bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 17, 11 2:28 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 8:08:19 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 17, 11 2:40 AM
I was doing fine until I had to put on gloves and strip the bark off of a log to collect some grubs. I stripped off every ounce of bark, but not a single grub ever emerged. And I have a phobia about creepy-crawlies. I would have noticed if there had been any.

vals2010
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by vals2010 on Jul 17, 11 5:10 AM
I have tried to play this game from the Trial download and can't. It just keeps going back to the "60 minutes remaining" screen. I have restarted my computer and am having the same problem. Can you please help, as I was looking forward to playing this game.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Jul 17, 11 5:15 AM
I am having many issues trying to launch this game. The first time when i started the game I got a message that the game was already running and to restart my computer. When I restarted my computer Windows would not start and I had to launch the repair which recommended a system restore which went back to before the download of this game. I reinstalled and now when i start the game it just keeps going back to 60 minutes remaining = Play again? screen.

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Jul 17, 11 5:31 AM
im having the same problem as you vals210

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Jul 17, 11 5:54 AM
I've installed the game twice so far and it won't run. The screen flicks to black and then nothing, or the screen flicks and game manager asks if I want to play the game again. I have restarted the game manager, and my computer without success. Any suggestions?

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Jul 17, 11 6:18 AM
Same problems as 1Seashell. Is this because some of us may be running an older OS? I am running Vista. Update: After having to do repairs and restarting I downloaded again with no problems. Game started just fine. A mystery for sure. So far I am really enjoying the game!

Edited on 07/17/2011 at 7:40:01 AM PST

Applebay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Applebay on Jul 17, 11 6:20 AM
My game won't start either, I was using Firefox so I closed it uninstalled the game, reinstalled with IE browser, same thing is happening. The only difference in my computer is a windows download. I have win 7 and it just downloaded Service Pack 1. Any other suggestions?

bigjan1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bigjan1 on Jul 17, 11 6:26 AM
Having the problem as everybody else, will not play says a another playing

Dresdin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dresdin on Jul 17, 11 6:36 AM
I am having the same problem, game won't start.

Nikita77
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nikita77 on Jul 17, 11 7:11 AM
I can't even download the game.

[Post New]by gipsy_2007 on Jul 17, 11 7:55 AM
I have downloaded this game twice and cannot get it to play. It just keeps flashing very briefly then going to the play again function with 60 mins. left. What's up? I am running on Windows 7.

Edited on 07/17/2011 at 7:56:25 AM PST

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on Jul 17, 11 8:01 AM
I am experiencing the same issue. The trial game will not play. Disappointing.

[Post New]by LadyTa74 on Jul 17, 11 8:07 AM
Same as most everyone here. Trial version won't play. Restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled and nothing.

amahaf2
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by amahaf2 on Jul 17, 11 8:10 AM
the game is working for me but the "skip" feature takes so awfully long to load that I'm not playing the game anymore.

rahdaisy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by rahdaisy on Jul 17, 11 8:19 AM
Having the same problem as others. I click the "play now" and the screen goes black for a moment and comes back to the "play now" screen. I also have Windows 7. I would really like to trial this game.

[Post New]by parisinpdx on Jul 17, 11 8:28 AM
Like many others, when I try to launch the game, it ends up back at the Play Now/Buy Now screen. Is there a fix for this problem?

leboyd170
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by leboyd170 on Jul 17, 11 8:55 AM
Like others, I purchased this game, downloaded it and began to play. Had to close out of the game and now when I try to go back in, nothing. The game will not re-load. Please let us know if there is a fix coming. Thank you.

[Post New]by familyrules908 on Jul 17, 11 8:55 AM
I am having issues with not being able to open the game from the start. I click on play game the screen flashes and then goes back to the screen to buy game. I haven't even gotten a change to try the came first. I have ran a Dr. Flex test so now what?

Please help me.

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Jul 17, 11 9:10 AM
I am having the same issue as everyone else. I am also running windows 7. Is it possible that there is an issue with this game and windows 7? Please help. I have read the reviews and was really looking forward to playing this game.

Go to: