Finally!

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Finally!

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Jul 15, 11 12:56 AM
I never thought this would be released. I had almost forgotten about this game.

BF, you really made us wait for this one. I'm one fishie that isn't too happy with the way you are running this site.

I wish everyone would boycott CE's for at least a week. That would send a strong message. There's no reason why BF can't make us all happy and sell some decent 6.99 games in between for the rest of us that don't buy CE's.

This used to be the best site on the internet for games. Now I'm looking elsewhere. I've got 9 coupons I can't use on games because they are sub-par.

No more buying games at sales for me. Instead, I think I'll read more.

How about it? Anyone up for a boycott of CE's?

fishyfunne
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Finally!

[Post New]by fishyfunne on Jul 15, 11 1:23 AM
well, i don't know about the whole boycott thing....(partly because i wouldn't even know how to go about it but mostly because i dont want to cause waves) but how was the game in general?

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jul 15, 11 1:33 AM
I have in my own way. I just don't buy as many games! I am spending a lot more time watching my garden grow and my sister's cats are being pet a lot more.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jul 15, 11 2:25 AM
would it not be a good idea for someone from bfg to come into a forum like this and actually interact with us ,much as some of the game devs do we could then maybe get some idea of where they are taking this site lately

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on Jul 15, 11 2:39 AM
CEs aren't affordable for me right now, and I have had to cut back on the amount of games I buy. I am very careful about where my money goes - it has to be a really good game before I purchase.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jul 15, 11 2:50 AM
for quite a few years i have used this site but it may be time to spread my wings can anyone suggest other good sites i might tryn thanks

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jul 15, 11 3:22 AM
I have to agree with several of the posts in this thread.

I used to almost always buy enough games to have 2 free coupons a month - often 3. But I could not find enough games last month for even 1 coupon and it doesn't look as though I will this month either.

It seems the general quality has dropped and I have more problems playing the games I would have liked to buy. I'd get a new PC except it seems lots of folks with brand new systems also have trouble. I think some of the perception that game quality has dropped is because we are jaded and expect longer better games for the same price.

This is a good site. Good prices, decent CS and frequent sales - although I resent those that are for 'new customers only' since I feel punished for being a long time customer. I've looked elsewhere and most of the games are the same. I was chased off the Chit-Chat board long ago and now rarely post but I still think this is one of the better game sites. BFG can only sell what is being made.

JMHO. I'm sure many will disagree.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jul 15, 11 5:20 AM
JessF wrote:I have to agree with several of the posts in this thread.

I was chased off the Chit-Chat board long ago and now rarely post but I still think this is one of the better game sites. BFG can only sell what is being made.

JMHO. I'm sure many will disagree.

Why were you chased off the Chit-Chat board?

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jul 15, 11 5:25 AM
Spiritdog - Thanks for pointing out today's DD. I was so excited at finally getting a great SE game in Dracula Love Kills that I missed it.
Now downloaded the DD, played 10 minutes, and bought it. Whoopeeeeeeee. Two games today !!
I think BFG is probably the best game site even though I have a good grumble about them now and again. Overall, they do really well and IMHO their customer support is second to none.
I don't need to join any boycott of CEs because I've only ever bought one and that was just to see what all the fuss was about. Won't be spending that kind of dosh again in a hurry !!

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jul 15, 11 5:31 AM
its seems to me there has been a shake up at the top, like a new order
has taken over and the past order[ THE GOOD ONE] is no more shame
but these things happen. swim on !!!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 15, 11 5:51 AM
I don`t like this game very much. The graphic and gameplay is very good, thats for sure. But I don`t like the storyline overall and the game doesn`t grab me enough for buying the game.

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Jul 15, 11 6:10 AM
Usually don't take the time to post but I do read everyone's comments most every day. And I have to weigh in here. I am getting very tired of the whining and complaining that some fish do. Instead of taking up space and time, just go somewhere else to buy games. I think BFG does a bang up job especially in a tough environment.
Plain and simple, if you don't like the site for %$#@! sake, move on. PLEASE!

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Jul 15, 11 6:46 AM
I agree, the whining and complaining is tiresome. If you can't afford $13.99 for a game, don't buy it.

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jul 15, 11 7:10 AM
LYDIAJMACK::: you go first ,this is a forum you can conplain if you want to.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 15, 11 7:18 AM
Is this the kindergarten?

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jul 15, 11 7:28 AM
dobbie ... yes!!!

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jul 15, 11 7:48 AM
I have no complaints with BF. Absolutely love them and wouldn't dare go any place else. Can't beat the prices or sales. I have so many good games to play in between that by the time the SE is released I'm just still not ready for it. Anyways, I'll be getting this one ASAP.

It did take a while for this one to be released though compared to some of the other CE's. But it's all good with me. No boycott here.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jul 15, 11 7:58 AM
glb613 wrote:I agree, the whining and complaining is tiresome. If you can't afford $13.99 for a game, don't buy it.

Thank you so much, I am sure none of us would have thought of not buying a game because we can't afford it.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 15, 11 10:05 AM
BFG has thousands of games in their inventory. Unless someone owns all of them, it might be worthwhile to demo some games in a different genre; you might be surprised to find something new that you might enjoy. I know that I've been trying out games outside my normal HOG comfort zone and I've found a lot of different games that I enjoy. There's always something good to play, IF you bother to take the time to look beyond the home page of the site.

BFG is a business, one that's trying to exist in tough economic times since they provide a product that's one of the first expenses cut when discretionary spending decreases. So while we might complain that they are offering too many CE's, we have to remember that if we are complaining that they're not offering the games we want and so are not buying what they are offering, then they've got to find other ways to meet their expenses and CE's are one way of doing so. They could easily raise the prices of the regular games or do away with the DD or the COTW to generate more income, but they have not done so.

And since they promise to provide a new game every day, the quality and genre of the games is naturally going to vary moreso than that of other game sites who don't provide new games as frequently. They have also done their best to create and engender a sense of community among their customers even though they are under no obligation to do so. But they're not your town's community center or your church's social group; they are not a democracy, they can set whatever rules they want and modify them when they think the situation requires it.

For what they are and what they provide, I think that they are a damn good company. I've had dealings with customer service of online companies many times over the years and I have to say that BFG customer service is one of the best. That means a lot and is indicative of the value they place on their customers.

(Edit to correct a misspelled word)

Edited on 07/15/2011 at 7:47:18 PM PST

jadanosh
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jadanosh on Jul 15, 11 10:20 AM
I don't post very much...but I had to get in on this one. I agree that BigFish is a great company, and I wouldn't go anywhere either. I used to belong to a couple of other game sites, but none compared to this one. I have purchased some CEs before...and there are other times when I wait. I play other games in between, and some games are great, and others...well...aren't. But to boycott because there is a price you don't like? When you don't buy it...you have boycotted it. Simple as that. Clearly, people are buying them. If they weren't, BF wouldn't continue to offer them. I will continue to purchase the ones that I think are great, and wait for the ones that seem good, and pass (boycott) the ones that I don't think are worth buying at any price.

Go to: