DD 7-16-11

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

DD 7-16-11

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jul 16, 11 12:14 AM
Don't have this one yet, so waiting to hear from those that do.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:DD 7-16-11

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 16, 11 12:49 AM

I wasn't attracted to the combination of asylum and grandfather hunting so I didn't get this the first times around.

But since I did enjoy the F.A.C.E.S. game (asylum setting) and this has great positive reviews, I'm getting it this time at this bargain price.

Doing the Happy Bargain Dance!!!

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Jul 16, 11 1:32 AM
I didn't get this one first time round either, was it a CE? Because my profile was already there and I was a little way into it. Also I can't seem to get the music turned off I've tried many times, I never play games with music on, it puts me off. Any ideas out there?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 16, 11 2:48 AM
I have played this game before a few months and thought this is one of the best ihogs I have ever played - maybe the best one ever. You shouldn`t miss this for the awesome price. Happy gaming

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jul 16, 11 4:21 AM
Bought this game a while ago...Fantastic game. Well worth the DD price! Great IHOG adventure game!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jul 16, 11 4:28 AM
I'm not sure what's going on at just recently, but if you are a new member, or just new to H0Gs/IH0Gs you are having quite a run of GREAT DDs! I've lost track of how many times lately I've come onto the site, looked at the DD and thought "Wow! All those folks who don't already own this game just lucked out!". Again today I have to say, if you do not own this game, jump on it. I haven't played it in a while but I know I played it at least twice, possibly three times. When you consider that there is always something new and exciting to play, it says a lot to go back and re-play a game. Yes, it's another story set in an asylum, (when it came out, that wasn't as common as now), but it has some twists to it. It also has good gameplay, nice attention to detail, and good length. A great value for $2.99!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jul 16, 11 5:39 AM
This is a great value at the $2.99 DD price. This was a long game for me, took almost 4 hours to play. I wasn't that crazy about the asylum setting, but the storyline is interesting and there was quite a bit of interactive play. Some great DD games this month!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 16, 11 5:48 AM
calsmom......I'm not sure what's going on either,
but I'm loving it. Budget issues last year severely limited
my game buying and I am certainly reaping the rewards
lately. DD after DD of top quality games I've had on
my wish list keep showing up. Another "for sure buy"
again today. Pretty soon, my "Bought and haven't
played yet" list will be longer than my wish list.
And that's a good thing.

Thanks BFG for such great offerings.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 16, 11 5:49 AM
Thanks for the comments and so on! Mine said "trial expired" so I went ahead and bought it. So tired of seeing "trial expired" on DD's, I've pretty much decided to quit trying new HOG's...

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jul 16, 11 5:54 AM
I bought this game when it came out. I loved this game!!! It was well worth paying full price, so it's a deal at $2.99. It's a hog, interactive game. Do try it, it is one of my favorites.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jul 16, 11 6:09 AM
This is a steal for $2.99, and one of my favorite IHOGs I have played on BFG. It is my favorite asylum game too. I couldn't get in to Green Hills Sanitarium, but I did enjoy The Agency of Anomalies and am in the middle of playing F.A.C.E.S. right now, so I do enjoy a good asylum game, and Asylum Conspiracy is the best out of all of these. I would give it a chance even if you don't like asylum games. It is creepy without being too grotesque. I was turned off of Green Hills because of how gross it was, and this game is not as gross. And it also has a really scary villain, and a brave and likable heroine. The game play is addictive and fun too! I highly recommend the game, especially at this price!

ETA: Seeing Asylum Conspiracy as the DD made me want to play it again. The last time I played it was almost a year ago. I have not re-played it since then, but I am re-playing it now and am finding it just as enjoyable and addictive as the first time I played it. This game is really well made. It has excellent voice acting and a very gripping story. It's only flaw is that sometimes there are too many hidden object scenes back to back. I am not a fan of that, I like my h0 scenes more spread out, but some players might not mind it. Other than that, it is a fantastic game! Get it today for the DD price, you won't regret it!

Edited on 07/16/2011 at 7:13:18 AM PST

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jul 16, 11 7:47 AM
Another great game at the DD price. I, too, want to go back and play them all. This one made me want to play nonstop. Get it. You won't regret it.

RainCat
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by RainCat on Jul 16, 11 7:51 AM
Been a while since I played this, but I remember it as a much better than average game. One of the better onces I played during the time I got it.

Interesting story that draws you in.
Interesting characters.
Good length.
Good graphics.
Locale was kind of creepy, but that is what a lot of the players here like.
I liked this once better than the sequel (which actuallty came out first).
A definite steal at 2.99.

Never regretted buying this for a second at 6.99.

EmmaLynne
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by EmmaLynne on Jul 16, 11 7:52 AM
One of the first games I got here at BFG and still one of my favorites! awesome deal if you don't have it already! also, this is kind of a sequel to Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera. It's not necessary to play that one first, but there are a few conversations/ bits of information that you'll enjoy more if you do.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Jul 16, 11 8:51 AM
Well got a second cup of coffee and downloaded this to give it a try and it says that the trial is expired. So off I go to check my various lists and it's on my BUY list so I did just that.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jul 16, 11 12:29 PM
joyce2121 wrote:calsmom......I'm not sure what's going on either,
but I'm loving it. Budget issues last year severely limited
my game buying and I am certainly reaping the rewards
lately. DD after DD of top quality games I've had on
my wish list keep showing up. Another "for sure buy"
again today. Pretty soon, my "Bought and haven't
played yet" list will be longer than my wish list.
And that's a good thing.

Thanks BFG for such great offerings.

Happy for you Joyce...Enjoy!

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Jul 16, 11 12:32 PM
A little off topic, but sometimes someone will mention something about their "lists" for games. Does BF have an area where you can keep notes about games you've tried? Or are they referring to private notes on paper that they've kept? I've looked in the account area of BF & haven't seen anything to keep a note about a tried game, wish list, etc. Just wondering.......

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Jul 16, 11 1:01 PM
I'm unaware of any list-keeping area at bfg but I keep lists in the DRAFTS section of my email area. I have everything from BUY, Try SE, Too Difficult For Me, Buy if DD and more all the way to NEVER. lol My short term memory is pitiful and these lists help me a lot. Before I would test something and not remember what I thought about it and my trial would be expired.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jul 16, 11 4:26 PM
lilpollyesther wrote:A little off topic, but sometimes someone will mention something about their "lists" for games. Does BF have an area where you can keep notes about games you've tried? Or are they referring to private notes on paper that they've kept? I've looked in the account area of BF & haven't seen anything to keep a note about a tried game, wish list, etc. Just wondering.......

I am also unaware of BFG having a place where you can list games you may be interested in purchasing later on, so I think these people are talking about lists they have written for themselves. I have been on the site for almost a year and have never seen anything like that. It would be neat if they had something like that, they could call it My Wish List like Amazon.com does when you make a list of stuff you might want to purchase in the future. If people suggested it to customer service, maybe the company would think about doing something like that.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jul 16, 11 4:42 PM
I bought this great game when it came out and loved it! Seeing it as the DD made me remember how much I enjoyed it so I am replaying it... a first for me as I have never replayed another game yet! It's like whole new game if you leave it long enough

Anyway, a steal at $2.99 so I highly recommend it for iHog lovers.

Go to: