Senior Citizens sign in!!

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Dec 25, 17 4:23 AM
Merry Christmas everyone from cold snowy Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is -20 degrees celcius with a wind chill of -25. So yep it is real cold here as always in winter. Didn't have much snow until the last couple days and people whined about no snow for Christmas...phooey on them I could do without the snow. Have to travel today for 45 minutes and have not slept a wink since 2:00 am. Some darn noise sounds like a snow plow or street grader but can not see anything outside. It stops and starts every 2 minutes or so. Maybe too tired to leave home today. Could not sleep through the noise so am up playing GD. Got to travel to Hawaii for free for two days....nice surprise as I am struggling in Seoul right now. Nasty city. If I make it to my sisters today we will have the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, cabbage rolls and peas, carrots and or corn. I might just cozy in at home though. Won't be the first Christmas I have had just myself for company and seeing as I am not a huge Christmas fan it is okay by me. Anyway have a wonderful Christmas and a very special New Year.

Best regards
Glitter

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 25, 17 4:56 AM
Merry Christmas or alternate winter celebration to all, from the US Midwest. I've spent Christmas alone at home for quite a few years now. For the past several years the tradition has become using FaceTime to watch my grandkids (daughter in New Jersey) open their gifts, then later a second session with my son who is in Oregon.

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Dec 25, 17 7:04 AM
Merry Sunny Christmas from Texas. Happy Holidays to all. Hawaii was a nice gift from GD even though that happens to be where I am (in the game) at the moment!

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 25, 17 8:32 AM
@bowiecowgirl Was Hawaii your Xmas gift? I got 4000 travel vouchers, but then I have passed Hawaii long ago...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 25, 17 9:18 AM
GD posted on Facebook that we are supposed to get both vouchers and Hawaii:
Merry Christmas! As a present we're giving you 4,000 free travel vouchers! Don't bother using them on Hawaii though, because it's free for the next 3 days! That way Santa can get a little R&R.

Since I'm on Melbourne, the travel vouchers are just an ever growing useless number, but then it's not unusual to get a gift that you have no use for right? My youngest grandkid is 4yo. She was given money to buy gifts for four people. The one she got for her mom was a unicorn that poops out rainbow frosting for cupcakes.....

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Dec 25, 17 9:32 AM
Merry Christmas to all from North Carolina, USA! We celebrated on Saturday due to family having too many other places to go today. It's fine with me, though. The weather was unusually warm, in the 60's. But today it's very cold and windy. No snow though, we rarely have white Christmases.

I'm alone too, but doing fine. Let us all be thankful and mindful of those who are less fortunate.

Fish

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Dec 25, 17 10:23 AM
The 4000 travel vouchers must be a perk for those that play on Facebook. Just like I was told by customer service/tech help that scratch tickets are an exclusive for the Facebook crowd. I got Hawaii thank you, but no vouchers. I use them as often as I can just to get a break from these first 12 harder cities. I try to keep my footprint out of social media as much as possible. Especially Facebook!!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 25, 17 10:37 AM
It's also possible that the Facebook post was misleading. It makes sense for players who have already passed Hawaii to get travel vouchers since the free three days in Hawaii aren't for them. So perhaps it is either one or the other but not both?

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 25, 17 11:02 AM
Yes Lordkalvan, the post must have been carelessly worded. However, 4000 travel vouchers are a better present than 3 days in Hawaii... May be we'll find out...

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Dec 25, 17 11:51 AM
I got Hawaii and 4,000 vouchers, and I'm not on Facebook.

Just so you know,

Fish

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 25, 17 11:54 AM
Thanks Fish! More data!!

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 25, 17 1:39 PM
Aha, I am in Lissabon so clearly not eligible for Hawaii anymore. Nevertheless I am happy!

Edited on 12/25/2017 at 1:39:45 PM PST

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Dec 25, 17 4:08 PM
fishfinder246 wrote:I got Hawaii and 4,000 vouchers, and I'm not on Facebook.

Just so you know,

Fish

BUT... are you on a mobile device or a PC? Cos us PC players don't get near the amount of updates and features than the mobile users. I can't even give tech support my user ID so they can "find" me in the system. The tab at the bottom of the passport I need slides down and right back up again so fast that if you blink you'll miss it.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Dec 25, 17 6:36 PM
On kindle. Sorry Elizabethan, I understand your frustration. Maybe if enough pc users continue to complain, GD will help.

Fish

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 25, 17 7:53 PM
It would make soooo much sense if those of us on the last city could sell our travel vouchers or gift them as they are of absolutely no use at all, I know this is on the list of improvements we want but maybe we need to bring it forward again?

Jolliejackie
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Jolliejackie on Dec 26, 17 1:23 AM
Just did Everest challenge.
Rewards are 3 shovels 100 coins and 2 hours of infinite lives.
It kinda suits me as I have been in bed with the flu last few days.
Now I can go and use up those two hours

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 26, 17 3:13 AM
Wow, is the Everest challenge on again so soon?? I really enjoyed having the last one with the four hours for the blizzard one, although I did fall asleep before all four hours were up, it was still fun and I managed to finish off all last remaining cities that I had not completed on tier one, mainly because they were some difficult timed levels, so it was good to clear that out. Now I need to start working on getting through them all at tier 2, but its unlikely I will ever get through them as there are a lot of them to do. But its fun trying.

edit: an hour after posting this, Everest popped up on my ipad, so yes, its definitely on again.

Edited on 12/26/2017 at 4:31:20 AM PST

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Dec 27, 17 6:06 AM
globetrotter217 wrote:@bowiecowgirl Was Hawaii your Xmas gift? I got 4000 travel vouchers, but then I have passed Hawaii long ago...

I got the three days in Hawaii icon plus the 4000 travel vouchers. Am trying to decide where to go past Hawaii with the vouchers.

Did anyone else in Hawaii get something different?

gardenbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by gardenbird on Dec 30, 17 3:24 AM
In yesterdays Telegraph there was an article headed - Gaming Disorder joins list of mental health conditions. It goes on to say that those who play video games compulsively for long periods of time may be diagnosed with a mental health problem!!!
Well I guess that probably applies to some of us!!!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 30, 17 5:12 AM
Some levels certainly drive me nuts. Is that what they mean?

Go to: