bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Path To Success technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 14, 11 5:17 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

AmandaColl
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Path To Success technical issues here only

[Post New]by AmandaColl on Jul 15, 11 3:04 AM
When I bought the dog early in the game I noticed a slow down during the sleep time. I now own 4 pets and it takes almost two minutes to renew the green bar during the sleep time. Is this slow down normal because before it would renew in a few seconds. Thank you.

smck0912
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by smck0912 on Jul 15, 11 6:23 PM

smck0912 wrote:I can buy outfits, but can't change them or see what/how many outfits I have. If I try to change clothes (at home), it strips my character down to her underwear. I think this may go hand-in-hand with another issue; at the Furniture Store, there is a "Vase" option that you cannot purchase until you have a "Closet with a Cabinet," yet there is nowhere to purchase a Closet with a Cabinet (or even a Closet without a Cabinet) in the entire game that I was able to find.

There are way too many glitches in this game - I don't know that I have ever seen this many in one game from BFG (and I have purchased literally hundreds). These glitches really should be fixed prior to release and if not, BFG should be jumping up and down on the game manufacturer's heads until they are fixed.

**********************************************************************************************
[Post New]by jodama on Jul 8, 11 7:12 PM:
I also had the problem with clothes. After finishing the challenges I wanted to try to become an expert at all jobs (which is difficult when one of them requires $100,000 to get), but couldn't when all my clothes disappeared and I couldn't become a model, for which five outfits are needed.

I also found I couldn't beat one of the competitors when i needed to buy the most expensive piece of jewellery and become a leading actor. I had already achieved the leading actor expert part, and was working in the best paying job as film director at the time I entered the challenge, and still couldn't get the $35000 quickly enough to beat him. How could that happen, when he would have to raise the money and had to become a leading actor before he became a film director to earn that sort of money?

On another note, I once got stuck outside the cheap housing and couldn't move. I found that going back into some of the tabs to check goals made it work again, so give that a try if you come across the problem.

BFG, please, please get the makers to fix this up so it is possible to accomplish all the tasks!!! It would be a worthwhile game if it were to run smoothly and give the players a chance at achieving all their goals.

Thanks, and good luck to others.

Jodama,

Buy 5 outfits at the same time. Go to the Clothing Store, choose a hat/glasses/mask, then a top/bottom or dress, then shoes. Purchase them, then select another outfit and purchase. Repeat until you have purchased 5 outfits, and it will allow you to become a Model.

michelha75
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by michelha75 on Jul 16, 11 11:38 PM
Ok so far these are the bugs still happening that I've run across. There is still much that i haven't tested yet because I've gotten pretty frustrated but hopefully this helps push another patch.

1. The cruise ship doesn't register as visited for the visiting every location award. (There is at least one other building also but I haven't been patient enough to track it down)

2. NEW BUG SINCE PATCH!! the visiting 5 locations in one day now resets itself even if you've already received it. (I have been awarded it 2x in one game and after you sleep it takes it away and wants you to do it again.)

3. Ship Captain Job requirements should actually say go sailing 5x and Sea guide job requirements should say take 5 cruises. As when you take 5 cruises it unlocks Sea guide NOT ship captain job.

4. The patch changed the what the shoes are called in the clothing shop to pumps so it's now even more confusing as to which pair of shoes to buy when trying to open the University Dean Job. Also as a note classic pants is what is required to buy when looking to fulfill the trousers requirement.

5. EXPLOIT! When buying the minivan it decreases your money and then adds it right back.

6. For the model job dresses aren't counted towards the 5 outfits required because pants can't be worn with them.

7. When you have a bank account you need to remove all your money for each interest level and redeposit it because it doesn't change the interest percentage.

I know there are more glitches ect but I'm too frustrated at this point to track them all down to report them. Also I noticed that the patch changed the prices for sailing, and I want to say that you took the time to fix something that didn't need it instead of fixing some of the other bugs. I find myself extremely disappointed in BFG and Alawar. This game shouldn't even have made it to beta testing the way it is. I've been a member here for over 6 years and have never seen a game this unfinished even with the patch. I've decided that if another patch doesn't come out to at least fix the awards within the next week that for the very first time I'll be asking for a refund.

[Post New]by apiedmont on Jul 21, 11 11:22 AM
Update deleted my saved game!

I just installed the update to this game, and it completely deleted my profile and saved game. ARG! Anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by vonb0026 on Jul 21, 11 9:01 PM
I was finally able to buy five outfits after my clothes kept disappearing, but now I can't become a model because when I apply for the job I get a message stating that the location is closed (I get the same message when I attempt to become a trader).

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 22, 11 10:58 AM
After the updated version, this problem persists:

The biggest glitch, to me, is that clothes that are bought still don't "save" so that you only have the latest articles of clothes that you buy.

The "dress" function does not work and you can be left without clothes (in your underwear).

This also messes up the ability to get the "model" job as you have to have 5 outfits but all you can actually ever have is whatever you last bought - no matter how many outfits you buy. The other clothes literally fly away in the "dress" function.

Developers please FIX!!!!

[Post New]by momoflindy on Jul 24, 11 10:41 PM
Downloaded UPDATE. lost all my prior progress AND game still freezes... Really BF.. this is your fix?

[Post New]by luckybren on Aug 4, 11 3:01 PM
How do you get the Doctorial Dissertation ? I have well over 1000 skill points, but still can't get into the lessons in the uni.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO ?

[Post New]by clouds76 on Aug 5, 11 1:45 AM
I have almost finished the game - aside from working enough to put $100000 in the bank to achieve the requirements of a Business person, everything else has been achieved. I've been frustrated by a number of things during the game play, however I'm not sure which ones are technical issues within the game or which ones are just frustrating elements of a game designed in a different way than I'd prefer. Just in case they may be of benefit, I've compiled them together...

Occupation requirements for "University Dean" includes "Doctoral Dissertation" however the requirement is satisfied only when the "Masters Thesis" is complete instead.

Occupation requirements for "University Dean" include "trousers" and "shoes" without an indication as to which ones need to be bought. (Perhaps this is a cultural problem with different clothing/shoe names around the world? Or is this more obvious with a male character - I haven't looked into that yet)

Award: "Visiting every location" - unable to increase this beyond 27/28 despite visiting all 28 locations frequently and performing all actions possible there.

Award: "Visiting 5 locations in a day" - never increases beyond 1/5

Nightly "fatigue" level reduction can be jerky with big steps and delays. (Mostly if the "fatigue level" is maximised before sleep - "relaxing" first until this bar is below 100% eases this issue usually).

There is no penalty for being hungry unless it's night time - it's possible to stay on "0 hunger" throughout the day provided that the character eats just before sleeping.

There seems to be no penalty to being completely fatigued during the daytime, unless the fatigue lasts until morning.

There seems to be no penalty for ever being unhappy?

Pets increase happiness while "resting" but not while "sleeping" even though they're animated with "happy stars"

Bank accounts are not cumulative. For example, two deposits of $5000 are treated as $10000 at 8.5%. If that money is withdrawn and immediately deposited as $10000, then the daily interest is 15%.

No indication is given as to the cost of either the penthouse or the mansion, limiting the game player to trial and error.

There's no way to replay a single level if it's lost.

On a non-technical level, it'd be fun to be able to "fly a plane" once you've bought it.

Edited on 08/05/2011 at 1:46:56 AM PST

[Post New]by jcjhot32 on Aug 7, 11 11:45 AM
The wardrobe at the apartment, hotel and mansion dont count the outfits correctly and it wont let you change the outfits. because of that you cant get the model job.

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Aug 7, 11 5:10 PM
I can't get the modeling job, although I did finally meet all the requirements. However when I apply for the model job I get the following message: You cannot perform that job from this location. Help?

[Post New]by Nasa27 on Aug 12, 11 12:57 AM
I cannot buy a sofa can someone plsssss help me it keeps saying i need better housing but there is no where else I can live

[Post New]by aprilbaby92 on Aug 19, 11 8:13 PM
So I'm going against the doctor scientist woman and one of the goals is to get a "Doctoral Dissertation". I went to the university paid the $2000 and took the 11 classes but when I completed the class the game didn't recognize it and now I can't move to the next level. PLEASE HELP!

[Post New]by mwomack1983 on Aug 22, 11 6:01 AM
I am on the level to become a test pilot. I have completed all of the skills classes at the tech school....I had 650 skill points before the photography class, which should add 150 to that, giving me 800. I finished the class, but still only have 650 skill points.

Also, I bought the $4000 plane, but the pacebook doesn't show that I bought a plane.... Please help!

[Post New]by burrababy on Aug 23, 11 6:58 PM
Not as tidy as Life Quest. I think the dissertation is a nuisance! Too many technical issues and not enough answers!

kiwis00
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kiwis00 on Dec 24, 13 10:41 PM
jkuci wrote:After the updated version, this problem persists:

The biggest glitch, to me, is that clothes that are bought still don't "save" so that you only have the latest articles of clothes that you buy.

The "dress" function does not work and you can be left without clothes (in your underwear).

This also messes up the ability to get the "model" job as you have to have 5 outfits but all you can actually ever have is whatever you last bought - no matter how many outfits you buy. The other clothes literally fly away in the "dress" function.

Developers please FIX!!!!

It's been two years and BFG hasn't fixed this issue, my god what have you people been doing all this time. Ripping people off!

kiwis00
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kiwis00 on Dec 24, 13 10:47 PM
clouds76 wrote:I have almost finished the game - aside from working enough to put $100000 in the bank to achieve the requirements of a Business person, everything else has been achieved. I've been frustrated by a number of things during the game play, however I'm not sure which ones are technical issues within the game or which ones are just frustrating elements of a game designed in a different way than I'd prefer. Just in case they may be of benefit, I've compiled them together...

Occupation requirements for "University Dean" includes "Doctoral Dissertation" however the requirement is satisfied only when the "Masters Thesis" is complete instead.

Occupation requirements for "University Dean" include "trousers" and "shoes" without an indication as to which ones need to be bought. (Perhaps this is a cultural problem with different clothing/shoe names around the world? Or is this more obvious with a male character - I haven't looked into that yet)

Award: "Visiting every location" - unable to increase this beyond 27/28 despite visiting all 28 locations frequently and performing all actions possible there.

Award: "Visiting 5 locations in a day" - never increases beyond 1/5

Nightly "fatigue" level reduction can be jerky with big steps and delays. (Mostly if the "fatigue level" is maximised before sleep - "relaxing" first until this bar is below 100% eases this issue usually).

There is no penalty for being hungry unless it's night time - it's possible to stay on "0 hunger" throughout the day provided that the character eats just before sleeping.

There seems to be no penalty to being completely fatigued during the daytime, unless the fatigue lasts until morning.

There seems to be no penalty for ever being unhappy?

Pets increase happiness while "resting" but not while "sleeping" even though they're animated with "happy stars"

Bank accounts are not cumulative. For example, two deposits of $5000 are treated as $10000 at 8.5%. If that money is withdrawn and immediately deposited as $10000, then the daily interest is 15%.

No indication is given as to the cost of either the penthouse or the mansion, limiting the game player to trial and error.

There's no way to replay a single level if it's lost.

On a non-technical level, it'd be fun to be able to "fly a plane" once you've bought it.

I'm not surprised BFG has not fixed the award for "the 28th location is visited" and "visited 5 locations in one day." Two years and 4 months...

Go to: