and it wouldn't play I have downloaded other games without any problems. If so many other problems had not been reported I would try to get help from CS but WHY BOTHER? I'm probably quiting BF anyway since they no longer get any decent TM games for adults.

[Post New]by melsoucy on Jul 24, 11 9:13 AM
Issues were fixed until i reached the goal of buying an airplane and getting a job as a pilot. Did both but neither registered in the game so I couldn't move on.

Hopefully there will be another update! I really like the game!

[Post New]by loopylass217 on Jul 28, 11 9:21 AM
Did not fix the issue with the 3 challenges within the sailing challenge - I completed the dissertation and it has not recognised this. It is also impossible to get 1000 experience points to get the Film Maker job as I have completed all the classes at the school and still only have 900!

[Post New]by closest_geek on Aug 21, 11 2:03 AM
Still not fixed and frankly not good enough, issues:
* goal to write a doctoral dissertation - you write but not checked off in goals
* you have to sail from the cruise ship not the boat shop and even then it doesn't count.
* doesn't check off how many times you sail so must go to the start page to check
* illogical career paths - what is with the 'different' paths you can take? It doesn't match with your goals.

The colour palette is annoying - who chooses those colours? Anyone else ended up with a salmon boat?!

Worst credit spend.

Life Quest and Magic Life is a much better design if you like this type of games.

Big dissappointment.

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Sep 19, 11 12:51 AM
I did not have any problems with clothing. I can get all the clothes I purchased without any problems. Also game does not crash.

First problem I had was getting to the dissertation, which does not register, and going for cruises on my newly purchased yacht.

I agree about the colours, but you can change them by adjusting the arrows.

Have we all wasted our money, BF? I cannot go any further until this particular problem is solved.

Either we get another update, or we should get a credit to replace this. Pity, it would have been a good game otherwise.

[Post New]by hex_haight on Nov 12, 11 4:09 PM
I wish I'd read this forum post BEFORE i bought this game. It is a good idea that didn't get executed well. I don't even care about the illusive VASE. I like time mgmnt type games, but this one isn't very good and has several glitches/weird leaps in story line logic.

Go to: