WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 8, 13 12:07 PM
medusa58 wrote:I bought this game, it is not the free 1 hour trial.It had no strategy guide but I have managed to get a fair way through until I needed some help. I found a 'walk through' which showed there are 'morphing' items. In my games they will not 'morph' and collect.very disappointing as that is a fun part seeing if you can find them. why don't they work?
Hi medusa58. If you don't have a built-in strategy guide that means you have purchased the Standard Edition of the game. The Collector's Edition of the game has the morphing objects and the Strategy Guide. You are in the forum for the Collector's Edition, there is a forum for the Standard Edition, just copy and paste the link below:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1496.page

On that forum you can find a walkthrough for the SE.

[Post New]by warbirdlover on Nov 13, 13 7:24 AM
I've loaded, played and beaten the game. Then when doing it again I can't find the axe to chop the wood to make the ashes for the urn. Where do you get that? It seems like something isn't working right. I used to have this game loaded and played it over and over with no problems. Am I getting senile?

Yes I am! Never mind! I found the axe in the door under the microwave oven.

Edited on 11/13/2013 at 2:47:09 PM PST

[Post New]by hammy_0850 on Nov 30, 13 9:22 AM
Will there be a Dire Grove 2?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 7, 13 12:23 AM
hammy_0850 wrote:Will there be a Dire Grove 2?
It is very possible that the 2014 MCF game will return us to Dire Grove!!!

Havre
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Havre on Feb 19, 14 11:53 AM
Spoiler Alert. Love the game! I have played this game alot & you get the snowshoes right off the getgo but don't know where to use them. I also found where the box of soap goes, so now I have the reciever for the phone but whats the number? Any help will be great. Thanx

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 21, 14 12:03 AM
Havre wrote:Spoiler Alert. Love the game! I have played this game alot & you get the snowshoes right off the getgo but don't know where to use them. I also found where the box of soap goes, so now I have the reciever for the phone but whats the number? Any help will be great. Thanx
Hi Havre! Welcome to the forum!
Both of these issues have been discussed ad nauseam here in this forum! Lol! So here's a couple of posts as examples:
Phone number:
WilJul wrote:
conlikelike wrote:How did you get the phone number....Some have said it is different for everyone.
The phone number the OP is referring to is the one for the bonus content, and is the same every time. Copy and paste the URL below into your browser to see the post on getting that phone number then scroll down to the third post on the page:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/66260.page

If you're referring to the phone number for the cell phone that is the code for the suitcase, you must solve the puzzle on the cell phone to get the number. That number is different and random.

Snow shoes:
yourshannygirl wrote:Nothing wrong! LOL! Many people have had this same question. You cannot get up the hill from the electrical wires to the farm unless you have them in your inventory. Once they are in the inventory it allows you to get up the hill, you never have to do anything else with them and they stay in the inventory. That's just how it is! Sounds like you did it right!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 14, 14 10:48 AM
I have played the SE several times and decided to get the CE. The SG - again - stinks and it stinks bad. It is not a strategy guide. I need help with a puzzle. None is given. I already know what I'm supposed to do - I just don't know how to do it! What is wrong with BF? SGs are common in CEs and they are usually very good. BF's SGs just seem to get worse and worse. I guess this one isn't as bad as later ones because it has words at least. But they don't tell me anything.

I wanted to come here and post a glowing review because I really love this game. With the CE I thought that maybe I could even complete the puzzles I have had to skip in the SE. I'm not good at lots of puzzles.

Please, BF. Don't just tell me that I have to solve a puzzle. That much is obvious. I would have known that if this had been the first HOG I ever set eyes on. Please tell me how to solve the puzzles, step by step. Not all of us are really master detectives with remarkable intuitive powers. Some of us need a helping hand and then maybe we can learn to solve puzzles. MCF games are full of puzzles and some are extremely difficult. If I can't solve a simple puzzle how am I supposed to solve the more difficult ones?

OK, the good stuff: I could play this game in Death Valley with a temperature of 130 degrees and still feel very cold. The graphics are fantastic. The music is fantastic. The special effects are fantastic. The story line is fantastic. The acting is fantastic. The notes are fantastic. The snarky comments are fantastic and it's fantastic to be able to choose snarky comments.

I don't particularly like the idea of a bonus game being part of the main game. I finished the game with a lot of things left in my inventory - including the same pair of snowshoes I was left with in the SE. Just what am I supposed to be doing with them, anyway?

If there were a decent SG I would give this game seven stars out of five. With the lousy SG it gets three and a half because I need a SG and I paid for one and didn't get one.

[Post New]by markygillman on Aug 29, 14 7:31 PM
I have been a gamer since I was little in the 80's, and Dire Grove is one of my favorites of all time! I'm having an issue and I'm wondering if anyone else is. I bought the Collector's Edition for my ipad (which is new), and it keeps crashing, and now I can't progress. I've started over, re-installed, all that stuff. It crashes a lot, but i can't use the urn in the fireplace to get the ashes. It keeps crashing, and won't let me get them. Anyone have any ideas or the same problem? I REALLY love this game, and want to finish it.

[Post New]by hammy_0850 on Sep 24, 14 1:47 PM
Is there going to be a 2nd part to Dire Grove?
This game is amazing

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 27, 14 2:41 PM
Oh wow!! I've heard so many people say that Dire Grove is one of their favourite games, but I somehow never got around to playing it. So I thought I'd make use of the half price for CEs deal and play it before this week's new Dire Grove, and wow. Just wow. Definitely the best game of this genre!!

(so much so that I'm willing to overlook the fact that that camcorder could never have filmed those videos )

(ETA: or that the hint button still doesn't work! But in fact that may have been a good thing as I'm a lazy gamer and if you give me a hint button I'll use it, so this time I was on my own. Used the SG once because I couldn't remember having found the generator instructions, but then was kicking myself because it was in my journal all along!)

Edited on 11/27/2014 at 2:44:43 PM PST

Vdah
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Vdah on Feb 9, 15 6:27 PM
The game crashes everytime i try to apply the hose tubing to the acetylene torch... I found comments from other gamers saying they weren't able to finish the game after this stage. Is there no way to fix this? I'm using an iPad. I've already closed all other apps, and restarted my device. Still the same problem...

Edited on 02/09/2015 at 6:29:09 PM PST

[Post New]by love1018 on Mar 20, 15 11:17 AM
I badly need your help. I purchased dire grove game yesterday. Then it says purchased was completed and wait for about 15 minutes. but upto now i cant still play the full version of the game. I can only access the mini games and the strategy guide but everytime i click on the play button, it brings me back to the page wherein there's a buy button. And when i click the "already paid" button it says "processing" then "thank you for upgrading" but how come i can't still play? your help will be highly appreciated... tnx

[Post New]by NonPersona on Mar 27, 15 8:30 AM
hint button frozen and does not work

[Post New]by silverhill on Sep 8, 15 8:38 AM
This has, for a long time, been my number one game.
However since the advent of Windows 10 I cannot get to it appear on my desk top screen - yet I am told it is running in the background.
When I revert to my Windows 7 laptop I have no problems.
Does anyone know the answer to this problem?
Petroc.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 12, 15 8:39 PM
silverhill wrote:This has, for a long time, been my number one game.
However since the advent of Windows 10 I cannot get to it appear on my desk top screen - yet I am told it is running in the background.
When I revert to my Windows 7 laptop I have no problems.
Does anyone know the answer to this problem?
Petroc.

The game and your computer are no longer compatible. This is a common issue as people upgrade to a new OS. There are several games I can non longer play since upgrading. I play on a Mac and as far as I know no game has been updated to become compatible with a new operating system. Feel free to get in touch with tech support to tell them about your issue.

[Post New]by DarkKnight69 on Nov 21, 15 8:32 PM
I bought the game on line from Big fish, after downloading and installing it I tried to play the game but it doesn't load. I just get a window in my task bar showing the title of the game, but no luck. All my other games load fine from Big Fish. Can anyone assist in this situation.

Thanks

[Post New]by salobrena1333 on Jan 11, 16 3:59 AM
engj030506 wrote:AARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!! I am so desperate to play!! Started to D/L this at 6pm. Time now - 9.11 pm, only 88% D/Loaded so far. *Sigh*
I guess I will have to go twiddle my thumbs or something until it is done. You know what they say, a watched game never downloads!!

[It might be wise to check with your broadband supplier/quote]

cleric
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by cleric on Jan 13, 16 12:57 PM
DarkKnight69 wrote:I bought the game on line from Big fish, after downloading and installing it I tried to play the game but it doesn't load. I just get a window in my task bar showing the title of the game, but no luck. All my other games load fine from Big Fish. Can anyone assist in this situation.

Thanks

I am having same issue since upgrading to windows 10 computer

[Post New]by charlee73 on Feb 2, 16 7:00 PM
cleric wrote:
DarkKnight69 wrote:I bought the game on line from Big fish, after downloading and installing it I tried to play the game but it doesn't load. I just get a window in my task bar showing the title of the game, but no luck. All my other games load fine from Big Fish. Can anyone assist in this situation.

Thanks

I am having same issue since upgrading to windows 10 computer

ME TOO. Sadly, I didn't realise that some of my games wouldn't be playable in Windows 10. Wish I'd known this before I upgraded - I didn't have to, so I should have just stayed with the OS I already had.....

[Post New]by valsplace on Apr 7, 16 12:58 PM
HELP! This is one of my all time favorite game. My PC died and I bought a new one with Windows 10 on it. I can download and play all my games from my Purchase History except for this one. It just will not open. What do I need to do? Is there a CD for it. My heart is broken. I love this game and will come back and play it again after several months.

What do I need to do to get it to play on my PC. It is a Dell XPS with Windows 10.

Mahalo!

Joanne

Go to: