bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock! July 16, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 16, 11 8:58 AM
We have a new version of Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock available now. This new version of the game fixes in-game crash that caused Access Violations and corrupt profiles. It also adds two difficulty modes

We apologize greatly for the trouble and appreciate your patience as we were working on this build. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

rdrsfan31
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock! July 16, 2011.

[Post New]by rdrsfan31 on Jul 16, 11 6:39 PM
I bought this game today, and I have a problem with the game completely freezing up my entire computer. I've had to "cold" restart my computer 4 times already. Will this update fix that problem? I can only play for about 5-10 before it just stops working, or responding and even when I do "control, alt, delete" nothing works, so then I have to turn my computer off, wait 30 secs then turn it back on. It's really annoying!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock! July 16, 2011.

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 16, 11 7:05 PM
Thank you Devs for listening to us (players) and removing the sparkles, I have been able to finish my demo (only made 15mins before) and I have really enjoyed it so far.

This will be a buy for me.

Without playing the whole game I now give the game a 4 out of 5.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jul 17, 11 1:04 PM
Unfortunately there's no Tutorial in the Expert version. This means if a player starts in Expert and doesn't take a photo of the road and goes to the scene on the left, they cannot get back and have to start over.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 20, 11 4:53 AM
This is great news - Thank you Devs - I will certainly give this game another try now

Kel

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 20, 11 6:35 AM
Doing a happy dance all the way to the BUY button .

Thanks for the Hard mode Alawar .

Cherb

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jul 20, 11 6:56 PM
Hurray I had got hold of customer service to get my money back and they let me know there was a new version
I just downloaded and am anxious to play - as far as I did get in the earlier version - it was a good game
I hope I can play it through this time
THANKS

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jul 21, 11 1:34 AM
YAY this is great news!!! will be getting this game as soon as possible! I hoped they would add two levels of difficulty!

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jul 21, 11 8:55 AM
This fix does not work. Game still crashes.

Koodle
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Koodle on Jul 21, 11 10:20 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's nice to know that someone actually listens. I just bought it so I can play in the harder mode. You made my night.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 21, 11 11:46 PM
Thank you ALAWAR... this is why you are one of my favorite Devs!!

[Post New]by bonvivant on Jul 23, 11 5:20 PM
I purchased today, the 23rd, which I assume is the new, more debugged version. However, I've reached a code error in the game which has left me at an impasse. The error is located in the junkyard, when trying to add the knob to the television the shows the turkey with the ax in it.
The window will not close, i cannot add the knob to change the channels, and I receive a pop out error message of "Try to add field "tv_closeup", thats already on screen".

I've enjoyed playing the game thus far and it'll drive me bonkers if i can't fix it!

Thanks.

[Post New]by bonvivant on Jul 24, 11 3:12 PM
Here's the problem in the profile (beginning of the line):
damp_01=<Scene is_blood="0" is_photo_mode="0" is_auto_photo="0" is_cinema_mode="0" draw_fields="tv_closeup,tv_closeup">\n

the tv_closeup is listed twice, causing the redundancy error. I can't fix it because it corrupts my profile.

werrrrd.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jul 27, 11 2:31 PM
Does the fix stop the game from freezing up? I played the demo for about 45 minutes and it was working fine. I was pretty sure I would buy it after the demo was over, but then it froze on me in the scene where there is a crashed car in the middle of the town. I thought this might just be a fluke, so I decided to exit out of the game (I had to manually re-start my computer in order to do so since ctrl-alt-del didn't work) and try it again. Played fine at first, but then when I went back to that same scene, it froze again. I do not have any demo time left so if I re-install the game I won't be able to tell if the fix works for my problem unless I buy the game, and I don't want to buy the game if it continues to have this problem. I am pretty sure that I do not have the new version since I think I downloaded the game before it came out, so if someone here could let me know if the fix stops the game from freezing, I would much appreciate it.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Aug 3, 11 10:09 AM
Uninstalled previous version and installed the updated version. All worked well until the end of the game. Game abruptly closed near the end. Restarted but could not complete the game. Uninstalled and reinstalled. No difference. As mentioned in another thread by others, I had a fuse and handcuffs but no H0G scene to continue on (per the walkthrough). No gears or sparkles on any of the photos. Checked all the scenes and there was nothing to do on any of them.

Very disappointed to not be able to finish the game. It's a wonderful game and was definitely one I was going to keep to play again in the future. Now, I'm not so sure I want to play again.

I was glad to read that others were able to play the game without glitches. Just sorry, I wasn't one of them.

[Post New]by rudygirl on Aug 5, 11 1:39 PM
I have purchased the game and I cant get past logging into it before it freezes up .And I have to Alt Ctrl and delete or restart my system to try again but does the same thing . I have uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing .

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Aug 5, 11 3:57 PM
I'm having the same problem as Rudygirl only without the freezing. I simply cannot sign in. The moment I touch a key to type in my name, the game just stops. Windows tells me that "a problem has caused the game to stop working" but it doesn't tell me what the problem is. All my drivers are up to date and I have a Dell Studio XPS (or is it Dell XPS Studio?) with Windows 7. Now usually this problem clears up once I purchase the game. This time, however, it didn't. This is the second time I purchased a game from BF that decided to simply not work. ::sighs:: I even deleted the game and re-installed it, thinking I may have gotten an earlier buggy version but that didn't help one bit.

[Post New]by Freddiefish on Sep 13, 11 8:07 AM
[b][i][u]

Go to: