bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 16, 11 9:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/16/2011 at 9:13:16 AM PST

Re:Post any Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock technical issues here only

[Post New]by BenGal4Life on Jul 20, 11 10:05 AM
Hi there! I posted on another thread in this forum but I wanted to write about a specific error message that I'm receiving when I get to a certain part of the game since this is a 'technical' specific thread.

The game runs smoothly until I get to the close-up of the spiders on the bunk bed. It won't allow me to do the task (use the bug spray). After I exit out of the game there is an error message that reads "Try to add field "popup_bed", thats already on screen" .

Is there anything I can do without having to reinstall the game and completely erasing what I've done so far? I have looked at the help pages you suggested.

I'm on a 4-mo old Toshiba Satellite laptop using Windows 7.

Thanks,
Jennifer

[Post New]by sandybraman on Jul 20, 11 6:39 PM
I've checked my drivers, my video card, defragged, uninstalled and reinstalled, and have not been able to play Welcome to Hell for more than 5 minutes without it freezing up. Help!

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Jul 20, 11 6:54 PM
I am suffering from a jerky curser, and a jerks in the moving areas of the screen. I tried both full screen and window, but not a big difference. Seems like a good game, but this makes it slow and tedious for me. Works better in the hidden object sections, but the curser is driving me crazy.

Like the hints and the story line seems good.

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 6:55:54 PM PST

[Post New]by Patty4Jazz on Jul 21, 11 4:18 PM
After reinstalling this game twice it still locks up. When will a second revision be available?

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Jul 23, 11 9:46 AM
This game froze for me about 20 mins into the demo. I had to close down pc.
I'm not going to worry about doing a report and chasing it up further, it didn't seem worth the trouble for a game I'm only meh about.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 23, 11 10:58 AM
Hello folks,

It sounds like all of you are experiencing either a crash or a freeze and sometimes checking for an update for a component in your system, whether it be the video card or Direct X, can help. Please refer to this help article for more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this does not help, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report. Please also include the troubleshooting steps you've visited so that our reps are informed. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by hotcaseclk on Jul 31, 11 7:10 PM
dynamite not given after h.o. gme at mine 1

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Aug 12, 11 10:23 AM
Has anyone lost all their profiles? I was almost finished and my profiles are gone.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Aug 16, 11 6:39 AM
I finally finish ..well sort of...after game froze at least a dozen times ( having to turn off computer and reboot every time )....the final freeze was at the end.... Spoilerblow up rafter...put on handcuff's....TOTAL FREEZE again....came back in game ...dynamite still on rafter ...area dead...and handcuff are back in my inventory ...same as its a really good game...when its not freezing you out.....

[Post New]by c_loo_less on Oct 14, 11 11:53 AM
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it didn't help with my issue. Whenever I try to use an item, it keeps telling me "something went wrong!" or "that's not how you use that item", when I know it IS how you use it. I try clicking all over the screen. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, it will work after many, many, many tries. This is really frustrating. I've never had a Big Fish Game not work properly before.

iPad version, fire hose nozzle

[Post New]by WittyNickname on Dec 28, 12 7:03 PM
I have the nozzle, but when I tap it to attach it to the fire hose, it doesn't seem to recognize that the object I've selected is the nozzle. Nothing happens. Tried and tried, tapped and tapped. Everything else has worked flawlessly, as in most Big Fish games. Any ideas?

[Post New]by kaos1385 on Dec 30, 12 4:47 PM
My mother and I were playing this game and we got to what is considered chapter 5 of the walkthrough when our game told us we had nothing further to do at any of the locations. We were supposed to have a wrench, but we did not. I've found that if you do things out of the order you are "supposed to" the item is taken away before you can use it for everything. In a game with no glitches we have found several. We looked at the walkthrough for help but no luck. We have now started over and if we end up stuck in the same spot again I will no longer be a big fish game player. Beyond irritated with this game.

[Post New]by Grantster1000 on Dec 31, 12 10:12 PM
You need to use the camera to take a picture in scenes as you progress, and that reveals the gems. Have a review of the tutorial at the beginning of the game and it will explain.

[Post New]by Barberman on Apr 23, 13 2:15 PM
The closeup panel for the mine car where you are supposed to place the hose on the side will not allow me to do it. Is there any way to fix this problem?

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 3, 13 6:27 AM
Why haven't the ongoing glitches in this game been fixed yet? Doesn't Big Fish maintain relationships with the developers and address the problems that customers continue to complain about? I really enjoyed the demo to Hell Lock and want to buy this game but my computer froze up completely three times during the trial hour and I wasn't able to exit the usual way, so I had to push the off button and do a cold reboot, which is bad for your computer. I was able to play for about fifteen minutes at a time when the freezeup would occur again and just stay frozen there. My computer is eight years old but I'm able to play BF games that are older than Hell Lock and even brand new games too, so this is a glitch in the game itself and not my computer. And even newer computers are having the same problems as stated in this forum. My computer cannot be updated any further with what it's got right now but the technical problems here are in the game design itself. So what's going on ?

Go to: