recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

Was this offered last year?

[Post New]by recliner24 on Jul 17, 11 10:04 AM
Opening scenes on the boat are exactly like a game offered last year..........Like Unsolved Mystery club but not sure I'll buy this..............I would have bought it last year if I liked it............

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

Re:Was this offered last year?

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 17, 11 10:06 AM
The previous one was about Amelia Earhart.

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Jul 17, 11 10:24 AM
Have the Amelia Earhart CE.........I'm referring to the Ancient Astronauts opening scenes on the boat and getting off the boat etc. The introduction scenes describing the lost explorers and opening the vault I do not remember............seems they took scenes from one game & used them in another........but I may be wrong!!!!!

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Was this offered last year?

[Post New]by vickie39 on Jul 17, 11 10:50 AM
recliner24 wrote:Opening scenes on the boat are exactly like a game offered last year..........Like Unsolved Mystery club but not sure I'll buy this..............I would have bought it last year if I liked it............

recliner24, I had dejavue too!! But I checked and had beta'd this months ago. Maybe you beta'd too?

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Jul 17, 11 11:56 AM
Vickie, Thanks you might be right......I have only Beta tested a few and you are probably right.

Now I'll have to do the demo & decide if it's a BUY!!!

IrishRush
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by IrishRush on Jul 17, 11 1:10 PM
I beta'd this one too - and loved it. Loving the real deal too, enough that I think I'm going to buy this. I really want to see what they did with the whole thing.

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Jul 17, 11 2:52 PM
I also had major deja-vu involving this game from the opening scenes on the boat to the bushman on the shore and wondered where I saw it before. I even checked my purchase history to see if I bought something like this but I must have also beta'd it a long time ago as well. Oh well, loving it so far!

Suede46
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suede46 on Jul 17, 11 4:56 PM
I also beta'd this game several months ago. In the last week I was thinking about it and wondering if I had missed its release. I was overjoyed to see it this morning; I downloaded it, played the trial, loved it all over again, and bought it.

It is brilliant, thank you BF

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jul 18, 11 2:22 AM
Just bringing this in here as the thread is no longer reply-able.

Re: Reviews for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition
by mercyone on Jul 17, 11 6:52 AM
As soon as I found myself on the boat I had a feeling of deja vu, I had to check my pantry and see if I all ready bought this game. The answer was no so then it occurred to me that BF may have recycled one of their games or part of it.

Just wanted to clear this up that BFG did not make this game.

Edited on 07/18/2011 at 2:23:05 AM PST

Go to: